Brandon Powell- RB, Deerfield Beach

Advertisement
Is this guy a viable plan B for Sony or are there other better ones not named Cook?

I'd like to know the board's thoughts on this as well...

Sorry guys, this is a WVU, Texas Tech, Oregon State, Houston caliber type of guy... He's going to require a specific one back spread offense to be effective. Kid is a great High School football player, but I wouldn't put a bunch on his shoulders.

At Miami, he'd be a return guy and maybe a smurf DB at best.

...Also, he's listed at 5'9, but I'd bet the bank he's more like 5'7.

Last edited:
This is another bump for this kid. Tore it up at the camp this weekend.

From Pete:

**Deerfield Beach ATH Brandon Powell was putting on a clinic in one-on-ones. None of the DBs could cover him and his cuts are vicious. Looks like a Miami-caliber slot guy and would be dangerous as a supplement to the other weapons the offense has added over the past few years.

This kid needs to be in this class

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid's a playmaker. If your a Cane's fan and know our history, you KNOW this kid makes an impact. I don't care if it's in the slot, coming around on a reverse or on special teams, this kid screams CANE!

Kid's a playmaker. If your a Cane's fan and know our history, you KNOW this kid makes an impact. I don't care if it's in the slot, coming around on a reverse or on special teams, this kid screams CANE!

This kid is listed at 5'9" 170lbs we know swasey is the merchant of speed so if this kid is a Dec 2013 early enrolle allowing him to go through Utough and then red-shrits for 2014 he would be able to add 20 lbs of muscle in in two years while keeping his speed. Thus making him 5'9" and 190lbs which is the same size as duke johnson. Will Powell be a 25 carry type back **** know but he can give you 15 electric touches a game any one of which can take it the distance.

Go Canes.

Do want. For sure. Not sure we've got room though with Yearby being our dashy kinda guy in this class, and Gresham hopefully bringing the thunder.

Advertisement
Powells cuts and explosion is ridiculous . Reminds me of a football version "utility player".

Put him in slot, rb, pr or KR and watch him ball.

Advertisement
Very impressive. Can't glean anything about his running skills in a camp setting but he is a tremendous route-runner who can extend and catch the ball. Looked good during DB drills, too. He is short but strong.

Very impressive. Can't glean anything about his running skills in a camp setting but he is a tremendous route-runner who can extend and catch the ball. Looked good during DB drills, too. He is short but strong.

Sounds like another noel divine type running back, which UM could use, as a change of pace type back in the UP Tempo phase.

Go Canes

Advertisement
been feeling this kid...could likely be the best rb in Broward....isnt playing behind some beastly ol @ deerfield yet still puts up numbers....

Noel Devine typer yes....probnbably why Coach Rodriguez and Arizona Wildcats are all over him.

Kid has been begging for a UM offer ever since Alin got the offer from way back so he possibly would commit on the spot

Advertisement
Back