Brian Flores hired by Steelers as Def asst

No, but it establishes the character of the person you're suing. Especially when they claim you're the one that's difficult to get along with.

I have no idea why he was really fired, but fans saw improvement and felt it wasn't Flores that was the big problem. That says something.
It isn’t just Ross claiming his abrassivness. Players, coaches, front office, and even media said he is hard to work with. Fans were happy with the defense, angry about offense and especially the charade of having two offensive coordinators. I don’t know who thought it was smart to make an oline with not one veteran, but that also was a huge issue that everyone with eyes could see in the preseason. No legit rb also was very frustrating when trying to run an RPO with no run game. Putting together a competent offensive staff was on Flores and he couldn’t do it and most signs point to it was bc his lack of relationships in the nfl.

Advertisement
The Steelers are not going to be a good team next year no QB, no oline, no secondary, not much cap. Not sure how me saying they will not be good next year and I think the dolphins will beat them is ignorant, but that word gets thrown around a lot without really understanding what it means.
Dolphins owner put the man in positions that nobody would be comfortable with. Dude set up a meeting on his boat or whatever with Watson and invited Flores. I’m happy B Flo opened his mouth about his experience because the Dolphins have been a mess.

It isn’t just Ross claiming his abrassivness. Players, coaches, front office, and even media said he is hard to work with. Fans were happy with the defense, angry about offense and especially the charade of having two offensive coordinators. I don’t know who thought it was smart to make an oline with not one veteran, but that also was a huge issue that everyone with eyes could see in the preseason. No legit rb also was very frustrating when trying to run an RPO with no run game. Putting together a competent offensive staff was on Flores and he couldn’t do it and most signs point to it was bc his lack of relationships in the nfl.
Because head coaches are known for being so easy to get along with. The offense was awful and that's on him, but what does that say about Ross hiring him in the first place? What does it say about him not addressing it before now? If Ross was trying to make Watson happen, where else was he interfering?

These are things we'll either find out or it wiull all just go away.

Dolphins owner put the man in positions that nobody would be comfortable with. Dude set up a meeting on his boat or whatever with Watson and invited Flores. I’m happy B Flo opened his mouth about his experience because the Dolphins have been a mess.
The player was Brady. You really think every team doesn’t tamper with free agents? Why is it okay for Flores to tamper with Watson last year but not Brady when he was becoming a head coach? Why didn’t he open his mouth 3 years ago and waited till he was fired? Any dolphins fan should have zero issue with Ross trying to bring in Tom Brady so he could do what he ended up doing in Tampa.

Flores has an issue now bc he lost his job and is trying to air any dirty laundry he can to make himself look better. Running to every media outlet possible and screaming look at me is what has us discussing this, but there is a whole other side to this story and ross made a statement what Flores is claiming is not true. It will possibly come out in court if any of this is even relevant in a class action suit having to do with race not tanking or tampering. Defamation is the exact word Ross used in his statement, so I would expect a counter suit as well,

That's how lawsuits work. You weaken your opponent in any way possible. If they have completely unrelated detrimental information that might come out in discovery, they're more inclined to settle rather than pursue in court.

You establish a pattern of unethical activity and force the defense to say sure, but THIS TIME, he's the good guy.
Just stop…at first you were saying the Flores allegations were likely true because Flores hadn’t made racial allegations before. Now you’re saying he should attack Ross’ character if he doesn’t have real evidence of racial practices. Except, like I said, both his character and racial allegations stem from the same allegation of tanking. If Ross can point to his diverse org, he’s not going to settle a racial discrimination lawsuit because Flores is trying to say he wanted to tank games. If that’s the Flores game plan, that’s reprehensible…to accuse a guy of being a racist because he allegedly wanted to tank games

Advertisement
Because head coaches are known for being so easy to get along with. The offense was awful and that's on him, but what does that say about Ross hiring him in the first place? What does it say about him not addressing it before now? If Ross was trying to make Watson happen, where else was he interfering?

