Breakdown From UAB fan

Most pass plays, their corners were clinging to the receivers pretty tight. Good coverage even when central Arkansas completed a pass. Safeties got beat deep a couple of times. This game will be tougher than most of you guys think. And based off of last year, we have no reason what so ever to be over confident against any team.

It won't be a tough game and you are a huge ****** for thinking last season has any bearing on this season. You know how many times the Miami Hurricanes have improved by at least 4 games from one season to the next in their storied history? 8. And no reason to be confident? You must have missed the part where one of the best dual threat QBs in the country transferred to Miami and we got one of the best OCs in the nation as well.

Advertisement
Hard to hate UAB: their program was put on hiatus for a number of years just because they share the same state college system with the most irrational & delusional fan base in the country, one whose zealotry towards their own iconic program knows no bounds.

If there is an enemy of all that is good and pure in college football, it lies about 50 miles west of UAB.

UAB had to shutter the program because of Penn State?

It won't be a tough game and you are a huge ****** for thinking last season has any bearing on this season. You know how many times the Miami Hurricanes have improved by at least 4 games from one season to the next in their storied history? 8. And no reason to be confident? You must have missed the part where one of the best dual threat QBs in the country transferred to Miami and we got one of the best OCs in the nation as well.
In fairness, you need to look at the number of times we had to improve by 4 wins relative to the total number we actually accomplished the feat.

I honestly don't think all of the things on the surface make anywhere near as much difference as the mentality of the team. Last year's team were losers. Many of the losses were secured before we took the field. What happens when this team gets punched in the mouth?

Most pass plays, their corners were clinging to the receivers pretty tight. Good coverage even when central Arkansas completed a pass. Safeties got beat deep a couple of times. This game will be tougher than most of you guys think. And based off of last year, we have no reason what so ever to be over confident against any team.
They don’t have a corner who can run with Harley, Wiggins or pope but they are coached very well. Wait til you see pope get open Thursday you’re going to swear he’s someone else..

Advertisement
Solid take but I don’t see how they think they’re scoring 17 points. Unless it’s something like 48-10 in the 4th quarter and a they get a garbage touchdown against the reserves on defense.
I’m still of the opinion that Miami’s offense comes out a bit rusty but they put it away in the second half
Miami: 38
Alabama (Birmingham):10

I’m surprised no one from their board has come over here to tell us how we’re sleeping on their team. It happens every year against an early season cupcake. FAU did it a few years ago, App State had like 4 guys here talking trash. Any minute now “BlazerBob76” is going to start a thread here.

Advertisement
I don’t hate UAB; the program was defunct & Bill Clarke and his staff, along w their AD put in mad work to become the beast of CUSA. ****; I think they are either getting a new stadium or major renno to their current stadium. I respect them & what they’ve done in such a short time.

With that being said; come Thursday, F them & this conference. F’ing 0-2 against CUSA last season???? F that! I want blood, and my pound of flesh! We smoke these chumps; and it we don’t............have mercy on this program. (But we should win going away to the point the pups come in and have some fun feasting by the 4th qtr as well)

If they play a lot of tight man coverage, their linebackers better be ready to be chasing King all the way down the field. With our offense spreading out the defense, there will be a LOT of room for King to run if the secondary is locked into tight man-to-man.

King is going to force them to play zone because they don’t have a linebacker nearly athletic enough to spy him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We Want BAMA (Birmingham)!

Go Canes
1599574451966.png
This bama wants you

I'm hesitant to even write this based on our recent history of losing to teams we should obliterate, but...

UAB is likely in for a wake up call in two days. We're more likely to win by 40 than to win in a defensive struggle.

Those lofty defensive rankings UAB fans are touting from last season were a mirage created almost entirely by the fact that they may have played the weakest schedule in the entire country in terms of their opponents' offensive prowess.

Here's a look at who they played:
(opponent - total offensive ranking)

Alabama St. - 100th in the FCS, won 24-19
Akron - 130, won 31-20
S. Alabama - 113, won 35-3
WKU - 84, lost 13-20
Rice - 125, won 35-20
UTSA - 107, won 33-14
ODU - 128, won 38-14
Tenn - 100, lost by 3 TDs
So. Miss - 63, lost by 5 TDs
UTEP - 116, won 37-10
La. Tech - 35, won 20-14
N. Texas - 54, won 26-21
FAU - 23, lost by 6 TDs!
App St. - 39, lost by 2 TDs

The only opponent with any semblance of offensive firepower that they didn't lose to was La. Tech.

We should thrash UAB. If we don't win by at least 3 TDs I don't want to hear it's because they have a stout defense and/or they're likely one of the better G5 teams. They're not. It's horse****. We don't win by 30? Fly the ******* banners!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back