Braxton Berrios could have a break out year

I think he will have a good season on both offense and special teams. This is his final year and he is going to leave it all on the field and play his best.
If the staff believes in him so do I.

Advertisement
He won't have 3 punt return tds because he can't get past the punter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off..I like Berrios..great hands..good route runner..tough as nails....but can someone please educate me how QB play could possibly have any effect on punt return production??? Thank you

You need to ask Franchise.

He's been to court and everything in Tuscany. He'll know.

Lmao!!...oh he's got answers alright...some may be more outta line than a fat lady at an all you can eat buffet,... But he's got answers!!!

Should be interesting to see how things play out. JThomas is the future Z, but if he gets a hold of the slot, there is no way Berrios could ever beat him out. Ever. Good thing is he knows all of the WR positions so he has value, but he's proven to be ineffective on the outside.

CAREER STATS RECEIVING RUSHING
SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 12 178 14.8 38 2 0 0 0.0 0 0
2015 12 86 7.2 14 0 4 72 18.0 60 0
2014 21 232 11.0 33 3

He's going to be the 4th or 5th option (3rd at best). If he doubles his production, I'd be happy, but I wouldn't consider it a breakout season.

3 years of evidence suggests otherwise.......

His lack of production at WR before now was primarily bc of poor qb play. You all most have forgot the previous examples of players having a break out season their last year at UM..... Darnell Jenkins Leonard Hankerson Tommy Streeter, I can see Berrios doing the same thing.

The same QB that was throwing to Ahmmon Richards, right? The same Ahmmon Richards that put up enough stats to break the all-time Freshman receiving record?

Same QB?

yes Kaaya the same average at best qb that missed more big play opportunities than he made. That was only drafted out of mercy who was terrible throwing to Berrios his entire career until the WV game.

Also Berrios is the 3rd option at wr i expect 3rd option production not 1a or 1b production and Im not saying Berrios is some beast im just saying he'll have a better season bc he'll have a better qb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This isnt a Berrios hype thread im saying he is going to have his best season this year bc he'll have a qb that knows how to throw accurately consistently enough to take advantage of his route running and ability to separate in space.

Advertisement
This isnt a Berrios hype thread im saying he is going to have his best season this year bc he'll have a qb that knows how to throw accurately consistently enough to take advantage of his route running and ability to separate in space.

And who is this starting QB going to be?

Any of y'all remember, 2014 when he dropped the TD vs FSU right before halftime. It woulda put us up 30-10 going into half.

He also beat that fawking pvssy Ramsey...oh what coulda been.

[video=youtube_share;bt2bbdj8WyQ]https://youtu.be/bt2bbdj8WyQ?t=1h2m45s[/video]

1 hr 3 mins mark. Perfectly thrown ball by Kaayak too. Berrios simply is what he is. He'll be a solid player for us, and maybe give slightly more production than what we got out of Malcolm Lewis last year, but that's about it.

The guy who blames Kaaya for losing to FSU praises Berrios. I'll never forgive him for that TD drop in 2015. No doubt we win if he catches it

We don't know. But he's obviously more accurate than the guy who won the accuracy drills at the combine last year.

Advertisement

We don't know. But he's obviously more accurate than the guy who won the accuracy drills at the combine last year.

We already know its going to be N'Kosi Perry

The guy who blames Kaaya for losing to FSU praises Berrios. I'll never forgive him for that TD drop in 2015. No doubt we win if he catches it

Lol no doubt we win?? There shouldnt have been any doubt we were already going to win after being up 23-7... come to think of it the same exact thing happened last year against a 1st time starter at QB....

The Deja vu track record is on Kaaya, not a receiver who dropped the ball one time as a freshman. How many times did Kaaya have the ball after that play??

Last edited:
Regardless of how terrible our coaching staff was, We wouldve at least won the Coastal and beat FSU at least once already, if we had a better QB. #FACTS

Advertisement

Lol no doubt we win?? There shouldnt have been any doubt we were already going to win after being up 23-7... come to think of it the same exact thing happened last year against a 1st time starter at QB....

The Deja vu track record is on Kaaya, not a receiver who dropped the ball one time as a freshman. How many times did Kaaya have the ball after that play??

Yeah no doubt we win. FSU scored 29 points. That would have put us at 30. You also keep bringing up Kaaya not driving down the field at the end of the game which takes the whole team. Berrios catching that ball is a one man job.

Berrios should have his best season, but something more in the 30 catch/400 yd/3 TD range.

Richt is obviously a big fan of Berrios and his dependability, so I think Berrios gets plenty of playing time.

But I expect Thomas to beat out Berrios pretty quickly, and he ends up a possession guy in the slot who makes a big play here and there, but isn't a consistent threat.

Berrios should have his best season, but something more in the 30 catch/400 yd/3 TD range.

Richt is obviously a big fan of Berrios and his dependability, so I think Berrios gets plenty of playing time.

But I expect Thomas to beat out Berrios pretty quickly, and he ends up a possession guy in the slot who makes a big play here and there, but isn't a consistent threat.

Yeah i can see that as most likely scenario.... maybe 2 more TDs if we can extend the season and get to the ACCCG and playoffs

Yeah no doubt we win. FSU scored 29 points. That would have put us at 30. You also keep bringing up Kaaya not driving down the field at the end of the game which takes the whole team. Berrios catching that ball is a one man job.

Kaaya had the ball an entire 2nd half and couldnt score another TD but thats on Berrios and that one play in the 2nd quarter?? I dont get it man lets be logical

Advertisement
Back