Brevin Jordan..

This is facts, Brevin is a great talent and he’s definitely capable of going 3 and out but he may need another year to rid the injury prone label tbh

or he can leave and at least get paid to risk injury. I just don’t see him staying if he plays the rest of the way and plays well.

Advertisement
Has missed 10 games in 2.5 years at Miami.

We need this guy to get back and play.

I know people around here think he is a 1st round type player. No way he goes top 45 picks maybe even top 60. If you can’t stay healthy in college, it’s not a good look going to NFL where it’s obviously much more physical and violent.

The offense needs him back starting next game.
Yea the only knock on him is that he can’t stay healthy, definitely going to impact him in the draft , he is definitely a first round talent but a team Is going to get a steal .

You out your mind if you think Rousseau doesn't go in the top 15 picks.

Players like him do not grow on trees.
Some of you mopes are truly pathetic.

DK Metcalf broke his foot in Game 2 in his first college season. He broke his neck in Game 7 in his third (and final) season. DK Metcalf played in 19 full games out of 36 total while at Ole Miss.

He was drafted in the second round.
It was only because he went absolutely crazy in the nfl combine, that dude is alien,to be that big and running that fast !

Advertisement
*catches 10 yard out route*
*winces like a ligament was torn, comes off the field*
*back on the field 5 plays later at full speed*

good old Stacy Coley. What I would do to have him in this WR corps now.
He would've been dangerous in this type of scheme.

I cant recall a single play where I specifically remember him getting hurt. I just see him hurt on the sidelines frequently and then hes out for a few weeks. Its weird
Bruh how did you miss him getting hurt in the clemson game??

Advertisement
Some of you mopes are truly pathetic.

DK Metcalf broke his foot in Game 2 in his first college season. He broke his neck in Game 7 in his third (and final) season. DK Metcalf played in 19 full games out of 36 total while at Ole Miss.

He was drafted in the second round.
And he made it up with his insane measurable‘s . Which I don’t think Brevin can make up for. Still think he goes in the first 2-3 rounds tho

Dont think Brevin Jordan will ever be a first rounder. He is essentially a 6'2 TE with minimal blocking prowess.

His comp will be Evan Ingram without that explosiveness and speed. Evan Ingram ran 4.42 or some crazy number.
He’s 6’3 and he doesn’t have “minimal blocking prowess”. He’s a great blocker, notice how much more effective the run game has been when he’s in there the last 3 seasons vs when he’s not

Measurables and a crazy workout. Brevin may still go late first to mid 2nd but this isn’t a great comparison

So...Brevin doesn't have measurables? And last I checked, he hasn't gone through the combine workout yet.

Look, you're a bright guy, go back and look at what I was responding to: people acting like the injury history is some kind of major problem that can't be overcome.

DK Metcalf is not a "comparison". DK Metcalf is an EXAMPLE. I'm so tired of people (not talking about you individually, just porsters in general) who can't apply logic correctly.

I could list others. Willis McGahee had a brutal injury nearly 20 years ago. Tua Tagavailoa had a major injury about a year ago. Let's not pretend that "DK Metcalf" is some unique example in the world that is "explained away" by "measurables" and "a crazy workout".

In fact, go back to the recent SI.com article on Metcalf. Even after that, a ton of teams passed on Metcalf because of PROJECTION mistakes ("he's too muscular/not flexible and can't run all the routes on the route tree").

The point of using Metcalf as an EXAMPLE is because he played 19 full games out of 36 in college. That has nothing to do with "measurables" or "workouts". Just that he was injury-prone and missed a ton of games. Still got drafted.

So, again, for all the mopey pussies acting like Rousseau's opt-out or Jordan's injuries are some sort of automatic NFL draft disqualifier, you are wrong. Obviously, they need good combines too, but these guys will not drop in the draft SOLELY because of opt-outs or injuries.

Advertisement
Brevin has a first round skillset. Problem is that isn’t enough when you’re below 6’3” at TE and missed parts of every season in college.

Ceiling is probably mid 2nd now, floor is probably late 3rd.

Advertisement
Brevin has a first round skillset. Problem is that isn’t enough when you’re below 6’3” at TE and missed parts of every season in college.

Ceiling is probably mid 2nd now, floor is probably late 3rd.

Nonsense. Ceiling is whatever the physical and combine say.

The injuries kids suffer when they are 18 do not definitively dictate the injuries they will suffer when they are 22.

How do Frank Gore's knee injuries as a college player compare to his knee injuries as a pro player?

Nonsense. Ceiling is whatever the physical and combine say.

The injuries kids suffer when they are 18 do not definitively dictate the injuries they will suffer when they are 22.

How do Frank Gore's knee injuries as a college player compare to his knee injuries as a pro player?
Using Frank Gore as the rule and not the exception will only set up for disappointment.

Not to mention there is a difference between someone who got injured (Gore) and people who are injury prone.

Brevin has been out for multiple stretches in each season he’s been here, and as someone else previously alluded to in this thread, the NFL is gonna be more physical than ACC football.

So...Brevin doesn't have measurables? And last I checked, he hasn't gone through the combine workout yet.

Look, you're a bright guy, go back and look at what I was responding to: people acting like the injury history is some kind of major problem that can't be overcome.

DK Metcalf is not a "comparison". DK Metcalf is an EXAMPLE. I'm so tired of people (not talking about you individually, just porsters in general) who can't apply logic correctly.

I could list others. Willis McGahee had a brutal injury nearly 20 years ago. Tua Tagavailoa had a major injury about a year ago. Let's not pretend that "DK Metcalf" is some unique example in the world that is "explained away" by "measurables" and "a crazy workout".

In fact, go back to the recent SI.com article on Metcalf. Even after that, a ton of teams passed on Metcalf because of PROJECTION mistakes ("he's too muscular/not flexible and can't run all the routes on the route tree").

The point of using Metcalf as an EXAMPLE is because he played 19 full games out of 36 in college. That has nothing to do with "measurables" or "workouts". Just that he was injury-prone and missed a ton of games. Still got drafted.

So, again, for all the mopey pussies acting like Rousseau's opt-out or Jordan's injuries are some sort of automatic NFL draft disqualifier, you are wrong. Obviously, they need good combines too, but these guys will not drop in the draft SOLELY because of opt-outs or injuries.
I think the issue for Brevin is lack of size for the position+injury history may equal teams being down on him. It is isn't crazy to suggest that either. Especially if guys like Pitts, Friermuth (spelling), Ferguson all come out too. GR15 will be fine. I dpn't think ppl are saying Brevin won't get drafted, just think he may fall lower than expected due to the above mentioned combo.

As far as the Metcalf/Jordan example, I said it was a bad example strictly cuz of position and what TE's are asked to do vs WR's and what scouts may be looking for.

I would take Roche before I take Rousseau.
ice cube lol GIF
Lol Laughing GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Back