Brian Hightower?

Advertisement
The subtle "injury report" was when @Brooklyndee came on here and matter-of-factly stated Mark Pope will start getting more burn this week (immediately).

Wish that hadn't been what it took, but there seems to be a method to Dugans' madness and I think we should trust him.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, Dugans has as much leeway with his coaching decisions as possible. No matter who he plays, whether they're true frosh or 5th year seniors, they seem to block their *** off and make big plays when they're called upon. Dugans is worth every penny he's being paid and more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was wondering why we didn't really see DL81 after his catch on the second series. Not good news about Hightower or JT4. That leaves us with a heathly core of:
Wiggins, Cager, Pope, Ezzard, Harley, Njoku. I wonder if we see more "double tight" sets with Mallory and Jordan on the field at the same time. Haven't see that a lot. Also wonder if a kid like Marshall Few gets a little burn in the slot. He made a lot of big time people look bad in HS.

I was wondering why we didn't really see DL81 after his catch on the second series. Not good news about Hightower or JT4. That leaves us with a heathly core of:
Wiggins, Cager, Pope, Ezzard, Harley, Njoku. I wonder if we see more "double tight" sets with Mallory and Jordan on the field at the same time. Haven't see that a lot. Also wonder if a kid like Marshall Few gets a little burn in the slot. He made a lot of big time people look bad in HS.
I could have sworn I saw Langham after a td later in the game. Probably will see Homer and Dallas split out a good amount tomorrow.

Advertisement

Call me crazy, but im actually pretty excited to see what those young guys can do. Wiggins looked great last week, Harley can fly and has been starting to get going, and there's so much talent between Pope, Njoku and Ezzard.

I'd also say it's time to start working Lingard into the rotation at RB to try to keep the load down for Homer and Dallas in these type of games, so they can stay fresh and healthy for the stretch run. Homer and Dallas are really starting to take some shots. If one of them goes down, the most talented guys behind them have no experience and as much as I pull for Gray, I'm not sure he's the answer.

that's our top 2 wrs hurt/out(richards & thomas). richards' 2 primary backups OUT (langham and hightower). ****...we GOTTA be able to run the ball the next couple weeks.

I could have sworn I saw Langham after a td later in the game. Probably will see Homer and Dallas split out a good amount tomorrow.
Maybe, but i don't remember seeing him much after his catch. The tackle is the kind of tackle that high ankle sprains happen. That might be the end of his career here to be honest. That sucks, but he's provided more than anyone probably thought he ever would.

that's our top 2 wrs hurt/out(richards & thomas). richards' 2 primary backups OUT (langham and hightower). ****...we GOTTA be able to run the ball the next couple weeks.

Thankfully we have a bye week after tomorrow and can hopefully get some guys healed up. No team comes out of the Miami-FSU game not a little banged up.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but im actually pretty excited to see what those young guys can do. Wiggins looked great last week, Harley can fly and has been starting to get going, and there's so much talent between Pope, Njoku and Ezzard.

I'd also say it's time to start working Lingard into the rotation at RB to try to keep the load down for Homer and Dallas in these type of games, so they can stay fresh and healthy for the stretch run. Homer and Dallas are really starting to take some shots. If one of them goes down, you have zero experience behind the other one.
I don't disagree it's just a lot of talent and experience is on the shelf. 82, 4 maybe, 81, 8. Just not ideal that is all. Have faith in all our boys, but injuries happen. With the types of injuries our injured WRs have we need a run of 3-4 weeks without an injured WR. We get the bye after Va which will help, but we went from depth to a couple of "nicks" to being dangerously thinned.

Just goes to show what is really needed at each position to truly have no drop off

Advertisement
Maybe, but i don't remember seeing him much after his catch. The tackle is the kind of tackle that high ankle sprains happen. That might be the end of his career here to be honest. That sucks, but he's provided more than anyone probably thought he ever would.
Agreed, I’m trying to figure out why the **** no one has reported these injuries to Hightower and Langham. Obviously they didn’t practice this week, so tell us.

You can definitely tell JT's been playing hurt & toughening it out since FIU, but I didn't know Hightower & Langham were hurt.

I think JT will play if he can, but maybe we should take him off KR & I hope we see more Wiggins, Pope & NJoku.

Agreed, I’m trying to figure out why the **** no one has reported these injuries to Hightower and Langham. Obviously they didn’t practice this week, so tell us.
Maybe they were asked not to until the end of the week? Who knows, not a big deal that it wasn't report, but a big deal about the talent we may be without.

Advertisement
Back