Brevin Jordan senior season

That is the best TE tape I can remember. And I was on Njoku from the first HL I saw of him. Agree with SCI that the only knock, and I'm laughing as I use that word, the only possible minus he has is 2" of height. It's absurd because positives are incomparable.

Kid is basically Deejay Dallas at Tight End, legitimately "a running back at heart."

Yes I was a Njoku guy too but he was a raw WR prospect with freakish physical ability. Not a fair comparison.

Compare Jordan to 5* TE prospects from previous years like Kent Taylor, Nauta on UGA or Nick O'Leary and it's not close. He looks like the next Vernon Davis.

Him and Jarren Williams are such great fits for Richt's offense, and Lingard/Davis are an obvious 1-2 punch anywhere. I'm a big Mallory fan as well. Very much looking forward to that young 2019 offense.

Jordan and Mallory lining up in a two TE set... Man, LBs are going to be dead after chasing them around 4 quarters. So unfair. Williams is indeed a perfect fit for Richt's O. LOVE his film. Good decisions, high football IQ, great release, touch, accuracy... It's going to be really good.

Advertisement
i almost think brevin should be classified as an ATH instead of a TE. he's gonna line up on the line, in the slot, and possibly at outside WR inside the 10. he'll also play h back and could even conceivably take short yardage carries--he would be the biggest back on the team.

he's a really interesting player. i liked whoever said deejay dallas as a TE. aaron hernandez too. he almost runs like a QB in the open field, really upright kinda like jt barrett.

another comp i see is charles clay who tulsa used as a RB/TE/h-back hybrid.

Day 1 starter. He can block, too. Flexible, strong-lower body and plays hard.

As a kid that's not an EE you think he starts? He's the first TE we've recruited in years that actually plays in-line and shows a good skillset that seems polished so idk what to expect. All of our recent TE's were developmental and it always seems there's a transition period for TEs at the college level regardless.

Njoku was a WR coming out, Herndon played mostly WR, Irvin was a WR, Haskins was a QB. Polendey played a lot in-line in high school but wasn't physically ready. Jordan might be the first physically ready TE that also knows how to play in-line that we've had in a decade. Just don't know what to expect from a non EE true freshman.

Advertisement
**** we need to hire their OC, liked some of the looks and movement used to get him the ball

He is an absolute monster. Still think if he was 6'5 or 6'6 instead of 6'3, he'd be the unanimous #1 TE in the nation and a possible 5*.

I concur wholeheartedly, sometimes the recruitniks place waaaay too much value on measurables. That's why a guy like Brevin ranked lower than some cats when IMO he's been the best TE in the country hands down. To me he's the happy medium between Alge Crumpler and Vernon Davis. Neither of them are 6'5", 6'6" guys and were impact guys at the position. He's probably a notch or two athletically under Davis(who's arguably the greatest pure athlete at TE) but he's much more streamlined & athletic than Crumpler. Kid's gonna be a MAJOR problem as a pass-catcher and inline blocker....

Last edited:
Most college ready prospect we're bringing in. And he's also a smart alpha leader to boot!

Instant impact maker (along with Mallory) day 1. Really bummed neither can be here for spring to gain much valued reps.

Advertisement

TE is a tough position to crown as a Day 1 starter. Maybe due to depth...but its a tough transition.

I'll be more conservative and say he's a guy who sees his PT early and sees his role expanding by year's end where he's essentially the starter, but Day 1 is a leap. Possible due to depth, but a leap.

He's an excellent TE prospect though.

He and Mallory remind me of a type of tandem that Stanford would have a few years back. Incredibly difficult to defend at the college level when you have two TE sets like that. The LB and safety talent just isn't there on teams to defend this with any regularity.

Throw in a fullback that is even remotely versatile and its a very dangerous offense and that isn't even including the RB and WR talent that Miami almost always has.

TE is a tough position to crown as a Day 1 starter. Maybe due to depth...but its a tough transition.

I'll be more conservative and say he's a guy who sees his PT early and sees his role expanding by year's end where he's essentially the starter, but Day 1 is a leap. Possible due to depth, but a leap.

He and Mallory remind me of a type of tandem that Stanford would have a few years back. Incredibly difficult to defend at the college level when you have two TE sets like that. The LB and safety talent just isn't there on teams to defend this with any regularity.

Throw in a fullback that is even remotely versatile and its a very dangerous offense and that isn't even including the RB and WR talent that Miami almost always has.

Throw in the fact we are getting the #1 ranked FB in this class... Our O is going to look very, very different in 2 years.

Given his excellent receiving AND blocking skills I wouldnt be surprised if he did achieve the feat of starting that early especially considering the fact that Irvin jr is not a good blocker. Not to mention Bishop Gorman has one of the best strength and conditioning programs at the highschool level in the country

It's because of the competition. He just has to beat out Irvin, and I think he'll be a better blocker and receiver immediately. If Jordan got here in spring, I wouldn't have any doubt.

But if Irvin holds him off, that means he's working hard and seizing his opportunity. So in a way I hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement

It's because of the competition. He just has to beat out Irvin, and I think he'll be a better blocker and receiver immediately. If Jordan got here in spring, I wouldn't have any doubt.

But if Irvin holds him off, that means he's working hard and seizing his opportunity. So in a way I hope I'm wrong.

Odds are against Irving even being on the team in 2018. If by some miracle he doesn’t get get kicked off the team in the next 9 months, then he’ll concede the job almost immediately to Jordan.

Yeah even watching him as a Junior you could see how thick he is in the quads.

I know we are throwing around a lot of comparisons but he reminds me of Herndon already.

Advertisement
As long as he has the playbook down, I don’t see how he doesn’t start? Irvin better put in some work this off season or he will be coming off the bench again.

That is the best TE tape I can remember. And I was on Njoku from the first HL I saw of him. Agree with SCI that the only knock, and I'm laughing as I use that word, the only possible minus he has is 2" of height. It's absurd because positives are incomparable.

Kid is basically Deejay Dallas at Tight End, legitimately "a running back at heart."

Hate to bump a thread for something like this, BUT he just admitted it was due to Jordan's size.
Capture+_2017-12-31-20-40-50.jpg

Hate to bump a thread for something like this, BUT he just admitted it was due to Jordan's size.
View attachment 56796

:U5PyXda:

Advertisement
Back