Board Discussion: QB recruiting

I agree with you. When Wright had time to throw he was pretty good. At that point our coaching staff was their in body only. Wright did not have the support that Dorsey did. I think the world of Dorsey but Wright would have put up big numbers with the Oline Dorsey had. I don't think he was overrated at all. He came in at the beginning of our sh*t show.

Wright may have not been a leader but Miami never looked to the QB as a leader. It was always a guy like Reed, Morgan, Moss, and Irvin to name a few. I know we saw Dorsey yell on the sidelines a few times but guys like Ed Reed helped to lead that Championship team. The difference again is the fact that Wright was on teams that didn't have the Alpha male. No accountability.

Yeah....it's like when you watched Patrick Ramsay with the Redskins under Spurrier's fun-n-gun experiment in the pros. He took some ******* brutal sacks once defenses realized they could get to him quick and that poor guy was never the same. I remember sacks where it seemed 3-4 d-lineman could argue for the credit.

Again, not saying Kyle didn't lose his confidence and poise...that was on him, but he was hearing feet. You could tell after a while, and it was more obvious live...the feet got ancy and the accuracy and timing was off..

Advertisement
KW was not just a camp warrior, he earned his "high rating" from what he did against lessor competition at the high school level.

What he became at the college level also had to do with coaching and what surrounded him.

We can agree to disagree, but I think it was like Ryan Leaf from college to NFL, or maybe what Tua will experience from Alabama to Dolphins or Tim Coach to the Browns. He didn't take many sacks in high school...and when our OL faltered, he got shook. When a QB loses confidence and technique due to expecting to be hit....guess what is lost? lol...yep...instincts and poise. So....his fault too? absolutely....but like Tim Couch "lucking out and going to the Browns out of college, Wright just didn't have the time he needed. His fault for not overcoming, I'm just saying the kid had talent.

Forgot who said it before camps, but that he could throw a football threw a car wash without it getting wet. Watching his film too..."instincts and poise" under pressure did not seem to be missings. EVERYTHING seemed to collapse on him at UM, including a decent pocket.

UM

Fun Fact, Tim Couch is not a Butch Davis fan.

Advertisement
Sorry, he was just terrible. No instincts, no poise. The excuses made by UM fans are absurd. It’s denial. Jacory, morris, kaaya all were much better than wright. Berlin was better. KW was a camp warrior who looked perfect in shorts a la Art Sitkowski, and who also like Art was not good at making decisions under pressure. And hence he was not a good Qb.

I will never understand why fans can’t trust their own eyes. So what if Wright was highly rated. He wasn’t good, the rating was wrong, and our eval was wrong. It happens.
Agreed.

Sure, Wright would have performed ‘better’ with same surrounding talent Dorsey enjoyed. But Wright did not have the intangibles Kenny has that made the 2000-2002 offenses hum. The talent would have supported Wright whereas Dorsey leadership and decision making complimented the talent.

Advertisement
Deion's son a year ago went to USC EAST. Deion says hes looking for a college gig in the coming years. I dont know what Noel Devine has to do with this?

I was just making a joke about deion being involved with a UM recruit .....the last one i can remember was Noel Devine.

Agreed.

Sure, Wright would have performed ‘better’ with same surrounding talent Dorsey enjoyed. But Wright did not have the intangibles Kenny has that made the 2000-2002 offenses hum. The talent would have supported Wright whereas Dorsey leadership and decision making complimented the talent.
Kyle Wright couldn’t even properly beat out Kirby Freeman on that team! What else need be said? Kyle Wright was an awful QB. No offense to him, prkbably a great guy. But not even a decent Qb. People who blame his ineptitude on others are delusional, IMO.

KW was not just a camp warrior, he earned his "high rating" from what he did against lessor competition at the high school level.

What he became at the college level also had to do with coaching and what surrounded him.

We can agree to disagree, but I think it was like Ryan Leaf from college to NFL, or maybe what Tua will experience from Alabama to Dolphins or Tim Coach to the Browns. He didn't take many sacks in high school...and when our OL faltered, he got shook. When a QB loses confidence and technique due to expecting to be hit....guess what is lost? lol...yep...instincts and poise. So....his fault too? absolutely....but like Tim Couch "lucking out and going to the Browns out of college, Wright just didn't have the time he needed. His fault for not overcoming, I'm just saying the kid had talent.

Forgot who said it before camps, but that he could throw a football threw a car wash without it getting wet. Watching his film too..."instincts and poise" under pressure did not seem to be missings. EVERYTHING seemed to collapse on him at UM, including a decent pocket.

UM
Sorry, I could not disagree more. Whatever he could do in shorts, or in Hs, he was a terrible college QB and could barely beat out Kirby Freeman for crying out loud. Also, blaming the OL for all his sacks is unfair. He had awful pocket instincts. Not just fear. He’d wind up moving to the wrong place over and over, and bring on sacks to himself. Then he’d duck his head rather than dump the ball. It’s unpleasant just remembering it all.

Advertisement
QBs are the least likely to flip. The normally commit early and are solid in their pledges historically. Us having a big season won’t open up 2021 QBs IMO.

It will have us in the radar for the 2022 and beyond kids for sure.

I was just making a joke about deion being involved with a UM recruit .....the last one i can remember was Noel Devine.

Oh ok. Noel Devine didnt even go to wvu and i dont remember if he stayed with deion long...but he had a good college career.
Deion's kid seem to move to their own beat. I use to watch a reality show of his and they were always different in comparison to deion. The one who just went to South Carolina was to me less talented than the current qb in this class.

Optics wise it wouldnt be too bad...Deion's kid has some pull and would bring us some tx kids from his team...also wheel in some s.fla guys and kill fsu's fan base at the same time. (even though fsu already has their qb).

To me in this class we need a developmental guy or jt daniels. Deion son looks like he has the prerequisite tools to atleast compete for awhile here.

Advertisement

I don't understand why Lashlee isn't going for this guy. He has to know of him. ****, it even says he was his recruiter at SMU. :mad:

I don't understand why Lashlee isn't going for this guy. He has to know of him. ****, it even says he was his recruiter at SMU. :mad:
His dad is an enormous SMU donor

Advertisement
Back