Board Experts James Williams

What is “our” scheme? Lol.

Derwin Jane’s was fast enough for any scheme.

If Willians runs a 4.6 - 4.7 then he’s too slow for safety. At that speed he compares more favorably with Nasirildeen who I think is mediocre and low impact.
Whats with the FSU obsession? All the safeties in the world that you could choose from and you choose those two? That you Blackvern? Did you forget to switch accounts?

Advertisement
But he was still UNDER 4.6

Ed Reeds don’t grow on trees. He’s more exception to the rule.
Ed Reed ran 4.57 - that's 3 / 100th of a second below 4.6. If you think that is significant, then you're just mistaken.

And saying Ed is the exception to the rule is just ducking the issue. If the greatest safety ever essentially ran a 4.6, you sound pretty ridiculous for saying 4.6 is too slow for safety. Our recruiting standard isn't be better than Ed Reed. It's be effective playing the position at UM.

Ed Reed ran 4.57 - that's 3 / 100th of a second below 4.6. If you think that is significant, then you're just mistaken.

And saying Ed is the exception to the rule is just ducking the issue. If the greatest safety ever essentially ran a 4.6, you sound pretty ridiculous for saying 4.6 is too slow for safety. Our recruiting standard isn't be better than Ed Reed. It's be effective playing the position at UM.

No. The exception to the rule is a 4.6 space safety. What the board was saying was that he runs 4.6 , 4.7 so we are not talking 3/100. That type of speed ends you up at LB in the NFL like Armstrong

There are plenty of 4.6 box safeties. They are usually in the 3-4 scheme.

we don’t run that scheme.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We need to bring in a guy like muschamp, he'll bring legit coaches with him who know how to get after it on defense. Guy isn't built to be a head coach but nobody can deny his success as a dc
Totally agree. If a guy with his pedigree came here and turned this D into a machine again, he would be a HC in no time. We could have one of his younger assistants step into the DC role when he takes another gig. Let’s be honest, he’s not going to be a coordinator for ever.

What is “our” scheme? Lol.

Derwin Jane’s was fast enough for any scheme.

If Willians runs a 4.6 - 4.7 then he’s too slow for safety. At that speed he compares more favorably with Nasirildeen who I think is mediocre and low impact.
Check Jaquan Johnson's speed. Also im quite sure Gurvan Hall is around that number. That speed isnt too slow for a safety at all. Especially a kid around 220 pounds.

Our scheme is a heavy cover 3 scheme.

james williams is a free safety and allen bailey is a middle linebacker

wiiiiiiink

Advertisement
He's a safety that has the range to cover the center field sideline to sideline, with the ability and aggression to play near line of scrimmage in run support and cover tight ends along with clogging passing lanes with tremendous length

Totally agree. If a guy with his pedigree came here and turned this D into a machine again, he would be a HC in no time. We could have one of his younger assistants step into the DC role when he takes another gig. Let’s be honest, he’s not going to be a coordinator for ever.
Or maybe he would just accept the fact he is an elite DC and isn't cut out to be a hc

whats with the hard on with James Williams speed? When was the last time he was timed? Also, acting as if he has no chance at getting faster as he gets in a S&C program. Weird *** assumptions.

Advertisement
View attachment 137909

His best potential is in the same role as these athletic freakish types, being a Hybrid that lines up all over the field.

Even D$‘s Derwin James comp still fits with this philosophy because Derwin had over 200 snaps at LB & CB in college.

Basically, use JW as a multifaceted Defensive weapon, keeping him at just Safety IMO doesn’t utilize his ability to the fullest.

His position should be DEFENSE & his assignment should be EVERYTHING.

Makes no sense to have a talented freak athlete & debilitate him by just playing in him the Deep third.

In other words...he’s perfect for the striker position lol.

No. The exception to the rule is a 4.6 space safety. What the board was saying was that he runs 4.6 , 4.7 so we are not talking 3/100. That type of speed ends you up at LB in the NFL like Armstrong

There are plenty of 4.6 box safeties. They are usually in the 3-4 scheme.

we don’t run that scheme.

By your own link, the average NFL safety runs a 4.55.

That's the NFL. And guys who have been trained to run properly, developed in S&C, etc.

You're trying to use that to contend we shouldn't be recruiting HS kids at S who run 4.6-4.7, who many not even have been trained to run properly?

You wanna rethink this?

Advertisement
By your own link, the average NFL safety runs a 4.55.

That's the NFL. And guys who have been trained to run properly, developed in S&C, etc.

You're trying to use that to contend we shouldn't be recruiting HS kids at S who run 4.6-4.7, who many not even have been trained to run properly?

You wanna rethink this?
No. You just want to argue to defend the idea of Williams being a safety. You now that good 4.6 safeties are few and far between especially on winning squads.

Let’s lay money down that in 4 years when he’s in the league he will be a LB.

I’ll still be here.

No. You just want to argue to defend the idea of Williams being a safety. You now that good 4.6 safeties are few and far between especially on winning squads.

Let’s lay money down that in 4 years when he’s in the league he will be a LB.

I’ll still be here.
LMAO @ your interweb bet approach to backing out. I never said he'd be a S in 4 years. He's obviously a tweener. I made no prediction. I simply pointed out that you're wrong about your speed comments in terms of safety recruiting. Which you are.

LMAO @ your interweb bet approach to backing out. I never said he'd be a S in 4 years. He's obviously a tweener. I made no prediction. I simply pointed out that you're wrong about your speed comments in terms of safety recruiting. Which you are.

So $100. You in or what?

He’s a Swiss Army knife if developed & utilized properly.

The different looks you can run with him in pre snap alignments would make him a nightmare for offenses to account for.

We just need to find a **** DC that actually knows what to do with a talent like this lol.
If Baker's here, I see another Rousseau situation on our hands - sitting on the bench and the fans pointing out that there's no way he should be on the bench. Then when the staff plays him, he looks like a man amongst boys.

Advertisement
Back