Brian Balom Safety, Miramar

Advertisement
Have to give the staff credit for continuing to land these under the radar guys (who can actually play). A lot of years it was 5 star or bust, and I mean really bust, and any rational fan would see guys like this doing very well at a power 5 program and getting drafted while we were filled with busts.

This year:

-Restrepo
-Antonio Smith
-Austin Cave
-Clarke
-Hodges
-Branch
-Balom
-maybe Chris Washington
-to some extent even Elijah Roberts is probably under the radar

This is the classic example of a talented, albeit non-blue chip local kid that we would have likely slow played into the latter stages of the signing period, who won't reciprocate interest and then sign with Louisville or Utah, much to CIS' chagrin. Now he commits and many of you complain that we reached?

Advertisement
Bring 25 a year : sort them out doesn't take long to figure out which of the 25 have it ; asked the rest to move on : I think these Drama Queens that we sometime recruit are headaches during the recruiting process, and then become cancers once in the program

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
That not what Manny is saying ...

Exactly Manny just said he wants parents involved before the kid commits. He wants the kid to be sure and enjoy your visits before you commit. If you do commit and then say you're open and take other visits then someone who's serious may take your spot.

I don't see what the big deal is. So we're supposed to hold a spot for a low four or three star and get left on signing day?

And I'm sure his rule doesn't apply to five stars so again what's the big deal?

Advertisement
Back