Brevin Jordan..

I think teams will be more focus on Jordan medical exam than his combine. Gotta make sure his shoulder problem will not be a lingering issue.
*But before we send him off to the pros, would like to see an All-ACC performer these last 5 games. Hope he doesn't shut it down (Garvin) these remaining games.

Advertisement
Using Frank Gore as the rule and not the exception will only set up for disappointment.

Not to mention there is a difference between someone who got injured (Gore) and people who are injury prone.

Brevin has been out for multiple stretches in each season he’s been here, and as someone else previously alluded to in this thread, the NFL is gonna be more physical than ACC football.

Again...see my post above about posters recognizing the use of an "example".

Nobody is using Frank Gore as "the rule". He is an example. You should be able to see the difference.

There is no such thing as "injury prone". There are players who play the game harder and with more abandon, and who, as a result, may encounter more frequent injuries. This doesn't mean they step out of the shower and blow out a knee by slipping on a wet floor. There are also players who get injured and then do not heal properly, making re-injury a greater likelihood.

TEs get banged up. Look at Gronkowski (an EXAMPLE, not "the rule" or "the exception" or any other illogical comparative). The NFL scouts understand that some positions take greater abuse than other positions, and that there are merits to strength training and surrounding talented players with other talented players so that the opponent cannot double-team any one player.

If a draft candidate has a solid physical and combine workout, no NFL team is going to bypass drafting a talented player for multiple rounds just because the kid missed some playing time while he was still in his teens.

This kind of armchair draft analysis is exactly why most of the porsters on this board should never (and will never) be employed as NFL scouts.

Actually here in Pittsburgh the Steelers openly said it would be held against them
Yes but who are the Steelers except maybe the best drafting team in the NFL over the past 40 years (save for Knoll’s last few drafts).
But never fear because the NFL also has the Jets, and The NFC East to make terrible drafting decisions.
Its one thing to opt out of a bowl game. It’s quite another to skip an entire season because of Covid when numerous players changed their minds and returned to their teams. Rousseau made a bad financial decision. And if every team in the NFL is s well run as the Steelers it would doom him. But remember that someone (jets) signed Leveon Bell, and Antonio Brownhas been signed yet again.

I think the issue for Brevin is lack of size for the position+injury history may equal teams being down on him. It is isn't crazy to suggest that either. Especially if guys like Pitts, Friermuth (spelling), Ferguson all come out too. GR15 will be fine. I dpn't think ppl are saying Brevin won't get drafted, just think he may fall lower than expected due to the above mentioned combo.

As far as the Metcalf/Jordan example, I said it was a bad example strictly cuz of position and what TE's are asked to do vs WR's and what scouts may be looking for.

As an overall issue, I would point out that NFL TEs are playing much more like a flex/big WR these days. So the "lac of size for a TE" is less of an issue than it may have been 20 years ago.

Also, NFL teams will project the issue of size. Anyone can gain weight/muscle and become more capable of fighting off the more minor types of injuries, the issue will be whether they project Jordan to do so under an NFL nutrition & training regimen. Also, let's not forget that Jordan played in all 12 games (and started 11) as a true freshman. So this "injury-prone" myth involves, what, 2019 and a few games from 2020 (in which we had no real off-season strength-and-conditioning regimen for months)?

Like I said, I don't think the issue will be past injuries. The issue will be an evaluation of whether those past injuries have healed and/or whether they are likely to result in re-injury.

I would take a TE that is more durable with similar numbers over Jordan. I would also take a taller TE over Jordan. Speed is secondary over size, route running, and toughness in a NFL TE. Gronk/Kittle etc aren’t blazzers, but they use their size to body safeties and corners to win contested catches.

Advertisement
In the first 10 picks. He’s the exception not the rule tho. Brevin ain’t going til 3
I agree overall. I still think there's a very small chance Brevin goes at the end of 2 but he needs to finish the year really strong and test really well. He's obviously a great player but he doesn't have the measurables Greg does.

Again...see my post above about posters recognizing the use of an "example".

Nobody is using Frank Gore as "the rule". He is an example. You should be able to see the difference.

There is no such thing as "injury prone". There are players who play the game harder and with more abandon, and who, as a result, may encounter more frequent injuries. This doesn't mean they step out of the shower and blow out a knee by slipping on a wet floor. There are also players who get injured and then do not heal properly, making re-injury a greater likelihood.

TEs get banged up. Look at Gronkowski (an EXAMPLE, not "the rule" or "the exception" or any other illogical comparative). The NFL scouts understand that some positions take greater abuse than other positions, and that there are merits to strength training and surrounding talented players with other talented players so that the opponent cannot double-team any one player.

If a draft candidate has a solid physical and combine workout, no NFL team is going to bypass drafting a talented player for multiple rounds just because the kid missed some playing time while he was still in his teens.

This kind of armchair draft analysis is exactly why most of the porsters on this board should never (and will never) be employed as NFL scouts.
I’m not gonna finish (or start) reading this novella but if you’re too stubborn to admit some players’ bodies can take the physical abuse better than others idk what to tell you.

I would tell you to stop calling people armchair analysts when they in fact know more than you, but everyone knows the only way you get to sleep at night is telling yourself you’re smarter than everyone else, so I won’t.

Advertisement
Back