Bold take for Saturday

Advertisement
Hey, if Jacksonville State could beat FSU, we could very well beat MSU. It's a crazy year.
Maybe I'm out on a limb but Canes 17 MSU 14

I get where you coming from and it sounds good. I 100% agree on MSU but I just don’t see it. Unless Lashlee knew we couldn’t beat Bama and knew we’d beat App State somehow, I don’t see the offense getting on track this week with this bs play calling . Miami cannot run block for schit and our best back is now done for the year. Idk if nobody could get open vs. App state or if King was just missing reads but our passing game has been weak af. Mallory is a college TE2. I don’t care about his athleticism anymore. Like a majority of TE’s in college football, he’s just an ok player. His speed and age should no longer should get him a pass. Arroyo should be the first option at TE. That being said, King running for his life and our guys making a couple plays and should be able to keep keep us slightly ahead or at least close. Overall Not looking good on offense.

Gurvan Hall remains a starter on defense and he is no bueno. Ivey plays. Jennings and steed are not even reserve level on a decent FBS team and still getting way too many reps. For 2 years we’ve heard that Huff doesn’t know the playbook and he about to get a lot of snaps. If he plays worse than Smith (get well soon) it’s not hard to see their longest rush going over 50 yards. Yikes. But I do think Huff would play better with Kam/JW behind him as opposed to Hall, who has had his own issues being in the right spot. We got 1 sack against App and the pass rush has been nonexistent for long stretches of games. They do create pressures but the secondary hasn’t turned those into takeaways. Tackling should improve but not great stuff on D either.

We have Hedley and José who, until shown otherwise, are the best kicking duo in college football. That gives us a chance against worse to equal competition. I think it’ll be an ugly win.
Canes 26-17

The general idea is to get better even with all visible flaws in place. Find a hobby bro you sound like you're having a miserable time with life right now....
Lol ok.

I said i dont know how anyone can say what this team will do. How is that wrong or miserable.

I wasnt even coming down on the team. Nobody knows what this team is at the moment.

Advertisement
Giants win. We aren’t a Giant. We use to be giants. We haven’t been for over a decade.

I get what you’re saying but if that narrative makes you sleep better, at night, then good for you. I’m not buying any of it.

When did I ever say the word giant? I said playing Miami moves the needle for a team like App State. Especially when they’re an 8 point dog and think they can win. Doesn’t really matter because if you’re an excellent team, you match their intensity with your talent and scheme and you smash them. But if you don’t think they had this one circled for a long time, I don’t know what to tell you. But it’s true. Remember when we played in Boone? The ******* town shut down on Friday. Literally.

As someone who has watched and played football the last 10 years, and understands that football is as mental as it is physical, I believe we get on track this week. Here’s why:

the last two weeks have been unlucky for us, we played a powerhouse with loads off hype for our team and high expectations and we fell face down. Next week we come in with our confidence shaken but ready to get on track. On the other hand App state was VERY confident, hyped and ready to take down a “wounded giant” they had nothing to lose. Before app state we were 0-3 dating back to last year with 2 blowouts. Believe it or not there is a difference between winning and knowing your performance is wasnt good enough and losing and knowing your performance wasn’t good enough. We finally have a win and can breathe a sigh of relief that we won (even if we hand to tough it out but sometimes it’s a wake up call).

Next I don’t believe MSU is as good as they seem. They best a Northwestern team that scored 21 points against them yet only scored 24 points against FCS opponent Indiana State. MSU does not seem to be a team that gets TFLs or Sacks, wether by design or lack of DL play I’m not sure. (They have 5 sacks and 10 TFLs combined in 2 games against inferior competition while Miami has 2 sacks and 20 TFLs in the same span against better competition.)
When you take out sacks MSU is allowing an average of about 5 yards a carry which again…is not good. Having Chaney out in this game will hurt but I think King, Harris and brown should be affective Saturday.

Call it a gut feeling but I think this is the week Miami puts it together for all 4 Quarters. They seem to always show up when everyone is doubting them. Now they get to prove us wrong and I think they will do just that.