These are things we'll either find out or it wiull all just go away.
Hey I’ve said Ross has a bad track record when hiring people. I wanted him to hire Kris Richards the year he hired Flores. Think McDaniel is the first time I’ve agreed with who he hired.

I think Ross was on board for Watson bc that is what his head coach wanted, but he said he would not okay the trade unless his legal issues were taken care of. I think that is pretty reasonable when we are talking about trading 3 first round picks. The Texans gave permission for the dolphins to talk to Watson a couple days before the trade deadline.

Ross let Grier and flores run the show than when the relationship became so toxic he had to step in. I personally would have fired both, but he chose to retain Grier for some reason. I agree we will find out alot more when they start getting into lawsuit right now we are only hearing one side and it is the disgruntled former employee.

I think rooney rule is more of an insult. Why would a minority coach want to even interview just to fill the nfls quota when they know someone else will get job
It’s not a insult if practiced in good faith. Ppl just want a fair shot. EVERYONE KNOWS the “get along to get along club” exist. That’s human nature. Your more likely to get along with a and want to hire a person with some similar characteristics as you.

Problem in the NFL, the PPL with most power Who make these decisions ..are WHITE MEN. While the work force is majority Blk. And there’s 2 or so black head coach’s and then like 3 other minorities. In 2022 htf is that the case?? A guy like Josh McDaniel can absolutely suck with the Broncos, publicly turn down after accepting the offer 1 of the 32 jobs YET and STILL have job offers down The road. Yet a coach Like B flo walks into a mess, shows results even with the QB he didn’t want to take. Then gets pressed by the higher up to play Tua over Fitz when the team was balling with fitz. And then the whole Watson fiasco where Ross put him a terrible position knowingly HE STILL gets the Phins turned around on a winning streak..and he gets fired for this dude? He’s supposed to be leading a locker room of grown *** men..

Dude was a OC for 1 szn Who never called plays
(funny enough that’s always brought up as to why minorities didn’t get jobs they were candidates for), And the only reason he “climbed” up the coaching was because he’s boy threw him bone after bone..ain’t no minority getting a HC job with the resume this dude has..talking about he’s a **** Minority lol. I’m glad the Steelers did what they did cause nobody else was gonna touch b flo and he’s a **** good coach and leader of men

Just stop…at first you were saying the Flores allegations were likely true because Flores hadn’t made racial allegations before. Now you’re saying he should attack Ross’ character if he doesn’t have real evidence of racial practices. Except, like I said, both his character and racial allegations stem from the same allegation of tanking. If Ross can point to his diverse org, he’s not going to settle a racial discrimination lawsuit because Flores is trying to say he wanted to tank games. If that’s the Flores game plan, that’s reprehensible…to accuse a guy of being a racist because he allegedly wanted to tank games
I never said they were likely true. I said if Flores had no history of claiming racism, maybe it's actually racism. I'm also saying that attacking his character is a way to weaken him in a legal case, not because he doesn't have any evidence. You're reading a lot more into what I'm saying than you should.

To all the Dolphins fans B flo never wanted Tua. He wanted Herbert. He didn’t draft that mess of a oline. He didnt take a corner in the first Rd who can’t get off the practice squad. The Dolphins higher did all that. He just dealt with it a maximized that roster

Advertisement
That's how lawsuits work. You weaken your opponent in any way possible. If they have completely unrelated detrimental information that might come out in discovery, they're more inclined to settle rather than pursue in court.

You establish a pattern of unethical activity and force the defense to say sure, but THIS TIME, he's the good guy.
Wait till you see the picture these billion dollar attorneys paint 😂. I mean come on dude Flores is having a racial lawsuit and hired an all white law firm. He hired a majority white assistant coaches. I don’t know who talked him into doing this lawsuit but I think there is other coaches who have a way better claim to the what Flores is saying than Brian Flores.

