Board Discussion: QB recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a feeling we’ll be taking a grad transfer QB. Especially if King has a great year.

I can see Davis falling in love with Miami, especially if King has a great year in the new offense. At first glance, they look like very similar football players. Plus, we've recently been moving into Texas for recruits. Also, he was teammates with Corey Flagg. Knowing that Miami has a Senior QB and two QB's that will be gone after next year. His competition here isn't the strongest. I'd imagine Lashlee would rather have a Davis type QB over TVD or Matocha. VT never made sense and Auburn has Bo Nix for 3 more years. Miami makes the most sense in my opinion.

We haven't had a good QB since Dorsey. Our bad coaching and bad offenses didn't help. Morris and Kaaya were serviceable. But this was once QBU. We had Kelly, Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson and Torretta in sequence. 1 Hall of Famer, 2 Heismans and 3 guys who won National Titles.

With QBs, it's truly about evaluations, development, scheme and team. We need leaders. Not future HOFers but capable guys. Walsh, Erickson or Dorsey would look great out there. Torretta too.

brock berlin his senior year was really good.

There have been a lot of Auburn CB’s rolling in today, including from the VT guy, Matej Sis.

Advertisement
QBs commit early so they can focus on their seasons or graduating early. Most don’t move later on so if your hoping that things will change when the season starts then bring those hopes down. We’re better off taking a QB like Braxton and bringing on JT because no QB on the market right now not named Davis is going to compete for this job next year because they’re projects. Even McLaughlin is a project.

I can see Davis falling in love with Miami, especially if King has a great year in the new offense. At first glance, they look like very similar football players. Plus, we've recently been moving into Texas for recruits. Also, he was teammates with Corey Flagg. Knowing that Miami has a Senior QB and two QB's that will be gone after next year. His competition here isn't the strongest. I'd imagine Lashlee would rather have a Davis type QB over TVD or Matocha. VT never made sense and Auburn has Bo Nix for 3 more years. Miami makes the most sense in my opinion.

There you go again, Mr. C, applying logic! But I like it. And don't forget King and Davis are close friends. King, Flagg and Davis. OMG!

Advertisement
I'm not opposed to taking a transfer who sits and then competes with Van Dyke, Perry, and Martell if those two are still around come 2021.

Advertisement
It's a dumb decision by him... He's just going to end up trying to transfer. Bo Nix is going to be the starter at Auburn for the next 3 years which means Davis wont have a chance to play until his 3rd season in college.
At most he'd be sitting behind Nix for two years, more than likely with today's landscape only one season.

giphy (4).gif

Advertisement
Back