Brian Balom SR HL

Washington I heard was playing good ball this year though?

No problem with replacing him though
I think Washington can be something once he gets into a college strength program. His length stands out and he will fill out in college imo. We have taken worse in some of the other previous classes than him imo

Advertisement
He is exactly what you wrote. Played against him this year...he's good at diagnosing plays and coverages. That to be added with solid to good measurables and athletic ability its a no brainer.

Plus hes a Miramar kid who will be tough and not back down on competition from he enrolls here
Not only that but for him not to transfer from Miramar says alot about his personality. Super solid prospect imo not overly blowed away but doesnt the little things right

He's too athletically limited & has very little upside.

He's a FIU type player.

FIU HAS A PLAYER LIKE HIM STARTING RIGHT NOW IN THEIR BACKEND.

He isnt multiple. I like recruiting dbs that can be multiple, Washington is a striker and thats it here.

I only wanted him with Francois. If we dont get Francois...move on.. There is some big fish dbs coming open now with FSU floundering.

Advertisement
Just checked out these Balom senior clips...I like the kid. Little stiff on those INT returns, but covers ground seems to read the QB and play very well. Not quite Gurvan Hall physical, but he'll definitely hit ya.

There' s a comparison I wanna make, just can't quite put call it yet...

We only took this kid for Francois and he’s decommited something like eleven times , I’d move on and if Francois wants in fine. But his tag along pal is gone. That or both go freeze their asses off in the big ten. It’s not like top ten teams are beating down either guys door.

I’ve been on the Balom train for awhile , good athlete that has a high ceiling. He’s still raw.

Advertisement
Back