Bold take for Saturday

Advertisement
As someone who has watched and played football the last 10 years, and understands that football is as mental as it is physical, I believe we get on track this week. Here’s why:

the last two weeks have been unlucky for us, we played a powerhouse with loads off hype for our team and high expectations and we fell face down. Next week we come in with our confidence shaken but ready to get on track. On the other hand App state was VERY confident, hyped and ready to take down a “wounded giant” they had nothing to lose. Before app state we were 0-3 dating back to last year with 2 blowouts. Believe it or not there is a difference between winning and knowing your performance is wasnt good enough and losing and knowing your performance wasn’t good enough. We finally have a win and can breathe a sigh of relief that we won (even if we hand to tough it out but sometimes it’s a wake up call).

Next I don’t believe MSU is as good as they seem. They best a Northwestern team that scored 21 points against them yet only scored 24 points against FCS opponent Indiana State. MSU does not seem to be a team that gets TFLs or Sacks, wether by design or lack of DL play I’m not sure. (They have 5 sacks and 10 TFLs combined in 2 games against inferior competition while Miami has 2 sacks and 20 TFLs in the same span against better competition.)
When you take out sacks MSU is allowing an average of about 5 yards a carry which again…is not good. Having Chaney out in this game will hurt but I think King, Harris and brown should be affective Saturday.

Call it a gut feeling but I think this is the week Miami puts it together for all 4 Quarters. They seem to always show up when everyone is doubting them. Now they get to prove us wrong and I think they will do just that.

Canes win 38-17
Stevie! We should win and win by that margin. We have the talent to do it. Manny is going to be unprepared again and they’ll run counters just like everybody else. It’s gonna be a 3 point win and he’ll bring up the slip and slide to celebrate lasting one more week because his firing is in the air IMO.

All he need to do is be 15% more traditional on D and everything would click but he refuses to make that adjustment. He’s gonna die on his shield.

I somewhat agree. We had a UAB type game plan on what we thought was similar comp against App St. Very vanilla on offense.

We open things up this week and see a different team all together. Looking forward to more Aroyo and Mallory combos, the debut of Brown, and unleashing of Taylor.

These guys from up north think they can turn the heater up in their facility and compare that to the 95 degree and 90% humidity which will make it feel more like 100 degrees with the sun blazing on the back of their necks for 4 qts. LOL

I hope your right Steve-o or whatever your name is. I can’t take much more of this ****.

Advertisement
We’re gonna lose until we learn to will ourselves to winning. Ain’t happening till then. Could it be this game? I don’t know, cause we’ve been on this merry go round for nearly half the time since I found out I bled orange and green.

Don't think it will be this game. Unlike many others on this board I feel really bad about this game. In fact, until our offense shows any kind of life I won't be confident in any game. No cohesive run game, no wr separation, bad rpo, dropped passes, untimely penalties, no accountability. You name it it just sucks. Hope I'm wrong.

I completely disagree. I watched MSU against Northwestern, and they looked really good. This is probably one of the toughest games we have on the schedule.

When did I ever say the word giant? I said playing Miami moves the needle for a team like App State. Especially when they’re an 8 point dog and think they can win. Doesn’t really matter because if you’re an excellent team, you match their intensity with your talent and scheme and you smash them. But if you don’t think they had this one circled for a long time, I don’t know what to tell you. But it’s true. Remember when we played in Boone? The ******* town shut down on Friday. Literally.
Previous poster called us wounded giants. Hence, my reaction.

Advertisement
I completely disagree. I watched MSU against Northwestern, and they looked really good. This is probably one of the toughest games we have on the schedule.
Vegas doesn’t agree with you; however, MSU does look improved.

Don't think it will be this game. Unlike many others on this board I feel really bad about this game. In fact, until our offense shows any kind of life I won't be confident in any game. No cohesive run game, no wr separation, bad rpo, dropped passes, untimely penalties, no accountability. You name it it just sucks. Hope I'm wrong.
Week 1. Miami is going to be competitive vs Bama. Didn’t happen.

Week 2. Miami is going to destroy App State. Didn’t happen.

Week 3. MSU is going to beat us. Something tells me this isn’t going to happen.

Week 1. Miami is going to be competitive vs Bama. Didn’t happen.

Week 2. Miami is going to destroy App State. Didn’t happen.

Week 3. MSU is going to beat us. Something tells me this isn’t going to happen.
Hope the trend continues.

Advertisement
Stevo, I appreciate you and your breakdowns a lot. You give really good insight in your breakdowns.

But with that said, I think you are too biased positively in favor of the Canes. You're pumping too much sunshine. For example in the Alabama breakdown you focus a lot on IF something broke the other way for the Canes, we'd be in a good position. But that's true for every team every game.
I understand that, I will say I’m an optimist if anything. But it’s kinda like going fishing when you know that the weather is perfect, the tides, the season, the location and tides and type of bait is al perfect and you still come up with nothing. Same with Miami, they have the pieces (QB, TEs, talented/experienced secondary with a top notch DB coach, DTs, an experienced OL, and solid WRs) But through two games we haven’t seen the hype. Granted we went up against two great teams that both were highly motivated to beat us (for different reasons) and we were only able to out talent one. Being the optimist I am I’m led to believe that we are due for a 4Q performance from the team. If this team didn’t believe in manny or the culture then the returning players such as bolden, King, Harley or the addition of Stevenson would have left when they had the chance.

@StevoBevo I tend to agree with you. I've followed Northwestern on and off for years, and can tell you that this year's version is a shell of last year's. They lost a ton of talent. I don't think that win tells us anything about Michigan State, it's like us beating UVA in a down year for them. I also think the home field and Miami weather gives us an extra advantage.

I'm still down on Manny and the team performance relative to where we should be. One win, if we do win, doesn't change anything. Just as I observed the NU win says little about MSU, an MSU by Miami says little about us. They're literally no different than any other mid-tier ACC team. We shouldn't even be considering them a threat.

Manny needs to make fundamental changes so we can start stomping on mediocre teams, not squeaking by them, and ultimately winning against Top 10 teams.
I agree on the game, not the weather. Don't think weather will be much of a factor. As for the game, it is a no win situation really.
We win and all of a sudden MSU is a ****** team and it is not big win in any way, but a lot of fans are doubting we win. We lose and here comes the "I told y'all we would lose" noise. So all we can do is go out, match up and see who wins and move on to the next game. I do think we win, but it will be a battle.

I understand that, I will say I’m an optimist if anything. But it’s kinda like going fishing when you know that the weather is perfect, the tides, the season, the location and tides and type of bait is al perfect and you still come up with nothing. Same with Miami, they have the pieces (QB, TEs, talented/experienced secondary with a top notch DB coach, DTs, an experienced OL, and solid WRs) But through two games we haven’t seen the hype. Granted we went up against two great teams that both were highly motivated to beat us (for different reasons) and we were only able to out talent one. Being the optimist I am I’m led to believe that we are due for a 4Q performance from the team. If this team didn’t believe in manny or the culture then the returning players such as bolden, King, Harley or the addition of Stevenson would have left when they had the chance.
Would have left and did what? Become UDFA's? They act like they came back to win and say that, but sure haven't shown it. I think they came back out of necessity not to play another year for a great coach.

Advertisement
Dave Chappelle Sobriety GIF

Advertisement
Back