Brian Balom Safety, Miramar

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
He's bit of a late bloomer because up until last year I believe he was a JV kid.

But I like him as a late riser to keep tabs on throughout the year.

He's an exact Strong Safety Rover type that we like, a downhill Box S that can bring the wood.

We haven't recruited a prospect from Miramar since Brian Edwards, but most of their top talent has been getting poached recently with kids like Henry Gray & Devon Betty.

Umfuture

Freshman
He's bit of a late bloomer because up until last year I believe he was a JV kid.

He's an exact Strong Safety Rover type that we like, a downhill Box S that can bring the wood.

We haven't recruited a prospect from Miramar since Brian Edwards, but most of their top talent has been getting poached recently with kids like Henry Gray & Devon Betty.
His 4.63 Miami Opening 40 is on par with Francois and Branch as is his size. do you see us looking at him?

skeeter

Junior

Reminds me of Slaughter kid from Georgia UM recently offered. Slaughter looks a little physically stronger with longer arms.

grover

Senior
Well if he just busted out in front of all the Miami coaches, he's certain to be invited to Paradise. So I expect he'll get an offer by the end of the month assuming he has a repeat performance there.

grover

Senior
BTW, where is Tracy Howard these days? That kid was another D'O casualty, IMHO. I know he didn't have the top speed needed to be an NFL corner. But if he were developed as a safety at Miami, he could have had a much better chance at landing with a pro team. I hope he is still pro-Cane. Feels to me like the way his career went hurt us at Miramar a bit.

gogeta4

All-ACC
BTW, where is Tracy Howard these days? That kid was another D'O casualty, IMHO. I know he didn't have the top speed needed to be an NFL corner. But if he were developed as a safety at Miami, he could have had a much better chance at landing with a pro team. I hope he is still pro-Cane. Feels to me like the way his career went hurt us at Miramar a bit.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/caneswarning.com/2019/05/09/former-miami-hurricanes-cb-tracy-howard-blames-injury-not-al-golden-on-nfl-career-ending/amp/

I know he came through with his detailing company and cleaned up.one of my boys ride recently.

grover

Senior
Thanks, Geta, didn't see that. I still remember the feeling we were back when Tracy flipped to us. If Golden/D'O hadn't been so frickin stubborn with their shitty defense, we could have skipped the last 5-6 years of drama and been where Clemson is right now. Loved that kid coming out, and glad to hear he's still repping the U and living his life.

wrt Balom, I'm looking forward to hearing how he plays at Paradise. Covers really well in his HUDL tape. I like how he swims to the ball, often gets some nice shots in, but doesn't lose control when tackling. And he's got the requisite size and length. But I can't tell how flexible his hips are because he's usually in a zone coming downhill. Just need to see how explosive he is against top competition.

86Gang

Sophomore
Ala Redwine.

86Gang

Sophomore

Is Pough at Miramar? What happened with him?