NFL Draft Brevin Jordan in 2021 NFL Draft

Irv Smith had better film and none of the durability issues. Sure he's not explosive and that shows on tape but he can create separation with his suddenness and he has ball skills. Jordan hasn't shown either of those traits. I don't see him going 2nd round like Smith did.

Yeah we have to keep in mind that JAG blocking TEs like Drew Sample get taken in the 2nd round all the time. Teams draft for fit so Jordan can be a top 2-3 talent at the position and still fall out of the top 4-5 at the position.
Hes a better player than Irv Smith. Brevin Jordan has yac ability than Irv Smith stiff *** doesnt have as well as route running ability. Some usage as a possible hback type as well.

Advertisement
Hes a better player than Irv Smith. Brevin Jordan has yac ability than Irv Smith stiff *** doesnt have as well as route running ability. Some usage as a possible hback type as well.
Not even close. Irv is an excellent blocker and that matters. He runs intermediate routes and creates separation. And he wins the ball in the air. Those are 3 things Jordan has struggled with. Skills and technique matter.

Irv #20 graded TE on PFF as a young 22 year old 2nd year player. 4.2 YAC/R same as Kelce in 2019. 44-710-7 as a 20 year old Junior at Bama. You're way off.

It'll be interesting to see how Brevin tests. The medical exam will also be important (but we won't know the result).

IMO he's a 2nd/3rd round TE without the health questions, but given his relatively smaller size and health questions, I'd think that drops him 1-2 rounds ... but workout could elevate.

Thought he would have really benefitted from a return. Bunch of question marks he could have answered with a big senior season. But, if he gets himself into the 3rd round, it's probably a good decision for him. If he drops to 4th or 5th, he lost $. Therein lies the gamble. I'll appreciate the TD versus FSU.

Yea if its by preferenct...but Hunter Long and the other 2 arent better than Brevin..and you are completely forgetting the UM bump he will receive for being a um te...and all he needs to do is run under a 4.75 which i think he can do easily. Brevin aint making it out the 3rd in my opinion..and its likely why he declared
Njoku and Herdon (left early) are hurting the brand. Hopefully Jordan gets UM TE-U brand back on point.

Advertisement
I was gonna accuse you of plagiarism but I searched Jonnu on here and you made the comp first so props for that. I guess I missed the thread when you did it.

To me this is another case of a Cane getting bad intel and representation for a draft decision. Brevin is an undersized TE who can't be trusted to block and makes most of his impact on throws at or near the line of scrimmage where he can run after catch.

There's a very narrow list of 12 personnel teams that can make use of that type of player, and most of them already have the position addressed.

Arizona - Dan Arnold. maybe
Baltimore - Andrews
Cleveland - Harrison Bryant & Njoku
Green Bay - Tonyan
Indianapolis - Burton. maybe if BPA
LAR - Everett and/or Brycen Hopkins
Miami - Gesicki
Minnesota - Irv Smith
NE - drafted 2 last year
Philadelphia - doesn't seem like their fit, but opening is there
SF - Kittle

I don't see the value or need that would drive him up boards. He's likely gonna slide on draft day to a team that views him as insurance (SF) or long-term replacement to develop (Indy). His best hope is if one of these teams with a HC opening hires a coach who has a role in mind for him. Jacksonville has the biggest need but if they hire Meyer I doubt they will view Brevin as a scheme fit.

Good luck to the young man.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but if Meyer uses him how he did Hernandez he will do quite well.

Not even close. Irv is an excellent blocker and that matters. He runs intermediate routes and creates separation. And he wins the ball in the air. Those are 3 things Jordan has struggled with. Skills and technique matter.

