Braxton Berrios could have a break out year

Berrios bleeds orange and green, works hard, and should be respected as a Cane. But he's just not talented enough to be a star by Miami standards. Not every player on an 85-man roster will be. He contributes as much as he can.

Advertisement
The guy who blames Kaaya for losing to FSU praises Berrios. I'll never forgive him for that TD drop in 2015. No doubt we win if he catches it

Lol no doubt we win?? There shouldnt have been any doubt we were already going to win after being up 23-7... come to think of it the same exact thing happened last year against a 1st time starter at QB....

The Deja vu track record is on Kaaya, not a receiver who dropped the ball one time as a freshman. How many times did Kaaya have the ball after that play??

Yeah no doubt we win. FSU scored 29 points. That would have put us at 30. You also keep bringing up Kaaya not driving down the field at the end of the game which takes the whole team. Berrios catching that ball is a one man job.

Kaaya had the ball an entire 2nd half and couldnt score another TD but thats on Berrios and that one play in the 2nd quarter?? I dont get it man lets be logical

You can blame your boy Golden for trying to run the clock out the whole second half. I know you love Golden since you put the blame solely on the QB who put up good numbers in those games and got us the lead in the first place

3 years of evidence suggests otherwise.......

His lack of production at WR before now was primarily bc of poor qb play. You all most have forgot the previous examples of players having a break out season their last year at UM..... Darnell Jenkins Leonard Hankerson Tommy Streeter, I can see Berrios doing the same thing.

The same QB that was throwing to Ahmmon Richards, right? The same Ahmmon Richards that put up enough stats to break the all-time Freshman receiving record?

Same QB?
I had to stop. I almost got caught up in this weak troll my man.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

I bet if Kaaya would have came back he would be the starter. All year as well and we would have had a better season for it.

I bet if Kaaya would have came back he would be the starter. All year as well and we would have had a better season for it.

Obvious we would've underachieved again if Kaaya came back... Coach Richt wouldve benched him before he let that happen again though.

Advertisement

His lack of production at WR before now was primarily bc of poor qb play. You all most have forgot the previous examples of players having a break out season their last year at UM..... Darnell Jenkins Leonard Hankerson Tommy Streeter, I can see Berrios doing the same thing.

The same QB that was throwing to Ahmmon Richards, right? The same Ahmmon Richards that put up enough stats to break the all-time Freshman receiving record?

Same QB?

yes Kaaya the same average at best qb that missed more big play opportunities than he made. That was only drafted out of mercy who was terrible throwing to Berrios his entire career until the WV game.

Also Berrios is the 3rd option at wr i expect 3rd option production not 1a or 1b production and Im not saying Berrios is some beast im just saying he'll have a better season bc he'll have a better qb.

So he was terrible throwing to Berrios but he was good enough to help Ahmmon Richards break the Freshman receiving record?

LOL

Last edited:
It is so interesting that Berrios is such a lightning rod on these boards. The guy has the skill set and has always played a lot because he knows his plays and stays out of trouble. People want to crown Jeff Thomas but wouldn't you rather have a guy like Berrios there all year teach and pushing this potential star all year? If Jeff Thomas is playing over Berrios then You know the kid earned it. We do not need another Stacy Coley who won the job by default.

Berrios bleeds orange and green, works hard, and should be respected as a Cane. But he's just not talented enough to be a star by Miami standards. Not every player on an 85-man roster will be. He contributes as much as he can.

I think most of us have nothing against BB, we just want the best players on the field that give us the best chance to win. It's not personal for me, but that doesn't mean he should be getting burn over more talented players.

I think most of us have nothing against BB, we just want the best players on the field that give us the best chance to win. It's not personal for me, but that doesn't mean he should be getting burn over more talented players.

People are assuming that more talented kids who have never played a down in College are better than an upperclassman playing for his future.
It may be the case, we saw Richards come in and take the world by storm but it may not be the case this year with any of the new guys. Berrios could be better than them all (or at least be more effective). We just have to see how things play out.

