NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

Disappointed he's leaving but I wish him well.

I am confused by what part of the combine you think he is going to kill?

I’m hesitant to engage with someone who would be disappointed in him leaving. But I’ll bite.

You don’t think he’s going to test well?

Advertisement
Disappointed he's leaving but I wish him well.

I am confused by what part of the combine you think he is going to kill?

He'll look great in the drills I have no doubt. Don't think he'll great 40.

He's a consensus top-5 TE in this draft class and doesn't have much to gain by returning, especially with the uncertainity with King's injury.

Agree would love to have him back but completely understand his decision. If he can avoid the injury bug he'll have a long NFL career

Jonnu Smith with injury concerns.
I was gonna accuse you of plagiarism but I searched Jonnu on here and you made the comp first so props for that. I guess I missed the thread when you did it.

To me this is another case of a Cane getting bad intel and representation for a draft decision. Brevin is an undersized TE who can't be trusted to block and makes most of his impact on throws at or near the line of scrimmage where he can run after catch.

There's a very narrow list of 12 personnel teams that can make use of that type of player, and most of them already have the position addressed.

Arizona - Dan Arnold. maybe
Baltimore - Andrews
Cleveland - Harrison Bryant & Njoku
Green Bay - Tonyan
Indianapolis - Burton. maybe if BPA
LAR - Everett and/or Brycen Hopkins
Miami - Gesicki
Minnesota - Irv Smith
NE - drafted 2 last year
Philadelphia - doesn't seem like their fit, but opening is there
SF - Kittle

I don't see the value or need that would drive him up boards. He's likely gonna slide on draft day to a team that views him as insurance (SF) or long-term replacement to develop (Indy). His best hope is if one of these teams with a HC opening hires a coach who has a role in mind for him. Jacksonville has the biggest need but if they hire Meyer I doubt they will view Brevin as a scheme fit.

Good luck to the young man.

Advertisement
Future Titan

jonu smith is better. He isn’t taking his spot that’s for sure. Also he can’t block so he isn’t taking Firksers spot. Brevin is a tweener so it will be interesting to see how he does in the NFL.

Don't hate. Until he can prove he can play more than 2/3's a year will he be a top 3 round pick. Others have called out his blocking and frame. He also isn't even that consistent as a pass-catcher. He struggles with contested catches.

Staying another year would've been the smart move for his career.

Advertisement
don't think he was underused this year ... he missed some games ... but he had 7 tds and really came on his last 3 games of the year
That’s the new Patchan Rousseau rhetoric... Mallory and Jordan were underused. Neither were hurt and/or out. RBs also all underused. None banged up. TVD didn’t get enough reps from the COVID list...

I'm sure NFL teams are salivating to draft an injury prone TE from the vicious ACC.

Enjoy that 33% discount Brevin!

Yes, NFL teams have always shied away from Miami TEs. Great point dude.

I can't even imagine the thought process you must have to post something as non-sensical and weird as that

jonu smith is better. He isn’t taking his spot that’s for sure. Also he can’t block so he isn’t taking Firksers spot. Brevin is a tweener so it will be interesting to see how he does in the NFL.
Jonnu is a FA after this season and the Titans have a lot of decisions to make with Smith, Davis, Brown, etc. Jonnu couldn’t block for **** either when he entered the league and Brevin is further along than he was.

Advertisement
He will go top 3 rounds and if healthy have a Kelce like career. **** if sorry Ebron and Ingram can still be in the league..I know Brevin will be good to go!
A Kelce like career? You realize the numbers and production Kelce has put up and stayed healthy through it all? He will be top 3 TE of all time when it’s said and one and arguably the best.

Advertisement
He'll look great in the drills I have no doubt. Don't think he'll great 40.

He's a consensus top-5 TE in this draft class and doesn't have much to gain by returning, especially with the uncertainity with King's injury.

Agree would love to have him back but completely understand his decision. If he can avoid the injury bug he'll have a long NFL career
He is short for a tight end and not particularly long. Maybe he tests well with shuttle and 10 and 40. Average hands. With his inability to stay healthy not sure he goes earlier than 3rd round. He caught 38 balls. Had he not missed games. He catches well over 50 balls. His yards after catch number is misleading. A lot of that was against Louisville and Duke.

I was gonna accuse you of plagiarism but I searched Jonnu on here and you made the comp first so props for that. I guess I missed the thread when you did it.

To me this is another case of a Cane getting bad intel and representation for a draft decision. Brevin is an undersized TE who can't be trusted to block and makes most of his impact on throws at or near the line of scrimmage where he can run after catch.

There's a very narrow list of 12 personnel teams that can make use of that type of player, and most of them already have the position addressed.

Arizona - Dan Arnold. maybe
Baltimore - Andrews
Cleveland - Harrison Bryant & Njoku
Green Bay - Tonyan
Indianapolis - Burton. maybe if BPA
LAR - Everett and/or Brycen Hopkins
Miami - Gesicki
Minnesota - Irv Smith
NE - drafted 2 last year
Philadelphia - doesn't seem like their fit, but opening is there
SF - Kittle

I don't see the value or need that would drive him up boards. He's likely gonna slide on draft day to a team that views him as insurance (SF) or long-term replacement to develop (Indy). His best hope is if one of these teams with a HC opening hires a coach who has a role in mind for him. Jacksonville has the biggest need but if they hire Meyer I doubt they will view Brevin as a scheme fit.

Good luck to the young man.

Players like Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett...or even someone like Virgil Green are really good f'n athletes. Not only on the field, but good testers, too. And while I'd say those comparisons are actually compliments for Brevin (I think pro version of Jonnu is used a lot in ways that I think Brevin Jordan wins here), I think he's got to have a good offseason. Players of his ilk that are poor testers have also gotten drafted in R2-R3 (like two guys you mentioned Irv Smith and Devin Asiasi), but being injured, he really should be aiming to ace the process. He's got a pretty wide range of draft outcomes right now, IMO. I do think the teams you listed will like him quite a bit provided there are no wild red flags we don't know about.

Advertisement
Back