Brad Kaaya & Mahalak perform well at Cali elite 11 tryouts

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
http://247sports.com/Article/California-Elite-11-regional-Morgan-Mahalak-leads-the-way-131257

1. Morgan Mahalak, Greenbrae (Calif.) Marin Catholic

The Oregon coaching staff has proven to have a fantastic eye for talent at the quarterback position but on Friday, it didn’t take an expert to recognize that Mahalak was elite. The 6-3, 190-pound Oregon commit was organized and efficient in his delivery and was one of the most comfortable quarterbacks at the event delivering the football outside the pocket. He showed plenty of arm and only got better as the day progressed. In a camp-closing pressure drill with the entire camp looking on, Mahalak had the best performance of the finalists.

2. Brad Kaaya, West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade

There may not have been a more consistent and steady performer at Friday’s event than Kaaya. Committed to Miami, the Hurricanes look like they’re getting a steal out of southern California. Kaaya has a great frame, standing all of 6-4, he was accurate on every level on Firday be it in the quick game, intermediate and vertical routes. Athletically Kaaya showed the ability to compose his feet outside of the pocket and under duress as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Told y'all boys about questioning Mahalak. Kid's a stud and it doesn't take pads to see that.

As for Kaaya, the quote that is confirmed by his tape is this one:

Athletically Kaaya showed the ability to compose his feet outside of the pocket and under duress as well.

http://247sports.com/Article/California-Elite-11-regional-Morgan-Mahalak-leads-the-way-131257

1. Morgan Mahalak, Greenbrae (Calif.) Marin Catholic

The Oregon coaching staff has proven to have a fantastic eye for talent at the quarterback position but on Friday, it didn’t take an expert to recognize that Mahalak was elite. The 6-3, 190-pound Oregon commit was organized and efficient in his delivery and was one of the most comfortable quarterbacks at the event delivering the football outside the pocket. He showed plenty of arm and only got better as the day progressed. In a camp-closing pressure drill with the entire camp looking on, Mahalak had the best performance of the finalists.

2. Brad Kaaya, West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade

There may not have been a more consistent and steady performer at Friday’s event than Kaaya. Committed to Miami, the Hurricanes look like they’re getting a steal out of southern California. Kaaya has a great frame, standing all of 6-4, he was accurate on every level on Firday be it in the quick game, intermediate and vertical routes. Athletically Kaaya showed the ability to compose his feet outside of the pocket and under duress as well.

I think we got a good one in Kaaya, along with Alin.

The young guns
1a. Ricky Town, Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure – Town was as comfortable as anyone at the event on Friday delivering the football in uncommon scenarios. He also showed good zip on the football and good command throughout.

Are we still recruiting him or we cooled on him as well when Fisch was gone?

Advertisement
Keller Chryst, who a lot of people consider the top quarterback in the country, was also there and apparently didn't look great. Wonder if that's who Kaaya was talking about:

Brad Kaaya@TrinidadBrad14h
There are a lot of players that should be ranked higher and too many that should be ranked lower

Keller Chryst, who a lot of people consider the top quarterback in the country, was also there and apparently didn't look great. Wonder if that's who Kaaya was talking about:

There are a lot of players that should be ranked higher and too many that should be ranked lower

Is this the brother of the kid that went to ND recently? I think it is but Im not sure.

Advertisement

Is this the brother of the kid that went to ND recently? I think it is but Im not sure.

No his name was Dayne Crist. Keller is the son of San Francisco QB coach and the nephew of Pitt's head coach

Told y'all boys about questioning Mahalak. Kid's a stud and it doesn't take pads to see that.

As for Kaaya, the quote that is confirmed by his tape is this one:

Athletically Kaaya showed the ability to compose his feet outside of the pocket and under duress as well.

I would still want to see a kid play actual football games before giving an offer. We know he can look good in shorts but how will he look when he is facing live bullets for a season.

LoL....He has that chip on his shoulder like so many other Canes who are often snub in the rankings.

I was disappointed when we werent going after Mahalak anymore, but Im excited to see Kaaya.

I think we need to recruit Ricky Town hard for next year.

Advertisement

No his name was Dayne Crist. Keller is the son of San Francisco QB coach and the nephew of Pitt's head coach

Interdasting. Maybe who he is had an affect on how high he was ranked.....There r def politics in this recruit ranking sht.

Interdasting. Maybe who he is had an affect on how high he was ranked.....There r def politics in this recruit ranking sht.

Maybe some but his film says he is legit sometimes kids just have a bad day. One thing to remember is ranking are based on upside.I am pretty sure they rank people according to how they think they will be drafted in 4 or 5 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzhFJXWB4FA

Maybe some but his film says he is legit sometimes kids just have a bad day. One thing to remember is ranking are based on upside.I am pretty sure they rank people according to how they think they will be drafted in 4 or 5 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzhFJXWB4FA

If he tries to run like that in college, he wont make to see 22! lol I can't say he looks any better than Kaaya and Rosier and they are 3 and 2 stars. Isnt he a 5 star?

Advertisement
If he tries to run like that in college, he wont make to see 22! lol I can't say he looks any better than Kaaya and Rosier and they are 3 and 2 stars. Isnt he a 5 star?
Well he is a pocket passer of course he is not going to run like that in college. Rankings are fluid it is not where they start it is where they end up

He doesnt look better than Kaaya in that film. I dont see number one qb in the country in Chryst, is he gonna play for his dad at pitt?

He doesnt look better than Kaaya in that film. I dont see number one qb in the country in Chryst, is he gonna play for his dad at pitt?

This is where recruiting sites have to be taken for what they are worth when it comes to rankings: not much.
They are just opinions like everyone has and are jaded by bias.

When I first saw Devante Bond's film I thought, "How is this guy a 2 star? I haven't seen a linebacker this year better than this guy at getting to the ball."

I go with our coach's evals much more so than Rivals or Scout's.

Advertisement
Back