Irv #20 graded TE on PFF as a young 22 year old 2nd year player. 4.2 YAC/R same as Kelce in 2019. 44-710-7 as a 20 year old Junior at Bama. You're way off.
Way off on what?. Brevin Jordan has more wiggle and Yac ability than Irv Smith coming into this draft. Brevin Jordan has 7tds this year as well at the same age..what am i missing?. To be honest there almost comparable as prospects coming out. Brevin had better stats due to starting right away. He likely blocks better...but Brevin is "WILLING" as a blocker...I think Brevin routes are slightly crisper. Brevin Jordan has likely been our best pass catcherr the last 2 seasons and focal point of defenses. Irv Smith highlights at Bama are filled with him catching tds without a defender within 4 yards of him. But i'd like the Smith projection for Brevin..Smith is playing solidly in the league and trending up.

Njoku and Herdon (left early) are hurting the brand. Hopefully Jordan gets UM TE-U brand back on point.
How are they hurting the "brand"?. Herndon played for the Jets in a terrible offense, and took a step back..he looked real good as a rookie with darnold.. Njoku is misused in Cleveland though his hands are questionable. Both guys will play in the league for a good amount of time. Also we still have Jimmy Graham catching a high amount of tds this year.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/12/29/cleveland-browns-usage-david-njoku-unacceptable/

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he can stay healthy, he'll tear up the NFL. Big If though. Hope the best for him, he gave us some great moments.

Brevin is Tight End 2 for me. The only reason why is cause Pat Freiermuth (Penn State) had a season-ending injury that needed surgery.

How are they hurting the "brand"?. Herndon played for the Jets in a terrible offense, and took a step back..he looked real good as a rookie with darnold.. Njoku is misused in Cleveland though his hands are questionable. Both guys will play in the league for a good amount of time. Also we still have Jimmy Graham catching a high amount of tds this year.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/12/29/cleveland-browns-usage-david-njoku-unacceptable/
Both have TERRIBLE stats this year. Njoku is 3rd string and Herndon is best known for his DUI.

Doesn't mean they won't turn it around but currently both are busts.

Advertisement
Yea if its by preferenct...but Hunter Long and the other 2 arent better than Brevin..and you are completely forgetting the UM bump he will receive for being a um te...and all he needs to do is run under a 4.75 which i think he can do easily. Brevin aint making it out the 3rd in my opinion..and its likely why he declared
My guess he goes in the 2nd round, agree he gets a bump because UM has had a good track record with TE's and this kid has been really good.

Both have TERRIBLE stats this year. Njoku is 3rd string and Herndon is best known for his DUI.

Doesn't mean they won't turn it around but currently both are busts.
If you look at stats yes. But honestly NJoku has actually became the blocking te in cleveland and done good with it. Keep in mind thats his weakness...No one on the jets offense looks good..but Herndon regressed this year. Not sure he can be a "bust" as he was a 4th round pick and been somewhat productive

Both i guarantee would be productive in change of scenery

Last edited:
I'm higher on Jordan than any of our TEs since Jimmy Graham. The injuries are the obvious concern, but his game translates.

The key to playing TE in the NFL is short-area quicks. You need to uncover fast and navigate traffic. Jordan ran a verified 4.21 shuttle in high school at 250 pounds. That's freakish. He grew up playing RB and kept that quickness, balance and instincts. He led all TEs in YAC for a reason.

He's tough, competitive, shows flashes as blocker (thick lower-body, good flexibility) and is a hands catcher. A good team will be able to use him all over the field.

Advertisement
I'm higher on Jordan than any of our TEs since Jimmy Graham. The injuries are the obvious concern, but his game translates.

The key to playing TE in the NFL is short-area quicks. You need to uncover fast and navigate traffic. Jordan ran a verified 4.21 shuttle in high school at 250 pounds. That's freakish. He grew up playing RB and kept that quickness, balance and instincts. He led all TEs in YAC for a reason.

He's tough, competitive, shows flashes as blocker (thick lower-body, good flexibility) and is a hands catcher. A good team will be able to use him all over the field.
He would be scary with a team like the Saints. He can do everything Taysom Hill does and is a better receiver. Cook is up there in age too.

I’m guessing he goes in the 3rd or 4th.

He’ll be in the league for a bit. As for most players, the team he goes to will determine how productive he is. He’s not the freak that will dominate wherever he goes, but he’ll be solid.

Advertisement
Back