Brayden Lenius shows off athleticism

Remember that time Randy got shut out of elite south Florida kids and went across the country for questionable alternatives? Deja vu

Except for we didn't get shut out for elite south florida so... Not sure what your point is! SMH

Which elite WR did Al reel in? Which elite DT is he reeling in? Guy is a complete fraud just like our old coach was. Guys who can't coach lose recruiting momentum after a few seasons. We aren't winning a national title by picking up 3 star kids from thousands of miles away.

Ken Dorsey says **** you ******.

Advertisement
People are ripping Lenius because they're upset with Golden. Separate the two. This guy is gifted.

I don't care what the local schools think of him. The first round is littered with guys who were ignored by the hometown teams. The local schools slept on Juwon Young and Brad Kaaya, too. I'm happy to have them.

The magic of HUDL means that we have access to the same information as the coaches. What don't you guys like on his tape? I see a huge guy who high-points the ball effortlessly and runs well. He is making plays against elite competition. Anybody comparing him to Tallman and Adderley never watched those guys.

And get WR out of your head. This guy and Njoku are tight ends at Miami. That is a position of need and either of those two guys would help us.

Advertisement
But when a South FLA kid isn't offered by the Big-3 we question his ability.

Funny how that works.

Starting a highlight video with a foul shot? Competition level is beat. Not real impressed with explosion but I like the body type and coordination.

People are ripping Lenius because they're upset with Golden. Separate the two. This guy is gifted.

I don't care what the local schools think of him. The first round is littered with guys who were ignored by the hometown teams. The local schools slept on Juwon Young and Brad Kaaya, too. I'm happy to have them.

The magic of HUDL means that we have access to the same information as the coaches. What don't you guys like on his tape? I see a huge guy who high-points the ball effortlessly and runs well. He is making plays against elite competition. Anybody comparing him to Tallman and Adderley never watched those guys.

And get WR out of your head. This guy and Njoku are tight ends at Miami. That is a position of need and either of those two guys would help us.

You elaborated nicely on what I tried to say humorously earlier. From now on, nothing Golden can do that would please the crowd. From someone who "has eye for talent" and "good talent evaluator who gave us Young and Fig and Kaaya.....etc" to "he is giving us NJ kids, sleepers and projects". No objectivity whatsoever.

Advertisement
Antrel Rolle had trouble getting up when I played with him. Yeah, he's only 6'0 but it doesn't mean anything about how you play football.

Maybe true but most football players can dunk with ease, even linemen.

If you're 6'5" and can't dunk then you're most likely not explosive enough for major football.

Remember that time Randy got shut out of elite south Florida kids and went across the country for questionable alternatives? Deja vu

Pffft. Asante Cleveland and Kelvin Cain were very productive here.

345.jpg

Golden gets Cali kid with no offers from surrounding colleges = great find

Golden ignores local star that doesn't have offers from Big-3 = kid isn't good enough for Miami

Advertisement
Any chance this guy is a Tyler Eifert, Coby Fleener WR/TE combo for us depending on the personnel groupings on the field. I could live with that. I remember Chuck Martin who was ND's O-Coordinator until this year (just named HC at Miami Ohio) at their coaching clinic two years ago talking about Eifert. Said coaches over think football sometimes. He had a backyard philosophy with Eifert "he's the biggest guy out their, lob it up to him". Eifert caught 50 balls for 853 yards and 4 TDs the following 2012 season.

People have lost all objectivity here.

Antrel Rolle had trouble getting up when I played with him. Yeah, he's only 6'0 but it doesn't mean anything about how you play football.

Maybe true but most football players can dunk with ease, even linemen.

If you're 6'5" and can't dunk then you're most likely not explosive enough for major football.

Trell got unbelievable heart and has become a truly great player in the NFL, unfortunately Phillips got injured.

Advertisement
Can't it both? They found a good prospect out west while at the same time screwed up locally (Dowels, Battle, etc)?

But when a South FLA kid isn't offered by the Big-3 we question his ability.

Funny how that works.

Exactly. You can say "take away the fact that USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Warshington, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, etc. didn't offer him," but why would you take that away? It's pretty significant that all those professionals from some very good programs run by very competent HCs didn't see fit to offer him.

I'll stick with my opinion that I'd rather have McKenzie than either of these guys. They both might be nice prospects, but McKenzie's an instant TD maker.

Advertisement
Back