Brashard Smith Commits!!!!

A quality SC like Feeley combined with high caliber will have Romello grow like a weed, he may never look like dk metcalf but he'll develop nicely I imagine.
Maybe, but we know what rapid weigh gain did to Zion Nelson. Even if he gains the weight quickly some times it take a little while to get used to carrying the weight. We can be excited about his prospects and temper our expectations about an immediate impact at the same time.

Advertisement
Maybe, but we know what rapid weigh gain did to Zion Nelson. Even if he gains the weight quickly some times it take a little while to get used to carrying the weight. We can be excited about his prospects and temper our expectations about an immediate impact at the same time.
A receiver doesn't need a dramatic weight gain like Zion did, but Romello gaining 15-20 pounds within 9 months (projected EE) in a highly structured environment with Feeley & Bellamy overseeing him will be totally fine and he'll adjust considering he has the 6'3" frame to distribute the weight gain quite easily

A receiver doesn't need a dramatic weight gain like Zion did, but Romello gaining 15-20 pounds within 9 months (projected EE) in a highly structured environment with Feeley & Bellamy overseeing him will be totally fine and he'll adjust considering he has the 6'3" frame to distribute the weight gain quite easily
I'm not saying it's not possible. I'm saying we need to temper expectations. I don't know how much he need to gain. Neither do I know how he can handle it. They all handle it differently.

Idk why you think that. His frame suggests he can get in a college program and be north of 200 pounds fast. He’s nearly 6’3 with a lot of frame to shape. But we’ll see how he transitions
Yea, he has the perfect frame to throw on weight. With his length and broad shoulders, not sure what leads one to believe that he'd max out at 190.

Advertisement
Yea, he has the perfect frame to throw on weight. With his length and broad shoulders, not sure what leads one to believe that he'd max out at 190.

he actually reminds me of myself at that age. I was the same. Long frame and athletic skinny but had broad shoulders. Went from a 175 WR to a 230 LB
11CCA549-0665-424D-979C-E6D7E0C89F37.jpeg
0542345B-4183-4B3C-8046-6F1D467967C5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If Brashard truly grew to 5'11 like rumored, he is by far our best WR.

And I think Mello is very good.

But a 5'11 190lb Brashard would simply be a nightmare day 1.

After watching our offense, I’m even more convinced that Brashard could be an all-ACC type player for us. It fits him extremely well

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Brashard truly grew to 5'11 like rumored, he is by far our best WR.

And I think Mello is very good.

But a 5'11 190lb Brashard would simply be a nightmare day 1.

Was this mentioned in an earlier post or are you the first person breaking this news?

Advertisement
Back