Advertisement
I like BB and think his biggest contribution will be as a mentor to our young WR. I think he will give us solid production when the attention is drawn to the bigger threats and he is matched w second tier DBs. If he is more productive than that, it will be a big bonus. I do feel his best chance at being more productive will be returning to the slot

People are assuming that more talented kids who have never played a down in College are better than an upperclassman playing for his future.
It may be the case, we saw Richards come in and take the world by storm but it may not be the case this year with any of the new guys. Berrios could be better than them all (or at least be more effective). We just have to see how things play out.

Agree with both of you. Berrios has experience and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He can be a good player in the right role. The incoming receivers may have more playmaking talent but need to learn the playbook and show they can not only make plays but not make critical mistakes. Minimizing mistakes will be critical if N'Kosi Perry is starting.

I 100% agree Berrios will have a breakout year. I think he is going to break the NCAA record for most fair catches in a season. I am excited to witness this feat!

Same QB?

yes Kaaya the same average at best qb that missed more big play opportunities than he made. That was only drafted out of mercy who was terrible throwing to Berrios his entire career until the WV game.

Also Berrios is the 3rd option at wr i expect 3rd option production not 1a or 1b production and Im not saying Berrios is some beast im just saying he'll have a better season bc he'll have a better qb.

So he was terrible throwing to Berrios but he was good enough to help Ahmmon Richards break the Freshman receiving record?

LOL

What point are you trying to make ?? Berrios was the 3rd or 4th option including the TE. His numbers are automatically going to be low and much lower than Ahmmon Richards.

Kaaya was the one throwing the ball and most of the times he was out of sync when he did throw it to him resulting in incompletions or not allowing to make plays after the catch. If you watched the games that was easy to see

Last edited:
Advertisement

Same QB?

LOL

What point are you trying to make ?? Berrios was the 3rd or 4th option including the TE. His numbers are automatically going to be low and much lower than Ahmmon Richards.

Kaaya was the one throwing the ball and most of the times he was out of sync when he did throw it to him resulting in incompletions or not allowing to make plays after the catch. If you watched the games that was easy to see

Kaaya saved all his bad throws for Berrios guys. It's all Kaaya's fault that Berrios fell to the 3rd WR on the board behind a freshmen

Nobody here has a problem with Berrios. It's the troll that blames his low numbers on Kaaya when that didn't hurt Njoku, Coley, Ahmond, Clive Walford, Dorsett, rashawn Scott, and I might be missing a few more.

The guy has averaged 1 catch per game his career despite getting tons of playing time. Before the bowl game last year he had 8 catches in 12 games. Even after the bowl game, his final numbers were 13 games, 12 catches.

Nobody here hates the guy, we're just tired of the undeserved hype. Every year is going to be his "breakout" season. He lost his #2 WR job to a freshman last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get passed by another freshman or two this year.

Advertisement
The guy has averaged 1 catch per game his career despite getting tons of playing time. Before the bowl game last year he had 8 catches in 12 games. Even after the bowl game, his final numbers were 13 games, 12 catches.

Nobody here hates the guy, we're just tired of the undeserved hype. Every year is going to be his "breakout" season. He lost his #2 WR job to a freshman last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get passed by another freshman or two this year.

That freshman is an all American.

Just sayin.

That freshman is an all American.

Just sayin.

Yes, and he became and All American because Richt proved he was willing to give reps to freshmen who outperform upperclassmen.

Nobody here has a problem with Berrios. It's the troll that blames his low numbers on Kaaya when that didn't hurt Njoku, Coley, Ahmond, Clive Walford, Dorsett, rashawn Scott, and I might be missing a few more.

Kaayas inability to extend drives and make accurate throws comsistently negatively effected all those receivers you mentioned

The only reason he may put up better numbers is because he will be playing the slot. The only reason he could potentially house a punt or two is the increased talent on special teams that could maybe, MAYBE create more lanes for him to run through.

I wouldn't say he'll have a breakout season, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has his best season.

Advertisement
Back