Brevin Jordan..

Yeah I see a team falling in love with his measurable. But there are some teams that will take him off their board especially early first because he decided to opt out rather than put more film out since it was already limited.
majority of the evaluations have him going early and when he tests its probably going to be a sure thing

Advertisement
majority of the evaluations have him going early and when he tests its probably going to be a sure thing
I agree but I know there was an executive quoted before the season started that he wouldn’t consider dragging anyone who opted out. If he drops mid to late first there is no way that executive doesn’t take him.

Are we a team that hits the weight room. Lifting and blood, sweat in tears type of CONDITIONING or not. It should be mandatory to hit the weight room. Just curious. We look out of shape
Be careful around here when talking about Feeley, Stroud and maybe one or two others. Everything is black/white. Either you're a certified corch or you're one of the best in the business. No in between.

I agree but I know there was an executive quoted before the season started that he wouldn’t consider dragging anyone who opted out. If he drops mid to late first there is no way that executive doesn’t take him.
true. them executives get wowed by test results every draft. it'll happen again. watch greg run a 4.6 at 6'6 265 and go top 10 lol

Advertisement
He ain't going 2nd round. And Rousseau ain't going 1st round. Y'all are obsessed with "testing" but you don't get it.

Hate to **** on a guy that's injured, but NFL is no place for sympathy. NFL is BIG BUSINESS. And business is about MONEY.

They don't give a **** about your problems, or that your mamma has Covid, or none of that. If you can't make it though 16 game seasons, or you "opt out" and you can't finish a season, you ain't **** to them.

Life ain't fair.
You out your mind if you think Rousseau doesn't go in the top 15 picks.

Players like him do not grow on trees.

Rousseau will probably go top 15 (11-15 range), but Brevin ain't going top 2 rounds at this rate. If you can't stay healthy, why the **** would an NFL team use a coveted pick on you?

Honestly if we're being real here (and I love the guy because we've seen how talented he can be): has he really produced enough to be a top-two round pick? Probably not. Now I do think he was primed for a big season and can still have one, but at this point, he's not a top-two round pick based on durability and consistency.

Advertisement
Njoku was more productive than Jordan and killed during his workouts. He had every measurable. And still went late first round, 29th overall. As a TE he’s at a position that isn’t a high priority, like Safety. The NFL is full of excellent, productive TEs who weren’t top picks. George Kittle was a fifth round pick from Iowa. Travis Kelce was a third round pick from Cincinnati.

Brevin needs to return and get through another full, healthy, productive season.

He ain't going 2nd round. And Rousseau ain't going 1st round. Y'all are obsessed with "testing" but you don't get it.

Hate to **** on a guy that's injured, but NFL is no place for sympathy. NFL is BIG BUSINESS. And business is about MONEY.

They don't give a **** about your problems, or that your mamma has Covid, or none of that. If you can't make it though 16 game seasons, or you "opt out" and you can't finish a season, you ain't **** to them.

Life ain't fair.
Greg is 100% going first round. He's not the only player who opted out for covid.

Advertisement
Are we a team that hits the weight room. Lifting and blood, sweat in tears type of CONDITIONING or not. It should be mandatory to hit the weight room. Just curious. We look out of shape

Are you asking whether lifting weights is optional for our football team?

Advertisement
The NFL don't care about you opting out. ****, they will support you for that.
The NFL actually hates all these Juniors coming out.

They're not a developmental league - yes they're getting value on some players e.g. (a throwback), Charles Johnson for the Panthers came out as a JR, was drafted in the third round and played for 10 years for the Panthers. However, he barely played his first year and was the first guy off the bench his second year. He only broke out at 24, at which point the Panthers had to decide whether they wanted to give him a new contract and for how much. They gave him a $30m signing bonus based off 1.5 good NFL seasons and, thankfully, it worked out.

How many others flame out because they're not NFL ready at 21? Countless.

With his injury history, Jordan is better served coming back as a Senior and proving he can stay healthy. He has the potential to be a second round pick as a TE / HBack, but I certainly wouldn't draft him there.

Rousseau is a freaky athlete who's absolutely jumped off the tape for scouts, but they can watch all of his game tape in an afternoon. Some team MIGHT pick him up in the first round, but they're doing so based purely off potential. All 32 teams would have LOVED him to play this year so they have a better idea what they're drafting.

Their were plenty guys (Christian Mccaffery, J. Bosa, and etc.) that opted out and their draft status weren't negatively impacted.
They opted out of a meaningless (for them) Bowl game after 3 years of stellar College production.

Personally I hated it (and McCaffrey plays for my team), but NFL teams don't give a **** about loyalty to college teammates.

Njoku was more productive than Jordan and killed during his workouts. He had every measurable. And still went late first round, 29th overall. As a TE he’s at a position that isn’t a high priority, like Safety. The NFL is full of excellent, productive TEs who weren’t top picks. George Kittle was a fifth round pick from Iowa. Travis Kelce was a third round pick from Cincinnati.

Brevin needs to return and get through another full, healthy, productive season.
Njoku still hasn't learned to block, unfortunately.

Advertisement
Back