Wait till you see the picture these billion dollar attorneys paint 😂. I mean come on dude Flores is having a racial lawsuit and hired an all white law firm. He hired a majority white assistant coaches. I don’t know who talked him into doing this lawsuit but I think there is other coaches who have a way better claim to the what Flores is saying than Brian Flores.
Probably, but if nothing else, he cause Ross a lot of aggravation. Ever heard of a divorce where one party kept trying to drag it out just to make life miserable for the other?

I hear you but 49ers went backwards when Harbaugh got fired. Went from Super bowl contenders to 8-8 and missing the playoffs. Different trajectory then what we’ve seen from the Fins the last 3 years and few years prior to Flores coming here
Jim was 8-8 his last szn. They tolerated him until he wasn’t going on runs

This is what the lawsuit says specifically about the Dolphins.

14. In January 2022, Mr. Flores, who spent three years as the Head Coach of Defendant Miami Dolphins, Ltd. (the “Dolphins” or “Miami”), found himself without a job. He was fired by the Dolphins after leading the team to its first back-to-back winning seasons since 2003. The purported basis for his termination was alleged poor collaboration. In reality, the writing had been on the wall since Mr. Flores’ first season as Head Coach of the Dolphins, when he refused his owner’s directive to “tank” for the first pick in the draft. Indeed, during the 2019 season, Miami’s owner, Stephen Ross, told Mr. Flores that he would pay him $100,000 for every loss, and the team’s General Manager, Chris Grier, told Mr. Flores that “Steve” was “mad” that Mr. Flores’ success in winning games that year was “compromising [the team’s] draft position.”

15. After the end of the 2019 season, Mr. Ross began to pressure Mr. Flores to recruit a prominent quarterback in violation of League tampering rules. Mr. Flores repeatedly refused to comply with these improper directives. Undeterred, in the winter of 2020, Mr. Ross invited Mr. Flores onto a yacht for lunch. Shortly after he arrived, Mr. Ross told Mr. Flores that the prominent quarterback was “conveniently” arriving at the marina. Obviously, Mr. Ross had attempted to “set up” a purportedly impromptu meeting between Mr. Flores and the prominent quarterback. Mr. Flores refused the meeting and left the yacht immediately. After the incident, Mr. Flores was treated with disdain and held out as someone who was noncompliant and difficult to work with.

16. From that point forward, Mr. Flores was ostracized and ultimately he was fired. He was subsequently defamed throughout the media and the League as he was labeled by the Dolphins brass as someone who was difficult to work with. This is reflective of an all too familiar “angry black man” stigma that is often casted upon Black men who are strong in their morals and convictions while white men are coined as passionate for those very same attributes.
Exactly the bolded. Not only did they unceremoniously let him go..they threw dirt on his name as he was leaving. Tie that together and all bs before hand he dealt with I’m definitely riding with Flo on this one. Ross needs to go

Advertisement
Exactly the bolded. Not only did they unceremoniously let him go..they threw dirt on his name as he was leaving. Tie that together and all bs before hand he dealt with I’m definitely riding with Flo on this one. Ross needs to go
I can't really say who's right or wrong, but Ross hasn't impressed me as an owner. Hire coach, wait 3 years, fire coach. He fired Philbin after a 1-3 start, but left Flores after a 1-7 start?

When you fire someone, it's best to just say it didn't work out, time to go. Giving reasons like Ross did does no good for anyone and generates hard feelings all around.

If Ross was a racist he would of not hire Flores in the first place.I think flores firing has to do with him and the owner having problems,just common sense
If slave owners were racist they wouldn’t have trusted their slaves to cook their food, tend their children etc etc. Donald sterling hired a black coach, employed black ppl and STILL felt the way he did in his soul. I don’t think anyone is for sure calling Ross racist..nobody knows that. But the way B flo was treated was wrong regardless

To all the Dolphins fans B flo never wanted Tua. He wanted Herbert. He didn’t draft that mess of a oline. He didnt take a corner in the first Rd who can’t get off the practice squad. The Dolphins higher did all that. He just dealt with it a maximized that roster
Every person close to the dolphins says Flores didn’t want Herbert, if your getting your info from Colin cowherd try and find a reliable source that actually covers the team. Grier drafts players who his head coach wants and fits their scheme. If you don’t think all those pics are a collaborative effort I don’t know what to tell you.

