Brian Balom SR HL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yup. Type of kid that Charlie Strong used to load up on at Louisville when we never offered. The kid would end up balling out and people would wonder why we never offered. And I like that 4.6 speed at safety.
Charlie got way too much credit for his defense… Teddy is the one who should get 95% of the credit for what went on at Louisville.… Charlie's skill became very obvious at Texas!

I assume the staff likes him for the same reasons why they like Knowles. His zone instincts look good as he seems to have a feel for reading route concepts and QB's eyes. His footwork and angles are very sound and efficient. His tackling is inconsistent but more good than bad in those highlights. He looks like a guy who should be a trustworthy rotational safety by year 2 (after some physical development).

I'm not excited about his athletic traits but you don't need dynamic athleticism to be a functional safety. This is a high floor low upside prospect imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't see the Rob Knowles comps at all. HighSeas' breakdown reads a lot like what I wrote to D$ via text a bit ago. Came here now and saw this convo. Some of you are underrating how important it is for a Safety to have clean steps and good feet. In our defense, it's critical. Kid needs to hit the roids, but he's likely a 6' 195 Safety by the time we need him in the rotation.

Advertisement
Love the take.

how refreshing to see a DB commits/targets Highlight tape actually consist of playmaking from the SECONDARY

Not one play where the QB just throws a duck and he snatches it followed by 2 mins of plays from Special teams/offense where they are jusy way more athletic making the plays

Advertisement
Back