Brevin Jordan..

Be careful around here when talking about Feeley, Stroud and maybe one or two others. Everything is black/white. Either you're a certified corch or you're one of the best in the business. No in between.
They Laughed at Swasey....bet they ain't laughing no more....

Advertisement
Not sure why any NFL team would ever take a TE in the first round. Especially after the the Howard/ Njoku/ Engram draft......

From what I've read lately, Brevin would be the 3rd TE taken - Both Freiermuth (Penn State) and Pitts (UF) would be ahead of him. IDK what round that translates to - maybe 2nd or 3rd?

Some of you mopes are truly pathetic.

DK Metcalf broke his foot in Game 2 in his first college season. He broke his neck in Game 7 in his third (and final) season. DK Metcalf played in 19 full games out of 36 total while at Ole Miss.

He was drafted in the second round.

Advertisement
Gronk didn’t go until the second round because he was more injury prone than Jordan in college. He’s a much bigger guy though.

As for Rousseau, he’s almost assuredly getting picked in the first round. Look at Jadaveon Clowny. He had an incredible sophomore year but didn’t have the choice of leaving early so he came back for a junior season where everyone and their mom saw him playing half speed and he still got picked at the top of the draft. The NFL doesn’t give a **** if you opt out. Scouts would probably prefer to have more film but there’s already enough out there to put him in the first. Pass rushers are the ultimate premium in the NFL after quarterbacks.

Some of you mopes are truly pathetic.

DK Metcalf broke his foot in Game 2 in his first college season. He broke his neck in Game 7 in his third (and final) season. DK Metcalf played in 19 full games out of 36 total while at Ole Miss.

He was drafted in the second round.
Measurables and a crazy workout. Brevin may still go late first to mid 2nd but this isn’t a great comparison

Rousseau will probably go top 15 (11-15 range), but Brevin ain't going top 2 rounds at this rate. If you can't stay healthy, why the **** would an NFL team use a coveted pick on you?

Honestly if we're being real here (and I love the guy because we've seen how talented he can be): has he really produced enough to be a top-two round pick? Probably not. Now I do think he was primed for a big season and can still have one, but at this point, he's not a top-two round pick based on durability and consistency.
Preseason Rousseau was projected top 4-7 pick. Today he's 10-14 in most mock drafts. By the time the season ends and you go into the heavy NFL predraft projections I wouldn't be surprised if Rousseau drops into the 15-18 category. The young man lost some major money deciding to sit out from the China virus.

Jordan was a second rd grade before the season assuming he balled out. He's looked real good when *healthy* which is the concern of every NFL GM out there. Assuming he plays the reminder of the season and continues his solid play, he can still capture that late 2nd rd grade. My guess is he drops into the 3rd rd.

Advertisement
Lol at anyone entertaining the thought of Jordan coming back. No shot that’s happening!

Njoku was more productive than Jordan and killed during his workouts. He had every measurable. And still went late first round, 29th overall. As a TE he’s at a position that isn’t a high priority, like Safety. The NFL is full of excellent, productive TEs who weren’t top picks. George Kittle was a fifth round pick from Iowa. Travis Kelce was a third round pick from Cincinnati.

Brevin needs to return and get through another full, healthy, productive season.
Finally!!! Someone bringing the truth on this matter!

CIS be full of draft experts, yo. Mel kiper ain't got ****t on these cats round here.

I think I may have even just seen a Brevin / Gronk TE draft comparison. Oh my!!

Go Canes!!!!!

Last edited:
They Laughed at Swasey....bet they ain't laughing no more....

Literally everyone is laughing at Swasey. I know that's your boy and everyone that was here in the 90s are the 2nd coming of Christ, but nobody is knocking Swasey's door down to pull him out of that toilet bowl program to the south. He's a strength coach, and a decent one. He's not some program changing person.

Back to the topic at hand, Brevin is injury prone. There, I said it. Way too much missed time for multiple ailments to say otherwise.

And that being said, he better be back and healthy the rest of the season. He's the most dynamic player on offense by a long way. Not having him is a night and day difference.

Advertisement
Literally everyone is laughing at Swasey. I know that's your boy and everyone that was here in the 90s are the 2nd coming of Christ, but nobody is knocking Swasey's door down to pull him out of that toilet bowl program to the south. He's a strength coach, and a decent one. He's not some program changing person.

Back to the topic at hand, Brevin is injury prone. There, I said it. Way too much missed time for multiple ailments to say otherwise.

And that being said, he better be back and healthy the rest of the season. He's the most dynamic player on offense by a long way. Not having him is a night and day difference.
A plethora of NFL stars work out with Swasey...and have since forever....

Are we a team that hits the weight room. Lifting and blood, sweat in tears type of CONDITIONING or not. It should be mandatory to hit the weight room. Just curious. We look out of shape
Especially at receiver. These guys still look like they just got out of Highschool. Pope look like he’s on a vegetarian diet.

A plethora of NFL stars work out with Swasey...and have since forever....

One of my favorite arguments. If Swasey got a job tomorrow at, say, Iowa State.....how many of this plethora are flying to Ames to work out with him?

I'd say MAYBE slightly more than zero.

The bottom line to this nonsense theory is that, sure, many of these kids work with Swasey while he was here. So they're comfortable with him. No worries, and that's fine. But they get to workout with him, then go to Prime 112 and Joe's and Scarlett's. Give Swasey the S&C job at Penn State and let's see how many NFL stars start flocking to State College. Yeahhhhhh, no chance.

Advertisement
Would love for Brevin to think like you all and come back but it aint happening. He knows all he needs to do is string together a few great games from here on out and hes good to go. But like one poster said, hes running at least 2nd right now behind that Pitts kid from UF. So not sure where that leaves him.

BUT with all this said, if his NFL advisory grade doesnt come out with him being a 1st round pick, he needs to come back. Him being a 2nd round grade could easily turn into him going in the 3rd-4th round if there is a "run" on a certain position and he falls. Happens all the time. Add to the fact that if Manny can convince King to come back..BJ definitely should stay.

NFL scouts are going to take one look at Rousseau and mouths with drop. They will see a young Calais Campbell and every team wants one of those. He will be a top 15 pick easily. If he runs a 4.6 like some posters predict..he will be top 10. Hes still developing. He hasnt even reached his peak yet. Scouts love prospects like that. This is a silly argument for anyone who thinks otherwise.

One of my favorite arguments. If Swasey got a job tomorrow at, say, Iowa State.....how many of this plethora are flying to Ames to work out with him?

I'd say MAYBE slightly more than zero.

The bottom line to this nonsense theory is that, sure, many of these kids work with Swasey while he was here. So they're comfortable with him. No worries, and that's fine. But they get to workout with him, then go to Prime 112 and Joe's and Scarlett's. Give Swasey the S&C job at Penn State and let's see how many NFL stars start flocking to State College. Yeahhhhhh, no chance.
You'd be surprised...Huh @dsddcane ??

He ain't going 2nd round. And Rousseau ain't going 1st round. Y'all are obsessed with "testing" but you don't get it.

Hate to **** on a guy that's injured, but NFL is no place for sympathy. NFL is BIG BUSINESS. And business is about MONEY.

They don't give a **** about your problems, or that your mamma has Covid, or none of that. If you can't make it though 16 game seasons, or you "opt out" and you can't finish a season, you ain't **** to them.

Life ain't fair.
GTFOH Please never post again.

Advertisement
Back