Off-Topic Bourbon Heads

How was the 1792 Sweet Wheat? Still haven't seen one on a shelf.
It’s honestly just fantastic

I love wheated bourbons as it is

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but I paid a lot more for the first bottle I got and it seems a little bit easier to find now (though still brutally hard)

Advertisement
It’s honestly just fantastic

I love wheated bourbons as it is

I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but I paid a lot more for the first bottle I got and it seems a little bit easier to find now (though still brutally hard)
Gonna have to keep my eyes open for it. Also a fan of a good wheated bourbon.

EEE4E84A-7E59-4F40-95A6-BCC2361723A4.jpeg

Wheated…

Rebel Distiller’s Collection

Advertisement
Do you order from Binny's often? I've wondered about them before. Seem to have a good rep and online reviews of their handpicked stuff is generally positive.
ive got a binny's down the street from me in the chicago suburbs. never bought online from them but i was really impressed with this bottle and their hand-selected stuff is always a step up.

i got another old scout smooth ambler at the same time -- aged 5 years, just over 60% abv. havent cracked that one yet.

ive got a binny's down the street from me in the chicago suburbs. never bought online from them but i was really impressed with this bottle and their hand-selected stuff is always a step up.

i got another old scout smooth ambler at the same time -- aged 5 years, just over 60% abv. havent cracked that one yet.

Nice. The hand-selected stuff can be a bit hit or miss, but Binny's is one of the names I've heard a few times as being solid. Definitely would be cool to have a spot like that in walking distance.

Advertisement
Novice Bourbon drinker here. Was gifted yet another bottle. Anybody try this yet? Youtube reviews weren't so promising lol

Bib & Tucker 6 year

If you’re a novice get some 4roses single barrel and go from there . @RVACane Thoughts ?
Yeah, that was one of the first ones you recommended to me. The small batch wasn’t bad either as a starter but it’s been a while since I’ve had either. I should revisit those.

If you’re a novice get some 4roses single barrel and go from there . @RVACane Thoughts ?
Ha, just finished a bottle of that saturday. If you like old fashioneds this is a great one for the holidays.

Soak orange rind, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and clove in apple cider overnight. Remove orange peel and reduce liquid in sauce pan down by about half. Use as simple syrup and garnish with whatever you like. (Apple slices, apple chips, cinn sticks, orange peel, cherry) and obv add bitters.

Advertisement
Ha, just finished a bottle of that saturday. If you like old fashioneds this is a great one for the holidays.

Soak orange rind, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and clove in apple cider overnight. Remove orange peel and reduce liquid in sauce pan down by about half. Use as simple syrup and garnish with whatever you like. (Apple slices, apple chips, cinn sticks, orange peel, cherry) and obv add bitters.
I’m more of a manhattan fan and it works great with those too …try some blood orange bitters with it and let me know …******* delicious…..I’ll try the old fashioned recipe too .

Advertisement
Hadn’t seen this before … not a flavored whiskey btw, just the flavor profile
412AE0DD-53B0-4559-93EF-B0E596221466.jpeg

Always find with the higher proofs that I need to add ice to simmer it down a bit. Been sipping on the Mitcher’s bourbon lately(92 proof if I remember) and that’s about my limit when drinking neat .
Definitely takes some palate adjusting going to higher proof bourbon. This one actually drank fine neat, but some for sure need a little water

Advertisement
Back