Brevin

...Njoku jr better than every year Brevin had and he’s bigger. Recently bias be crazy lol. He never played better than David. Stats don’t show that and obviously the nfl didn’t think that either.
Njoku had measurables. I had Brevin going 4th on the pod so the draft positioning is not a surprise.

Brevin had more yards, more yards per game, was a better blocker and was smarter. He was a better player at Miami. His only issue was durability. If he played 12 games, his junior stats would have blown Njoku’s out the water.

Advertisement
It's annoying that ppl are again trying to justify a bad decision. You ***ers never learn.

Sometimes, **** alot of times, the obvious answer is the right one. He should have stayed stop being fake lawyers and defending horrible positions.

Dude balls out against Bama and he's a day 2 guy. How many times did they refer to Pitts' game against Bama.

Theme of the year call a spade a spade phonies, it was a mistake.

All the gloids on here kept telling me had to leave. Couldn’t take the chance of coming back and getting hurt again. That never made a drop of sense.

In reality, he HAD to come back to prove he has some durability. You don’t think these NFL teams had the same access to his injury history as you did? You nincompoops thought he’d show up with a mustache and glasses and trick everyone?

He was never the crazy athlete who was going to get overdrafted by coming out and running a 4.38 forty. He had to come back and produce and show he could play a season of football.

Fcking morons and greedy imbeciles advising these dudes. It’s a **** shame. Shortsighted idiots always fck **** up with their chase for quick short paper.

Njoku had measurables. I had Brevin going 4th on the pod so the draft positioning is not a surprise.

Brevin had more yards, more yards per game, was a better blocker and was smarter. His only issue was durability. If he played 12 games, his junior stats would have blown Njoku’s out the water. He was a better player at Miami.
If he played 12 games but he didn’t.....Njoku also played 2 years here not 3.

Advertisement
I'm not hating because I speak facts. Some of yall soft af man and can't handle the ******* truth
Anything that doesn’t entail engulfing the entire **** and balls is considered hating by today’s weak triggered internet gotcha society.

Brevin was one of my favorite guys here the last several years, but he made a big mistake leaving just like Rousseau did. Short money is dumb money.

Appreciate he chose the U and I hope he has success in the NFL. I do agree that some kids get bad advice.

Truth is maybe he just isn't a top 3 round prospect and coming back wouldn't have mattered. I feel bad for the kids and families when they think they will get the call and they are on TV with their families just waiting...and waiting...

Advertisement
My bet is Washington picks him up. They need another receiving TE badly because Logan Thomas (remember him? lol) is 30 and played 93% of snaps last year for them.

I hope Jax picks him. He’ll get on the field early (Jax has no receiving TEs at the moment) and Urban knows how to incorporate his game.
If that happens I may become jags fan lol. The Fins have really worn me down, I'm kinda done with them. I don't like their "draft strategy" Grier is a bad joke.

Jordan had 298 more yards, Njoku played in 4 less games and had 41 less catches. You really think if Njoku played 3 years here or even 4 more games, Jordan would still have more yards?
Brevin had more yards per game and more total yards. He was more productive by any measure and a better blocker.

Advertisement
Brevin had more yards per game and more total yards. He was more productive by any measure and a better blocker.
He wasn’t that good of a blocker so that isn’t saying much and he made like 1 contested catch in 3 years and that was in the bowl game.

Anyways, good luck to him and I hope the best for him.

Brevin had more yards, more yards per game, was a better blocker and was smarter. He was a better player at Miami. His only issue was durability. If he played 12 games, his junior stats would have blown Njoku’s out the water.
This^^ I've been watching a few different draft recap shows this morning. Brevin's medicals are presumed to be the concern...

I said this in another thread and got ripped. It’s not hating. I love Brevin and he is cane for life. But some guys games just don’t translate to the nfl. Brevin is 6’3, 245. He’s not super fast and he isn’t big. He’s not a good blocker. He catches with his body a lot and he doesn’t make contested catches. His biggest gift is yac ability but in the nfl that’s hard to come by if you’re a body catcher that isn’t going to be seen in the middle of the field. He’s also very injury prone. Would you spend a pick on a guy that’s likely your 2nd TE at best and maybe can only play H back detached from the line? Yes. Is it in your top 3 rounds? No. He also doesn’t have much special team value. I don’t think coming back improves it much, either. I think he made the right choice and just needs a good fit. He can still be a 30-300 guy. Think Irv Smith for the Vikings
You make valid critiques but look at Eric Ebron in the NFL. Same size and absolutely cannot/will not block. His hands have come into question as of late but he was pretty highly valued coming out of college and valued as a pro at least for the first handful of seasons in his career.

I think you're absolutely right though in that fit will be key. Some coaches still insist in trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

Advertisement
I made note in the draft thread that 80s to 106 was Brevin Jordan watch. Tennessee had a pick in there, Chargers had a pick in there (they went with McKitty), Tennessee again at 100, Rams at 103, and Jacksonville again now at the top of R4 with 106.

I guess we can extend this to 130, where there are - again - lots of potential landing spots with teams with multiple picks.

Unfortunate fall. Outside of the Top 100 is kind of a fall for Jordan. He's what...TE6 at best right now. That sucks...especially in a weak-outside-of-Kyle-Pitts-draft. Bad testing...he's surely not the cleanest medical...and then he's not a great interview? Unfortunate. We've had lesser TEs drafted higher in better draft years.

Better than Evidence Njoku right?

What’s the argument?

Brevin had more yards, more yards per game and was a better blocker. He was the better player.

Njoku was more durable and had better measurables.

The NFL story remains to be seen but I’ll bet on Brevin’s instincts. He knows how to play and is not just an athlete.
He had better stats? Cool. I imagine durability is not just some toss in quality but rather VERY important for NFL teams when they consider a prospect.

Brevin will be out of the league in 3 years. Comparing him to Jonnu Smith is even more laughable.

Advertisement
Back