Borregales: How does he rank among our best kickers alltime?

Wait till you guys see his brother who has Yes a bigger leg. There is a youtube video of the two of them during the beginning of Covid kicking 50 plus yard field goals and the little Borregales was hitting it further and down the middle. :eek:
I’ve seen it. It’s insane.

Advertisement
Jose is on his way to being one of the very best we've had and we've had great kickers here. I want him to be here next year, too. He could break records.

I've been saying it since...forever...Andy is better than him. Andy will break records here. The best prep kicker I've ever seen and he's been doing it since he was in middle school.

I saw Borregales warm up and play at Booker T. Washington High a few years back. He was very good then, and you could see the potential. He had the accuracy, and he worked very hard but didn’t have his current leg strength yet. Not sure why the Canes didn’t recruit him because it was pretty obvious that he was going to be a very good college kicker. South Florida had some good kickers, but he was the best at the time. Borregales is also a winner in every sense of the word

Advertisement
Matt Bosher was solid. So was Jake Wieclaw and Badgley to name some of our more recent kickers.

Borregales has been great so far. He has literally been automatic to this point.

Let's see how he performs when the game is on the line. I feel comfortable it's going in every time he kicks it.

With Baxa, I felt the complete opposite.
Speaking of Wieclaw...anybody know he's a *** offender now?

Advertisement
So far so good. When talking of some of the older guys, you have to take into consideration the width of the goalposts narrowed by 4’8” In 1991. Carlos who kicked before and after the change with similar accuracy made some huge kicks. Badge Bosh snd Sievers were all Solid. Miller and Flea were solid, posts were wider so tough call. I know 2 games the 4’8” may have helped, Wide Right 1 and Wide Right 2!

Huerta gave one of the ALL-TIME GREATEST responses to an interview question. When he was asked whether the rule change (narrowing the width of the goalposts) would impact him, he said that the middle was still in the same spot.

That's why he was so clutch. Absolute confidence.

I saw Borregales warm up and play at Booker T. Washington High a few years back. He was very good then, and you could see the potential. He had the accuracy, and he worked very hard but didn’t have his current leg strength yet. Not sure why the Canes didn’t recruit him because it was pretty obvious that he was going to be a very good college kicker. South Florida had some good kickers, but he was the best at the time. Borregales is also a winner in every sense of the word

Because we already had a sophomore scholarship kicker on the roster. Our all-time leading scorer.

Advertisement
I love his passion and energy, but until he makes a clutch kick you gotta slow down on the all time rankings. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with him going 20-20 with no pressure...but you get my point.

Advertisement
Badgley wasn’t bad either. Def our best NFL prospect at the position.
Best haircut of all the kickers!!

He loved Al Golden; remember one interview wherein he said he’d run through a brick wall for coach Golden.

Huerta, Miller and the Flea are neck and neck as the 🐐.
GOATS right now!!

Yes, I feel as good about our kicking game as I ever have. But our boy Borregales has to make some big kicks in clutch moments before we can include him in the GOAT discussion.

So far he's got a bomb and record tying 57 yard FG vs Lvill and a nail in the coffin kick vs Pitt under his belt. He's off to a good start. Let's see how it plays out but I'm feeling good about Borregales right about now.

Go Canes!!!
I think Flea and Miller have to be in a separate era as they kicked off a tee and benefitted with the wider posts. Both were very good but under different conditions. I think the NCAA got rid of the tee for FGs in 89.

Badgley was a closer. Ask @apfenny3
2OT win vs Nebraska in 2015, game winning field goal vs GT in the rain in 2017. Yeah he missed some in his career but catches way too much flak from our fanbase. The missed extra point vs FSU was from out line getting blown up not him

Advertisement
Back