Both our rivals had statement wins this weekend

By the time we play fsu we will have a stable of receivers and hopefully 3 healthy RB’s. The semens play Clemson earlier and we should know know if they are real

Advertisement
LSU is trash and FSU gave up a 99 yard drive when the game was on the line. Only to be saved by LSU’s horrible special teams. Both are trash and it showed.

Utah I think was overrated and got exposed. Florida almost beat Bama last year and look how the season played out.

Hopefully I’m right, but either way, let the season play on.

We’ve heard the same sad line “Let’s just be competitive” for years now and rightly so. But this is obviously a new day and time for our Canes. I believe it’s realistic to expect us to be competitive against 8&4 and have better than a punchers chance to beat them. No doubt it’ll take a monumental effort especially in their house. I see the days of “Let’s just be competitive” soon to be in our rear view mirror.

Stop overreacting, that lsu team is a far cry from the one we faced in 2018 and what are the chances Utah turns the ball over on the goal line twice and the uf running back recovers his own fumble after it bounced back to him perfectly. They were very fortunate, fsu needed a miracle to stop a bad team as well. This reminds me of all those turnovers we needed to beat overrated florida in 2013 a d thought it was a statement

Statement wins? Let's revisit this after Thanksgiving.

If this putrid L$U team ends up with 6 wins again (or less), last night was not much of a statement. That was an ugly football game full of corching and general stupidity. L$U's tackling looked as bad as ours last year. When Daniels wasn't getting in his own way with happy feet and playing with tempo, forfeit state did little to stop them. And forfeit state's offense is basically backyard Jordy extending plays against an undisciplined front 7 and a secondary that looked lost.

Then the big, bad $EC $EC $EC Florida flagship school beats a plucky Utah team at home in a nail biter and college football is supposed to be on notice? FU looked better than expected, but more than anything they just had more speed/athleticism on the field and ran their limited offense efficiently. AR threw for under 200 yards and I don't recall many (if any) completions traveling over 20 yards. They ultimately did what they had to do to get the win against a top 10 team, but the greatest statement made in this game was that pre-season rankings are often BS.

Advertisement
My question is can both Richardson and Travis hold up running the ball all season. Neither can throw worth a **** so when the pressure on can they drop back a beat a defense with they arm. I’m leaning towards no. Conference play for UF will tell the tale same with FSU. These two teams also are the most arrogant and ****y teams around and I wouldn’t doubt them losing one of their next two games off feeling themselves over these wins.

Norvell is Golden .. I view this FSU win as their 2013.. when we beat a high ranked overrated muschamp Florida 1st or 2nd game of season .. and we all got caught In the hype .. we got all the way to #7 before getting smacked by FSU later that year and then unraveling ..This is a good thing IMO .. keeps norvell but they’re not close to being elite either

The Gators beat a 7 ranked Utah team.

FSU beat LSU

You’re joking yourself if you think we don’t need a statement win against A&M in two weeks.

Recruits that we are fighting for between the Florida 3 are definitely going to have their eyes on us to see what we do now. The implications of these 3 games could end up being huge in that area

This is an A&M team that only put up 31 points of offense against Sam Houston. A team that went 8-4 last year and somehow deserved to be ranked 6th this year.

This is a winnable game. And if we want to be taken seriously in college football again, this is a game we need.

If somehow LSU and Utah end up being complete trash by the end of the year, then I’ll eat my words. But right now it’s looking like those two teams showed up and now the ball is in our court.

If you don’t agree with my points, feel free to argue them intelligently, not just posting “stupid take” or “porst of the year”
Regardless of what happened in those games,.. yes we need to win against the Aggies. Not for the the reasons you mentioned but for national perception and for Marios notice to the college football world. Absolutely this game against A&M is important, but so is every game we play this year. I want us to destroy everyone,.. no mercy.

Last edited:
Some in our fan base have a hard time accepting or understanding “perception.”

The OP is absolutely correct. While we’re celebrating smoking a FCS school, which we’ve done every single season under every single regime, UF beats the #7 team in the nation, & FSU goes to a hostile environment to beat a SEC foe twice removed as a Nat’l Champion, both at prime time hours.

