Brian Hightower Transfers to Illinois

Here is the funny thing about peoples takes here.
Whether the move was right or not is debatable but he went from:

Team A , A 6-7 team that played in a conference with 1 ranked team and did not play them

to

Team B, A 6-7 team that played in a conference with 6 ranked teams and played 4 of them

Last edited:
Advertisement
He wants to play and get a fair shake. This team started Patchan over Rousseau for 5 weeks. You like that move champ????

Im not defending either side here, I’m just stating a fact. If losing was the issue (which was part of your argument) then he went to a worse situation. For the record I’ve been against Manny from the jump and personally don’t blame anyone for leaving after last year.

Im not defending either side here, I’m just stating a fact. If losing was the issue (which was part of your argument) then he went to a worse situation. For the record I’ve been against Manny from the jump and personally don’t blame anyone for leaving after last year.

I hear you, but look at post #42, it may surprise you a little

Advertisement
It's a shame he left because I like his game. But that portal isn't the miracle place most people think it is. Most go in and either never come out or wind up at a ****** program. I know some will try to spin it like he's increased his profile, but Illinois is a toilet.

P.S. What's the UM connection at Illinois? Seems like all our portal guys wind up with Illinois buzz.

It's a shame he left because I like his game. But that portal isn't the miracle place most people think it is. Most go in and either never come out or wind up at a ****** program. I know some will try to spin it like he's increased his profile, but Illinois is a toilet.

P.S. What's the UM connection at Illinois? Seems like all our portal guys wind up with Illinois buzz.
Corey Liuget?

Advertisement

Only connection I can think of is the fact Illinois always tries to recruit in Florida early and heavy..probably from the recruiting trail🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement

Illinois's WR coach used to coach at FIU for year & was in Tampa with Lovie as a WR's coach for 2 years.

Advertisement
1588105555777.png

He was very hyped for a guy who didn't make much impact. I think Roche will be >>>.

Came in hurt and never fully healthy until late season. Also, we rotated guys too much. Garvin half-assin a$$ should have gotten less snaps than buddy.

Ladies and gentlemen the CHISE is on........

GOCANES

I guess he's not as good as he thinks he is if the best he can do is Illinois

Advertisement
Back