Brandon Powell- RB, Deerfield Beach

I don't follow Tennessee that much. Was Bray that bad? I was just looking at the numbers. The only game I saw them play was against UGA. Which was closer than the scoreboard shows. If Da'Rick Rogers was with them they probably could've won a few more games. They were loaded with Rogers, Patterson, and Hunter.

Bray was your typical million dollar talent, 2 cent brain athlete.

He's the dumb **** that said "they pay me to win games" or something like that in response to a reporter.

Lots of talent just a first class jackass. Pretty symbolic of the entire program actually.

Advertisement
if he doesnt have the ability to contribute this year i wouldnt worry if we miss on him Tim Irvin (might be wr) , Jordan Scarlett , Jordan Cronkite but there is going to be elite talent next year

Powell Committed Tennesse Today. He had a good a camp and the apparently the committed recruits they had on hand where giving him the full court press so he pulled the trigger for Tenn.

I am thinking this was an emotional spur of the moment decision and once he gets back to S. Fla an has time to cool down he will see the light for what it is. But I think he will benefit from a huge boost in his rankings by the recruiting services. Then he can decommit to UM if /when UM offers, remember this is a kid who say education is key to his college choice and nothing about Tenn says education, they are about to be slapped with APR penalty loss of scholarships, that is an institutional problem not just an football program issue.

I have no idea why UM is slow playing this kid, but one thing I will say is that part of this can go back to Alin Eduoard who is supposed to lobbying for these south Florida kids to stay home at UM, and also Alin is supposed to be lobbying Coley for a s. Fla back field that can support him. I know Alin has been lobbying for his high school teammate center to get an offer, but that's a none issue all day, where as everyone saw Powell put on a show at UM's camp and the kid should have offered based on that alone. I mean powell's camp performance probably cost safety Micheal Johnson a UM offer, so heck yeah Powell should be offered he is lighting in a bottle much like WVU RB Noel Devine from a few years back.

Go Canes!

Powell Commits to Tenn and has some interesting words
http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2013/6/16/4436030/tennessee-recruiting-brandon-powell-chooses-vols-over-30-suitors

Powell commits to Tenn
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/recruiting/sfl-deerfield-beach-rb-brandon-powell-commits-to-tennessee-20130616,0,2687231.story

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back