Listen; beating A&M will go a long way, but u’re fooling urself if u don’t think these two bytch *** schools don’t have “some” eyebrows raised. Like I told the homie, FSU has a real opportunity to go
4-0 to start the yr. They play a wack UL team & follow that up w/ The Blake James inspired BC squad.

If UF beats UK this weekend, Lord help us. (That, too, is a prime time game) It’s not an overreaction, it’s b/c I know & understand perception & its effects on impressionable, young kids.
Yes.

ATM is a game you win if you want the recruit’s necks to snap back to you and your squad. Winning it is a much better signature than either of the games this weekend, but not winning it and it *looks* like we’re behind even if LSU and Utah are pretty average this year.

Big time players step up in big games.

Advertisement
In fairness, there was a considerable body of prognostication prior to this weekend that Utah would steamroll the gators and Travis would be running for his life for 60 minutes. Now that the games have played out, Utah is a meaningless win and LSU is obviously trash. Now the prognostications are forming that Louisville and Kentucky will steamroll.
It reminds me of 2002 when The Ohio Taint* squeeked out wins every week, and every week the next team was supposed to demolish them. And somehow they kept pulling wins out of their tainted ****s, with a "lucky" turnover here and a bad call there. We were supposed to be the team that exposed them as frauds, and they still managed to give us a handful. Obviously, neither UF/FSU are anywhere near that category of talent, but that was the season that made me realize game predictions are very similar to swings in the stock market: 20% data and 80% emotion.
So, yes, I try to maintain the more objective approach of letting the season play out. Prognosticators gonna prognosticate whether or not I buy in emotionally.

OP, I hear your point but don't call those 'statement' wins. You used that term way too liberally. UF beating UGA - that's a statement win. FSU beating Clemson - that's a statement win.

Their wins this weekend were good appearance wins. No shade there. And for the homer fan clutching for any reason to be excited about their team's chances - sure their wins this weekend give them hope.

But I remember 2017, and while we rode Richt's win streak we allll knew we had huge holes that would soon be exploited. And they were exploited eventually.

My point being - Both UF and FSU will live and die by their QBs legs. That ain't a good thing, because athletic teams that are well coached will find a way to contain both QBs and put both under the tent on the sidelines. It's a long, long season so let's revisit by Week 8.

My question is can both Richardson and Travis hold up running the ball all season. Neither can throw worth a **** so when the pressure on can they drop back a beat a defense with they arm. I’m leaning towards no. Conference play for UF will tell the tale same with FSU. These two teams also are the most arrogant and ****y teams around and I wouldn’t doubt them losing one of their next two games off feeling themselves over these wins.
Yep. And you beat me by 17 minutes saying the same thing.

Like on a fourth and 32?

Advertisement
OP makes a valid point. We don't have to agree that they were "statement wins". However, it's all about perception. This morning national media is talking about both of those wins. Not only were they wins but they were exciting games with great atmosphere, which will help them with recruiting. No Miami doesn't need to win against Texas AnM but how they look and how competitive they are will go a long way towards changing the narrative.

I do question if come December if anyone remembers these week 1 wins, or who's left standing playing for conference championships, which is the ultimate goal.

Regardless of our thoughts on LSU, people are already running with this narrative

Attachments

• A1246BDF-DD32-4807-B5EA-C0310D95B11D.jpeg
    A1246BDF-DD32-4807-B5EA-C0310D95B11D.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 21
Advertisement
Will they still be statements wins when LSU ends up with a losing record and Utah drops another 3 games?

Both FSU and UF still needed both teams to shoot themselves in the foot to barely win.

I understand the narrative, but it's not going to be the same narrative down the road.

Way to bring an intelligent conversation to the table. Thanks
Theres nothing intelligent about what you said.......to say that its basically a must win 3 games into a coaches start is about as dumb as it gets so "jesus christ" seems like a pretty fair answer.

Theres nothing intelligent about what you said.......to say that its basically a must win 3 games into a coaches start is about as dumb as it gets so "jesus christ" seems like a pretty fair answer.
In the grand scheme of everything i.e recruiting, national perception, etc. you don’t think with our rivals winning these two games, that our game against A&M didn’t just get more important? Please explain with reasons to back up your opinion. Not just a ‘Jesus Christ’ post. That’s what the post is for. To have an intelligent discussion and hear others opinions on it. Not just you posting some **** to farm reactions from others with no actual thought process behind it

Advertisement
Back