Board Experts James Williams

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
Dude is huge.

There’s no way this guy stays at Safety is there?

He would make an incredible LB with his measurables

How fast is he really? Anyone got a 40 time? Looks like a long strider.

Advertisement
He can play in the box. It actually might help our run D and eliminate the lack of size.

Advertisement
5B25F286-6A81-4C7E-815F-76EFB844AB08.jpeg

His best potential is in the same role as these athletic freakish types, being a Hybrid that lines up all over the field.

Even D$‘s Derwin James comp still fits with this philosophy because Derwin had over 200 snaps at LB & CB in college.

Basically, use JW as a multifaceted Defensive weapon, keeping him at just Safety IMO doesn’t utilize his ability to the fullest.

His position should be DEFENSE & his assignment should be EVERYTHING.

Makes no sense to have a talented freak athlete & debilitate him by just playing in him the Deep third.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 137909

His best potential is in the same role as these athletic freakish types, being a Hybrid that lines up all over the field.

Even D$‘s Derwin James comp still fits with this philosophy because Derwin had over 200 snaps at LB & CB in college.

Basically, use JW as a multifaceted Defensive weapon, keeping him at just Safety IMO doesn’t utilize his ability to the fullest.

His position should DEFENSE & his assignment should be EVERYTHING.

Makes no sense to have a talented freak athlete & debilitate him by just playing in him the Deep third.

Exactly bruh. I clearly remember Derwin James making splash plays at DE. Guys like these are SPECIAL weapons that can be used anywhere at anytime, given the situation. You can get really creative and think outside of the box schematically with these types. Raw tools wise, his ceiling is higher than every freak you mentioned imo...

Exactly bruh. I clearly remember Derwin James making splash plays at DE. Guys like these are SPECIAL weapons that can be used anywhere at anytime, given the situation. You can get really creative and think outside of the box schematically with these types. Raw tools wise, his ceiling is higher than every freak you mentioned imo...
Amari Carter is good when we line him up blitzing over the Center and on an overload off the edge. He even slides down and plays some LB

I think James excels in a similar role and plays it 10x better than Carter.

Advertisement
He’s a Swiss Army knife if developed & utilized properly.

The different looks you can run with him in pre snap alignments would make him a nightmare for offenses to account for.

We just need to find a **** DC that actually knows what to do with a talent like this lol.

Advertisement
View attachment 137909

His position should be DEFENSE & his assignment should be EVERYTHING.

Derwin got a lot of snaps as a true Edge as well. That is James Williams' role. I just hope the staff, whoever it is that coaches him, is smart enough to realize this kid can literally play 9 positions on the field and they allow him to do a little bit of everything.

Looked at his film, yes he’s a freak for his size but too slow for DB. Reminds me of Rousseau - played safety and WR in HS and then became a super athletic DE here. Williams is battling to stay 218 lbs, that won’t last long. He’ll quickly be up to 230-240 here. My hunch is UM is telling him what he wants to hear (safety) but after he struggles to keep up with the speed/quickness at DB, will push him to play DE. Hence why they didn’t pursue another DE in this class.

He’s a Swiss Army knife if developed & utilized properly.

The different looks you can run with him in pre snap alignments would make him a nightmare for offenses to account for.

We just need to find a **** DC that actually knows what to do with a talent like this lol.
We need to bring in a guy like muschamp, he'll bring legit coaches with him who know how to get after it on defense. Guy isn't built to be a head coach but nobody can deny his success as a dc

Advertisement
Back