Brad Kaaya & Mahalak perform well at Cali elite 11 tryouts

I remember hearing the same **** about Dewey at the combines and camps **** all y'all

Kirby Freeman and Kyle were Elite 11. So was Pat Devlin. And those are just the ones we were involved with. They aren't all winners but it aint a bad thing to win awards and get recognized there. I'm sure alot of great QB's were too.

Pat Devlin is an nfl qb Though...and has been the last two years...out of that group 1 was right

Advertisement
I remember hearing the same **** about Dewey at the combines and camps **** all y'all

Kirby Freeman and Kyle were Elite 11. So was Pat Devlin. And those are just the ones we were involved with. They aren't all winners but it aint a bad thing to win awards and get recognized there. I'm sure alot of great QB's were too.

Pat Devlin is an nfl qb Though...and has been the last two years...out of that group 1 was right

LOL. NFL QB. I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFqTWQRw6UY

He doesnt look better than Kaaya in that film. I dont see number one qb in the country in Chryst, is he gonna play for his dad at pitt?

This is where recruiting sites have to be taken for what they are worth when it comes to rankings: not much.
They are just opinions like everyone has and are jaded by bias.

When I first saw Devante Bond's film I thought, "How is this guy a 2 star? I haven't seen a linebacker this year better than this guy at getting to the ball."

I go with our coach's evals much more so than Rivals or Scout's.
This. Still not sure why people don't realize that it about subscriptions and $$$ on these sites. Content is driven by the dollar with a liberal scouting mixed in. It became big business years ago.

http://247sports.com/Article/Trent-Dilfer-comments-on-California-Elite-11-top-prospects-131304

Dilfer on Kaaya: “Brad did a nice job. He’s got a great personality. He’s a very physical kid. He locates the ball very well. He needs to get a little more rotation on it, needs to control it but obviously he made the finals (of the California regional) because he had a very good day.”

Dilfer on Mahalak: “Morgan had a very good day. Lots of energy in his body. My favorite thing that Morgan did today was, he hasn’t had a whole lot of huge football moments and this was a big football moment for him and he responded very well. His talent is undeniable. He’s got great energy in his feet, great energy in the ball. He doesn’t try to overpower you all the time. I was very impressed with Morgan.”

Dilfer on Chryst: “Keller is obviously one of the top kids in the class. Keller didn’t have a great day but he had a good day. Keller’s the most advanced passer out here. He knows the different throws. His pedigree is advanced (father is 49ers QB coach Geep Chryst and uncle is Pitt head coach Paul Chryst). Like Wilton (Speight), his challenge as a long guy is staying organized with things and he lost his organization at times.”

Advertisement
Seemed like he did his thing at today's 7on7 event:

With quarterback Brad Kaaya on target, West Hills Chaminade won its division of the Valley College seven on seven passing tournament on Saturday, defeating Orange Lutheran in the semifinals and Palmdale in the final.The Eagles are loaded in the skills position department, led by the Miami-bound Kaaya. Coach Ed Croson singled out running back Donovan Lee and and receiver Brandon Lee on offense, and safety Jojo McIntosh on defense.

Brad Kaaya@TrinidadBrad4h
glad I didn't go to prom

Surprised nobody else mentioned this.

The kid skipped prom to go play football. Prom. One of the biggest, if not the biggest events in a high schoolers year. That right there shows some commitment to football. Favorite thing I've seen from him yet.

The Elite 11 evaluators "miss" more often than they "hit" when pinpointing true QB talent.

A bunch of those kids who make the "final 11" don't end up doing much in college.

Here is the list of Elite 11 QBs since '99 (not sure how accurate):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_RISE_Elite_11

Some of those made me laugh/cringe.

That being said, I really like Kayaa.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, to go along with the talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
http://247sports.com/Article/Oakland-Nike-NFTC-Top-performers-offense-2014-Joe-Mixon-131627

2. Keller Chryst, Palo Alto (Calif.) High School – Friday’s Elite 11 wasn’t one of Chryst’s better days but the big strong-armed passer came out with a vengeance on Sunday and looked like a totally different man. Following the event, quarterback coach and current NFL free agent Jordan Palmer remarked that Chryst took to coaching extremely quickly showing that he has a knack for the mental side of the game. On the physical side of things, there wasn’t a quarterback that threw a better deep ball consistently on Friday than Chryst.

3. Morgan Mahalak, Greenbrae (Calif.) Marin Catholic – Mahalak had an all around strong weekend, showing that he’s got the ability to be another extremely effective Oregon quarterback under Mark Helfrich. In Mahalak, you get a kid with great feet, a clean delivery and an accurate ball inside and outside of the

He doesnt look better than Kaaya in that film. I dont see number one qb in the country in Chryst, is he gonna play for his dad at pitt?
The number 1 QB in the country will be playing for Joker. Chryst uncle is at Pitt but if I had to guess right now I think he ends up at Stanford

I thought the #1 QB was David Cornwell somebody we were after with Fisch he went straight to #1 after the UM offer which is crazy

By signing day I think the number 1 rated QB will be Will Grier but is could certainly be Cornwell, Chryst Watson and a few others.

Jeff Driskel was a #1 QB and we all know he's hot dog ****, so **** yourself with you thoughts on who #1 will be.

I dont think you will have much luck with Towne, he transfered out of Chaminade HS as Kaaya was transfering in last February.
I dont see him wanting to possibly play behind kaaya in college. Imagine both of these guys could be at the same HS right now if Town didnt transfer out.

Advertisement
Someone taught Brad a very important lesson about QB'ing. You throw it with your eyes and feet just as much as you do with your arm. Fundamentally,you can't get much better than Brad.

Ricky looks like Romo mechanically, which is the way a lot of young QB's are starting to go. Looks like he's gotta a lot of zip on the ball too.

Question: Do all these camps/retreats/academys, etc. that these QBs go to cost money? Or are they free special invites? I know Elite 11 is free but invite only. Becuz if these kids are paying for them, ****. Big investements.

Advertisement
Question: Do all these camps/retreats/academys, etc. that these QBs go to cost money? Or are they free special invites? I know Elite 11 is free but invite only. Becuz if these kids are paying for them, ****. Big investements.

An even bigger investment is paying your own way in college and not getting a scholarship. I don't have an answer to the costs question.

The number 1 QB in the country will be playing for Joker. Chryst uncle is at Pitt but if I had to guess right now I think he ends up at Stanford

I feel like Grier might be overrated because he plays in such a wacky offense

Kaaya is everything you want in a QB recruit. Seems to have a presence about him, all the tools, and a little dog in him...all the intangibles of Morris, but more advanced at the same age.

Kaaya is everything you want in a QB recruit. Seems to have a presence about him, all the tools, and a little dog in him...all the intangibles of Morris, but more advanced at the same age.

I think Morris was more athletic and had a stronger arm so in high school he could rest on those great skills. Kaaya to me has to bust his *** just a little more to get every aspect of his game on point which is what you have to love

Advertisement
Back