Borregales: How does he rank among our best kickers alltime?

When judging kickers at Miami, there's Huerta and then everyone else. But for only 5 games so far, at this point, he's **** good. It's a shame we may only have him for a year because if he performed this well for two full seasons, he'd be in the top 3.

Advertisement
2OT win vs Nebraska in 2015, game winning field goal vs GT in the rain in 2017. Yeah he missed some in his career but catches way too much flak from our fanbase. The missed extra point vs FSU was from out line getting blown up not him
I’m talking about with the ladies

Andy "Bolivian Marching Powder" Crossland was an adventure at times if memory serves me correctly.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
2OT win vs Nebraska in 2015, game winning field goal vs GT in the rain in 2017. Yeah he missed some in his career but catches way too much flak from our fanbase. The missed extra point vs FSU was from out line getting blown up not him
Agree. It wasn't like he shanked it, he had no chance to get it off cleanly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Borregales has the potential to be considered one of our better kickers. However, even if he hits a game winning clutch somewhere down the schedule, the fact he's only here one year may preclude him from being considered one of our very best, when comparing to some of the guys who played several years.

Advertisement
I feel Danny Miller/Carlos Huerta good about this guy. I hate that he wasn’t here for 4 years but I’m happy his brother will be.
After all that time it will be super weird not hearing the name.

Advertisement
Back