I’ll run through some things Brian Flores did do. He couldn’t hire a competent offensive staff. He had 4 OCs and 3 OL coaches in three years. He wasted numerous challenges, timeouts, and had terrible click management. He refused to let the front office draft rb in the first couple rounds. He didn’t play Tua when he was ready to play for weeks before the ravens game. He ridiculed Kenny stills about standing up about racial integrity at practice, he had a starting olineman cut to save 1M, he had our first round pick(Fitzpatrick)demand a trade bc the coach treated him poorly, he talked down to players, media, and his peers. I could go on and on. This is unhealthy stuff and shows a pattern for the man Flores is. If you did not do what he wanted he treated you like an inferior human. You can make up false narratives or try and believe a clear narcissist, but that is on you buddy.

Advertisement
Probably, but if nothing else, he cause Ross a lot of aggravation. Ever heard of a divorce where one party kept trying to drag it out just to make life miserable for the other?
Oh yes just saw my dad go through a 3-4 year divorce. They become very tricky when there is a disabled child involved.

I’m sure Ross initial reaction was rage, but guy isn’t as rich as he is for being an idiot. Like you have said if he is as confident as his statement comes off it is smarter to just let it play out in court instead of airing dirty laundry back and forth.

Agree 100%. Wonder why Flores didn’t want to talk to Brady but was fine tampering with Watson?
When was it bflo who was tampering with Watson? Those leaks about having interest in 4 came from the Dolphins FO. U really think Flo was spearheading that? The same man who is widely reported to wanting to draft Herbert but the Org went tua..and NOW all of a sudden he was having the last say on trading for Watson..cmon now

When was it bflo who was tampering with Watson? Those leaks about having interest in 4 came from the Dolphins FO. U really think Flo was spearheading that? The same man who is widely reported to wanting to draft Herbert but the Org went tua..and NOW all of a sudden he was having the last say on trading for Watson..cmon now
Who is reporting he wanted to draft Herbert? Not on credible person. Flores wanted burrow or Tua and he even liked Jordan love more than Herbert. It is also widely known Flores wanted to trade for Watson and it is not speculated but fact that Ross said no to any trade unless Watson cleared up his legal issues.

Tell me this why has all media leaks stopped since Flores was let go. Why is everything around Flores a media circus? If you connect the dots it is pretty evident he is the one talking to the media to try and force the trade through, trying to tarnish tuas name to get his way. Ross said no unless legal issues were resolved and they were not hence no trade. If Ross really wanted desean watson he would be a Miami Dolphins at the trade deadline last year.

"And after getting fired only job he’s able to get is as a LB’s coach."
Different situations. But at 1am or so in the morning - trying to sleep after my pug woke me up - Jimmy Johnson's was the one name that came to mind.

I looked it up and here are a few more.

Tony Dungy - Parts ways with Tampa Bay after a 9-7 season in 2001 in which the Bucs lost to the Eagles in the Wild Card following a third place finish in the NFC Central. He had a 10-6 record in 2000 which saw Tampa lose in the Wild Card round after a second place NFC Central finish, and a 11-5 record in 1999 which had the Bucs lose to the Rams in the NFC Championship.

Marty Schottenheimer - Fired after a 14-2 finish with the Chargers in 2006. He was 9-7 and 10-6 in the previous two seasons.

I don't know what the given reason was for parting ways with Dungy, aside from the fact that they went from a 1st place finish in the Central in 1999 to a 3rd place finish in 2001. Schottenheimer was let go because a interdepartment conflict with the Chargers' general manager.

Advertisement
Back