NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

Advertisement
Brevin Jordan has played a major role in putting this program on an upward trajectory. He was a heck of a player when healthy & no player did more to recruit for the U than Brevin. He was always engaging with the media and he seemed to be a great role model on & off the field. He deserves major props for his contributions to Miami football.

Mallory will do just fine next year with support from some talented young guys. We'll be just fine at the TE position.

I don't understand how Hodges only had 1 catch. This is TEU and we sell that to this position but don't get them ball like we should.
He missed multiple games with covid/contact tracing and has 2 guys in front of him. 86 got some of those reps this year.

Jonnu is a FA after this season and the Titans have a lot of decisions to make with Smith, Davis, Brown, etc. Jonnu couldn’t block for **** either when he entered the league and Brevin is further along than he was.

can’t say I’m familiar with Jonu outside of the last two seasons but he is dynamic in the passing game. I’d be curious what his 40yd is compared to Brevin.

Davis went from likely not being resigned to asking for top money with his great year this year. Not sure they pay him though. Brown is still under his rookie contract so not worried about him right now.

Advertisement
Brevin may be the 4th or 5th TE taken.

Draft services I have seen:

1.Pitts
2.)Friermuth
3.)Hunter Long
4.)Kenny Yeboah
5.)Brevin

With his injury history, and talent at TE in this draft, I think end of 3rd early 4th round.

yep. This is where I’m at. 3rd-4th round.

The below tweet is why you go if you’re Brevin, and frankly why you’re an ******* if you have a hint of disappointment in the kid’s decision. It is 100.0% the correct one FOR HIM. This is just 1 dude, doesn’t mean everything, but there are humans on Earth who think Brevin is an elite draft prospect. Doesn’t mean everyone does, doesn’t mean he’ll get drafted higher than Pitts. But there are 32 teams. It only takes 1.

Advertisement
Brevin Jordan will likely be the top 3 te in the draft. If you disagree tell me 3 others that will be better or test better. Other than Kyle Pitts there isnt much more.

Some teams won't rate him that high because not all teams use his brand of TE. I think HighSeas outlines a good group of teams that would likely value him (possibly) as high as Top 3, but who knows if they do and where they want to draft him. He's not a TE for every team, but I think he's a good football player that will earn checks for a while. You do bring up a good point though...it seems like a light year at the position and tbf, I don't see a lot of guys that play Jordan's brand of football that are as good as Brevin is. So, if you're looking for a TE you can line up all over outside of R1...he's up there on the list.

I think I'm comfortable saying he's like a 3rd round pick. Players of his type usually go before Pick 100 (example: Jonnu Smith was Pick 100 on the nose) But if you tell me he goes somewhere in Round 2 or all of the way in Round 5, I think those are all possible outcomes. If he tests really well and has a clean bill of health...we'll see. If he doesn't...well...

...its a light year when you're top TEs are getting Darren Waller and Jonnu Smith comps.

Brevin Jordan will likely be the top 3 te in the draft. If you disagree tell me 3 others that will be better or test better. Other than Kyle Pitts there isnt much more.
Yeah, he will probably go top 3 for sure. I would take Friermuth and Long before Jordan.

Should go 3-4, he was in a tricky spot with the injury history. It’s a decent knock against his stock this year but I get him not wanting to chance it further and take what he can get now even if his potential was higher. Of note the Combine is likely getting canceled now.

Should go 3-4, he was in a tricky spot with the injury history. It’s a decent knock against his stock this year but I get him not wanting to chance it further and take what he can get now even if his potential was higher. Of note the Combine is likely getting canceled now.

That is big.... I am assuming still have prodays on campus but sucks for some kids at smaller schools that kill the combine and work them selves into a draft pick. Only so many scouts can travel to so many schools...

Advertisement

What I said earlier in the thread. Right now, his agents can probably convince people he had "injury concerns" in college.

Come back next year and get hurt again, now there's a huge red flag next to your name that says "Injury prone". Too much to risk and he can absolutely go Day 2. No brainer to bounce.

A lot of people forget that he is also a good blocker. Not many of these TE's can go inline and block like him.

It didn't make sense for him to stay. Under normal circumstances, maybe he could have improved his stock by returning. (I would have liked to see him make more contested catches.) But there's still uncertainty regarding what next year will look like. What if the season gets partially scrapped next year and he only has 1/2 season to display his skills? I wouldn't want to deal with that, not when I can bolt to the NFL and get paid.

Advertisement
Players like Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett...or even someone like Virgil Green are really good f'n athletes. Not only on the field, but good testers, too. And while I'd say those comparisons are actually compliments for Brevin (I think pro version of Jonnu is used a lot in ways that I think Brevin Jordan wins here), I think he's got to have a good offseason. Players of his ilk that are poor testers have also gotten drafted in R2-R3 (like two guys you mentioned Irv Smith and Devin Asiasi), but being injured, he really should be aiming to ace the process. He's got a pretty wide range of draft outcomes right now, IMO. I do think the teams you listed will like him quite a bit provided there are no wild red flags we don't know about.
Irv Smith had better film and none of the durability issues. Sure he's not explosive and that shows on tape but he can create separation with his suddenness and he has ball skills. Jordan hasn't shown either of those traits. I don't see him going 2nd round like Smith did.

Some teams won't rate him that high because not all teams use his brand of TE. I think HighSeas outlines a good group of teams that would likely value him (possibly) as high as Top 3, but who knows if they do and where they want to draft him. He's not a TE for every team, but I think he's a good football player that will earn checks for a while. You do bring up a good point though...it seems like a light year at the position and tbf, I don't see a lot of guys that play Jordan's brand of football that are as good as Brevin is. So, if you're looking for a TE you can line up all over outside of R1...he's up there on the list.

I think I'm comfortable saying he's like a 3rd round pick. Players of his type usually go before Pick 100 (example: Jonnu Smith was Pick 100 on the nose) But if you tell me he goes somewhere in Round 2 or all of the way in Round 5, I think those are all possible outcomes. If he tests really well and has a clean bill of health...we'll see. If he doesn't...well...

...its a light year when you're top TEs are getting Darren Waller and Jonnu Smith comps.
Yeah we have to keep in mind that JAG blocking TEs like Drew Sample get taken in the 2nd round all the time. Teams draft for fit so Jordan can be a top 2-3 talent at the position and still fall out of the top 4-5 at the position.

Last edited:
can’t say I’m familiar with Jonu outside of the last two seasons but he is dynamic in the passing game. I’d be curious what his 40yd is compared to Brevin.

Davis went from likely not being resigned to asking for top money with his great year this year. Not sure they pay him though. Brown is still under his rookie contract so not worried about him right now.
Jayon Brown not AJ...

Brevin may be the 4th or 5th TE taken.

Draft services I have seen:

1.Pitts
2.)Friermuth
3.)Hunter Long
4.)Kenny Yeboah
5.)Brevin

With his injury history, and talent at TE in this draft, I think end of 3rd early 4th round.
Yea if its by preferenct...but Hunter Long and the other 2 arent better than Brevin..and you are completely forgetting the UM bump he will receive for being a um te...and all he needs to do is run under a 4.75 which i think he can do easily. Brevin aint making it out the 3rd in my opinion..and its likely why he declared

Advertisement
Back