Canes win 38-17
We have NO FUQIN LBs and the canes are about to face a power run team,

As someone who has watched and played football the last 10 years, and understands that football is as mental as it is physical, I believe we get on track this week. Here’s why:

the last two weeks have been unlucky for us, we played a powerhouse with loads off hype for our team and high expectations and we fell face down. Next week we come in with our confidence shaken but ready to get on track. On the other hand App state was VERY confident, hyped and ready to take down a “wounded giant” they had nothing to lose. Before app state we were 0-3 dating back to last year with 2 blowouts. Believe it or not there is a difference between winning and knowing your performance is wasnt good enough and losing and knowing your performance wasn’t good enough. We finally have a win and can breathe a sigh of relief that we won (even if we hand to tough it out but sometimes it’s a wake up call).

Next I don’t believe MSU is as good as they seem. They best a Northwestern team that scored 21 points against them yet only scored 24 points against FCS opponent Indiana State. MSU does not seem to be a team that gets TFLs or Sacks, wether by design or lack of DL play I’m not sure. (They have 5 sacks and 10 TFLs combined in 2 games against inferior competition while Miami has 2 sacks and 20 TFLs in the same span against better competition.)
When you take out sacks MSU is allowing an average of about 5 yards a carry which again…is not good. Having Chaney out in this game will hurt but I think King, Harris and brown should be affective Saturday.

Call it a gut feeling but I think this is the week Miami puts it together for all 4 Quarters. They seem to always show up when everyone is doubting them. Now they get to prove us wrong and I think they will do just that.

Canes win 38-17

Great post with good reasoning.

I am still very concerned the team didn’t beat the breaks off App State and it has me more skeptical than ever of Manny’s leadership.

Still, all week all I can think is that we are going to go ape **** on MSU and run them out the stadium. We have been unpredictable like that against non elite teams.

We have had a thought run the last 4-5 games and things could easily flip the other way.

We will find out Saturday. Manny is coaching for his life. This game will be a statement one way or another.

Advertisement
Kings "intangibles" will be the difference.
What intangibles? Like missing all of the open recievers because he only looked at his first read? Like not keeping it when he should, but keeping it when he shouldn't? Like not being able to detect an oncoming blitz from an overloaded side while in shotgun without full protection? Like not being able to see over the O line even though most of them will just fall down upon first initial contact from a D lineman half their size??? The fact that he's a 6th year, 24 year old senior, but still struggles hitting an open reciever from 5 yrds away?

But but sPArTY Has beEN PrAcTIciNg iNdOorS wITh THe hEAteR oN!!1111
These players are going to be ****ed when they step onto the field & realize it didn’t help a bit. Lol

That’s like turning the AC down to 40 in the IPF & practicing in your drawers. WaRtch out Pitt.. We BaK

Advertisement
Stevo, I appreciate you and your breakdowns a lot. You give really good insight in your breakdowns.

But with that said, I think you are too biased positively in favor of the Canes. You're pumping too much sunshine. For example in the Alabama breakdown you focus a lot on IF something broke the other way for the Canes, we'd be in a good position. But that's true for every team every game.

What?????....What Lumber did we lay??....Jesus H Christ...are you really blaming commercials in ref to our offensive offense??
Yeah! I hate commercials and it seemed they had one after every play, by the way...what does the H mean?

What intangibles? Like missing all of the open recievers because he only looked at his first read? Like not keeping it when he should, but keeping it when he shouldn't? Like not being able to detect an oncoming blitz from an overloaded side while in shotgun without full protection? Like not being able to see over the O line even though most of them will just fall down upon first initial contact from a D lineman half their size??? The fact that he's a 6th year, 24 year old senior, but still struggles hitting an open reciever from 5 yrds away?

Is last Saturday the first game you ever watched?

Advertisement
Lmao it’s a different kind of heat here in Miami. Not sure how difficult it’s going to be to be outside Saturday morning. We’ll see if a team from Michigan, where it’s literally becoming fall, is ready for a hot summers day. It tends to wear on the physically weak. I’m hoping they fit the bill. It can kick your *** if you’re not used to it.

If it wears on the physically weak we fcked...

Advertisement
Back