Brad Kaaya & Mahalak perform well at Cali elite 11 tryouts

Kaaya is everything you want in a QB recruit. Seems to have a presence about him, all the tools, and a little dog in him...all the intangibles of Morris, but more advanced at the same age.

I think Morris was more athletic and had a stronger arm so in high school he could rest on those great skills. Kaaya to me has to bust his *** just a little more to get every aspect of his game on point which is what you have to love

You're right, he will never have the same arm as Morris...Morris has a freakin' cannon. What I meant was that he throws a good, catchable ball with good velocity that will only get better. He will end up able to make all the throws, I just see him as more polished right now than Morris was when he committed (summer between his junior and senior year).

Advertisement
Kaaya is everything you want in a QB recruit. Seems to have a presence about him, all the tools, and a little dog in him...all the intangibles of Morris, but more advanced at the same age.

I think Morris was more athletic and had a stronger arm so in high school he could rest on those great skills. Kaaya to me has to bust his *** just a little more to get every aspect of his game on point which is what you have to love

You're right, he will never have the same arm as Morris...Morris has a freakin' cannon. What I meant was that he throws a good, catchable ball with good velocity that will only get better. He will end up able to make all the throws, I just see him as more polished right now than Morris was when he committed (summer between his junior and senior year).

I know what you mean, I just meant that because he doesn't have any real "special" traits as a passer he had to work to become as complete as he is now. I love Morris but he needed to really be worked on to get his game down and Kaaya may not need as much help because of how much work he's done already so im excited

Question: Do all these camps/retreats/academys, etc. that these QBs go to cost money? Or are they free special invites? I know Elite 11 is free but invite only. Becuz if these kids are paying for them, ****. Big investements.

It's interesting that a lot of QBs lately come from very privileged backgrounds. Stafford, Barkley, even Stephen Morris. I wonder if part of it is the cost of QB development in this era.

Question: Do all these camps/retreats/academys, etc. that these QBs go to cost money? Or are they free special invites? I know Elite 11 is free but invite only. Becuz if these kids are paying for them, ****. Big investements.

It's interesting that a lot of QBs lately come from very privileged backgrounds. Stafford, Barkley, even Stephen Morris. I wonder if part of it is the cost of QB development in this era.

the answer is both. Some you pay, some are free. and some offer the "big name" a scholarship to go.

Advertisement
Back