Breakdown From UAB fan

Advertisement
I'm hesitant to even write this based on our recent history of losing to teams we should obliterate, but...

UAB is likely in for a wake up call in two days. We're more likely to win by 40 than to win in a defensive struggle.

Those lofty defensive rankings UAB fans are touting from last season were a mirage created almost entirely by the fact that they may have played the weakest schedule in the entire country in terms of their opponents' offensive prowess.

Here's a look at who they played:
(opponent - total offensive ranking)

Alabama St. - 100th in the FCS, won 24-19
Akron - 130, won 31-20
S. Alabama - 113, won 35-3
WKU - 84, lost 13-20
Rice - 125, won 35-20
UTSA - 107, won 33-14
ODU - 128, won 38-14
Tenn - 100, lost by 3 TDs
So. Miss - 63, lost by 5 TDs
UTEP - 116, won 37-10
La. Tech - 35, won 20-14
N. Texas - 54, won 26-21
FAU - 23, lost by 6 TDs!
App St. - 39, lost by 2 TDs

The only opponent with any semblance of offensive firepower that they didn't lose to was La. Tech.

We should thrash UAB. If we don't win by at least 3 TDs I don't want to hear it's because they have a stout defense and/or they're likely one of the better G5 teams. They're not. It's horse****. We don't win by 30? Fly the ******* banners!
They score more against LA tech than us

They score more against LA tech than us
SIOecIDH.jpg

Advertisement
I'm hesitant to even write this based on our recent history of losing to teams we should obliterate, but...

UAB is likely in for a wake up call in two days. We're more likely to win by 40 than to win in a defensive struggle.

Those lofty defensive rankings UAB fans are touting from last season were a mirage created almost entirely by the fact that they may have played the weakest schedule in the entire country in terms of their opponents' offensive prowess.

Akron - 130, won 31-20
WKU - 84, lost 13-20
Rice - 125, won 35-20
UTSA - 107, won 33-14
ODU - 128, won 38-14
UTEP - 116, won 37-10
La. Tech - 35, won 20-14
N. Texas - 54, won 26-21
FAU - 23, lost by 6 TDs!

The only opponent with any semblance of offensive firepower that they didn't lose to was La. Tech.

We should thrash UAB. If we don't win by at least 3 TDs I don't want to hear it's because they have a stout defense and/or they're likely one of the better G5 teams. They're not. It's horse****. We don't win by 30? Fly the ******* banners!
****. And people say our defense was propped up by weak opponents. It kind of looks like an Al Golden at Temple situation.

UAB is doing nicely for themselves. If we don't sleepwalk we'll win handily. If the SMU or CMU version shows up it's anyone's guess. They have a good team for their level.

I don't think King lets us come out flat like Williams would.

Advertisement
Did anyone go back and read any of the first 6 pages on the UAB page from the link? They talk about our fan base disrespecting their team, the way some of them act, you'd think they are just two years removed from their last national title.

While Clark is a great coach and elite defensive mind, we are more talented than them at every position across the board. As long as our coaches dont come out and defecate in their khakis we should win this game easily. Lashlee will have their defense sucking wind and looking over at the sidelines for help. Their only advantage is getting the rust off in a real game. They had some serious hiccups that will probably be cleaned up for game 2 on their end.

Advertisement
Well... they see our pitiful losses to FIU and Louisiana Tech and mighty struggle against Cent. Michigan from last year and they figure there is a chance. But after that review my first thought was ****, how did we go 6-7 last year again?

Advertisement
I admit that I have tears of joy just reading this:

"They are switching to Rhett Lashlee’s offense system. Not only did they bring him in as the new OC, they brought in several assistant coaches on the offensive side of the ball with experience in his system. So what is his system? Take the Mike Leach Air Raid passing game. Sprinkle in the RPO and read option game, add a H-back that will go in motion and line up all over the field. Throw in a hyper-mobile QB, then run it at an extremely fast pace so that you can keep the defense on its heels and unable to substitute. The witches brew that results has the potential to be the most explosive offense that I can remember a UAB team matching up against. "

Akron - 130, won 31-20
WKU - 84, lost 13-20
Rice - 125, won 35-20
UTSA - 107, won 33-14
ODU - 128, won 38-14
UTEP - 116, won 37-10
La. Tech - 35, won 20-14
N. Texas - 54, won 26-21
FAU - 23, lost by 6 TDs!

After adjusting for opponent, the S&P+ has them as the 29th best defense in the country.

Phil Steele has their DL 50th, their LB 12, and their DBs 26th overall in the country. And that’s just based on pure quality.

Their defense is fairly legit, regardless of the level of competition they played.

Last edited:
After adjusting for opponent, the S&P+ has them as the 29th best defense in the country.

Phil Steele has their DL 50th, their LB 12, and their DBs 26th overall in the country. And that’s just based on pure quality.

Their defense is fairly legit, regardless of the level of competition they played.
S&P is nerd bull****. They lost by 6 touchdowns to FAU. If we don't win by at least 30 we don't deserve to call ourselves a power program. I expect to see us do to them what BYU did to Navy last night. No compromise. IDGAF!

Last edited:
To the people saying fly the banners, should we really fly them? Even if that works and coach gets the boot nothing with change. We have an AD who would promote Baker within 30 minutes of firing Diaz.

Advertisement
Back