Bold take for Saturday

StevoBevo

Freshman
As someone who has watched and played football the last 10 years, and understands that football is as mental as it is physical, I believe we get on track this week. Here’s why:

the last two weeks have been unlucky for us, we played a powerhouse with loads off hype for our team and high expectations and we fell face down. Next week we come in with our confidence shaken but ready to get on track. On the other hand App state was VERY confident, hyped and ready to take down a “wounded giant” they had nothing to lose. Before app state we were 0-3 dating back to last year with 2 blowouts. Believe it or not there is a difference between winning and knowing your performance is wasnt good enough and losing and knowing your performance wasn’t good enough. We finally have a win and can breathe a sigh of relief that we won (even if we hand to tough it out but sometimes it’s a wake up call).

Next I don’t believe MSU is as good as they seem. They best a Northwestern team that scored 21 points against them yet only scored 24 points against FCS opponent Indiana State. MSU does not seem to be a team that gets TFLs or Sacks, wether by design or lack of DL play I’m not sure. (They have 5 sacks and 10 TFLs combined in 2 games against inferior competition while Miami has 2 sacks and 20 TFLs in the same span against better competition.)
When you take out sacks MSU is allowing an average of about 5 yards a carry which again…is not good. Having Chaney out in this game will hurt but I think King, Harris and brown should be affective Saturday.

Call it a gut feeling but I think this is the week Miami puts it together for all 4 Quarters. They seem to always show up when everyone is doubting them. Now they get to prove us wrong and I think they will do just that.

Canes win 38-17

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just re-watched the APP ST game and both teams were laying the lumber on the tackles they made, it was a very physical game by both sides. App St is not chopped liver, they have played top teams and fear no one. We are not as good as we expected but we also are not as bad as the score Saturday. I am anxious to see how we perform against Mich St.
In reference to the Bama game, Lashlee's offense is a hurry up offense and to be effective requires getting plays off quickly. The officials and all the commercials seemed to nullify that aspect of his offense, especially when we tried to hurry and get set on the failed TD try. I hope we do not have Big 10 officials again.

Advertisement
Don’t underestimate the power of confidence. As I said before winning ugly and realizing your performance wasn’t good enough is different mentally then losing ugly and realizing you weren’t good enough. I think this team DOES have something to prove and I really believe they want to.

And the moon phase of course
Lmao it’s a different kind of heat here in Miami. Not sure how difficult it’s going to be to be outside Saturday morning. We’ll see if a team from Michigan, where it’s literally becoming fall, is ready for a hot summers day. It tends to wear on the physically weak. I’m hoping they fit the bill. It can kick your *** if you’re not used to it.

Advertisement
I just re-watched the APP ST game and both teams were laying the lumber on the tackles they made, it was a very physical game by both sides. App St is not chopped liver, they have played top teams and fear no one. We are not as good as we expected but we also are not as bad as the score Saturday. I am anxious to see how we perform against Mich St.
In reference to the Bama game, Lashlee's offense is a hurry up offense and to be effective requires getting plays off quickly. The officials and all the commercials seemed to nullify that aspect of his offense, especially when we tried to hurry and get set on the failed TD try. I hope we do not have Big 10 officials again.
What?????....What Lumber did we lay??....Jesus H Christ...are you really blaming commercials in ref to our offensive offense??

As someone who has said multiple times “I think this is the week we really see the team step up and dominate”….I think this is just another week where our team plays sloppy and we maybe eek out a win.

We’ll all be back here next week shïtting on each other because of Manny’s incompetence. Canes 27-26.

Is this really a hurry up offense. I know it is supposed to be but numerous time I have seen the play clock go below ten before we snapped the ball in these first 2 games. Just does not seem as advertised to me

Advertisement
I noticed that, the timing was impeccable; I saw other occult **** going on too. I told ‘em it’s bigger than just football and especially obvious in big games. But the smaller teams have a blueprint as well. It’s very simple, hold all day because it won’t be called and fake injuries to rest and throw off the rhythm.

MKUltra in Hollywood

Advertisement
Back