Borregales: How does he rank among our best kickers alltime?

Don't think we've ever had a kicker drafted. Think this kid will be.

But he hasn't done anything here in the clutch to warrant any major accolades yet.

Advertisement
Huerta, Miller and the Flea are neck and neck as the 🐐.
GOATS right now!!

Yes, I feel as good about our kicking game as I ever have. But our boy Borregales has to make some big kicks in clutch moments before we can include him in the GOAT discussion.

So far he's got a bomb and record tying 57 yard FG vs Lvill and a nail in the coffin kick vs Pitt under his belt. He's off to a good start. Let's see how it plays out but I'm feeling good about Borregales right about now.

Go Canes!!!
So far so good. When talking of some of the older guys, you have to take into consideration the width of the goalposts narrowed by 4’8” In 1991. Carlos who kicked before and after the change with similar accuracy made some huge kicks. Badge Bosh snd Sievers were all Solid. Miller and Flea were solid, posts were wider so tough call. I know 2 games the 4’8” may have helped, Wide Right 1 and Wide Right 2!

Advertisement
Badgley isn't even in the discussion. Sievers was very inconsistent all through his career. Huerta was clutch.

This guy is a different breed though.

He's on pace to have the best season of any kicker we've had and likely to be our best NFL kicker of all time. Leg strength, middle of the uprights, and loft are all better than we've seen here ever. Can he keep it up, we'll see.

Todd Sievers single handedly kept us in the 2001 Boston College game, on the road, in the cold when the offense never saw the end zone. Some of the kicks he made in that game were straight coldblooded like no one was watching. Go back and watch. That guy was the best kicker we've had in 20 years in my opinion. Borregales doesn't have much of a legacy here but this season is turning out nice.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Todd Sievers single handedly kept us in the 2001 Boston College game, on the road, in the cold when the offense never saw the end zone. Some of the kicks he made in that game were straight coldblooded like no one was watching. Go back and watch. That guy was the best kicker we've had in 20 years in my opinion. Borregales doesn't have much of a legacy here but this season is turning out nice.
Sievers’ 40-yarder to tie Ohio State at the buzzer was clutch. IIRC, OSU iced him twice.

Advertisement
Flea Davis in 1983
12065961_10205807327197850_1594522682607718174_n.jpg

Advertisement
Borregales might be the best pro prospect we’ve had at kicker. There’s been quite a few good ones but most of them never had an NFL career. Huerta just didn’t have the leg strength despite being automatic on anything under 40 yards. Borregales has shown accuracy and distance on field goals and kick offs. He’s going to play in the NFL.

Sievers was good too, no?

from an overall ability/strength of leg POV, he was the best, imo. Huerta and miller are mt Rushmore but sievers is next tier. His leg strength plus his ability to kick off any number of ways (pin in deep corner, high loft and deep, short, etc). Jmo

if borregales continues, he’s on that 2nd tier list - for sure.

Advertisement
Back