Blustein has Jaquan Johnson as No. 1 HS player in So. FL

Advertisement
Honestly, I think we get 3-4 from that list and that's it. Outside chance of 5. There's only so many DBs were gonna take.

Honestly, I think we get 3-4 from that list and that's it. Outside chance of 5. There's only so many DBs were gonna take.

3 is a good number unless we have a crazy successful season....in which case we get more than double that amount.

Advertisement
Looking at that list and being completely honest I see no reason why we don't pull 6-7 off of that list. The kids I see the best shot at are Johnson, Irvin, SBB, Ridley, Cronkrite, Causey and Sheppard. Cole is another strong candidate as well.

We lose 3 corners (TH3, Gunter, Crawford) in 2 years (maybe sooner if TH3 bounces early). So that leaves us with Hope, Dortch, Artie, Corn and Mayes. 3 projects and 2 potential studs. I bet we take 3 corners this year for that reason alone.

At safety, we lose Bush and Jenkins after 2015. After that, we have Carter (Sr), Hester (Jr), Gayot (Jr). I think we need like 3 or 4 safeties...maybe one that can play slot corner. I can see us grabbing 5-6 DBs this class easy.

Advertisement
Beast Beast Beast.......But Safety position would be already loaded...do we need him?

258.gif

Advertisement
From the top 10, Give me

1. Jaquan
4. Ridley
5. Burgess-Becker
8. Cole
9. Irvin
10. K. McFadden

I do think we will and we can land these 6 I listed.

2. Scarlett - FSU or sticks FAU

3. Gibson - With a great season maybe, but I see OSU or Auburn

6. Phillips - i think he follows his boys Cook and Brewton to FSU

7. T. McFadden - FSU or LSU, maybe with a great season and if Gibson comes here, he comes. But I stick with FSU or LSU for him.

Cronkrite should be in top 10. Scarlett rated a little too high.

Ridley, should be #2.

Jaquan, I agree on at #1. Seen him play for a long time. He is truly a rare player.

Not going into detail but I would rate the list in a different order. The whole list.

But my top 10.

1. Jaquan Johnson
2. Calvin Ridley
3. Torrance Gibson
4. Shawn Burgess-Becker
5. Da'Vante Phillips
6. Tarvarus McFadden
7. Tyrek Cole
8. Tim Irvin
9. Jordan Cronkrite
10. Kendrell McFadden

Yes I left off Scarlett. My reason being. His drop off from his sophomore to junior year. If he has a better senior campaign I would put him back in my top 10.

Cronkrite is in because of the **** of a season he had, same height and weight as Scarlett, faster and plays multiple positions and averaged 11 a carry, astronomical numbers.

Pending on their senior seasons. Might push up Burgess-Becker, and Cronkrite higher on my top 10.

Last edited:
um, good list , but why isnt Fenton - CB from carol city up there?
That boy is legit!
pete mentioned last time and after seen multiple film on him, im jumpimg on the wagon!
must get IMO.

Advertisement
But my top 10.

1. Jaquan Johnson
2. Calvin Ridley
3. Torrance Gibson
4. Shawn Burgess-Becker
5. Da'Vante Phillips
6. Tarvarus McFadden
7. Tyrek Cole
8. Tim Irvin
9. Jordan Cronkrite
10. Kendrell McFadden

Good list but I have Cole over McFadden by a good distance. McFadden may end up being a good safety (never seen him play there) but he got beat very often at corner.

I'd also have Scarlett or Fenton somewhere in there.

But my top 10.

1. Jaquan Johnson
2. Calvin Ridley
3. Torrance Gibson
4. Shawn Burgess-Becker
5. Da'Vante Phillips
6. Tarvarus McFadden
7. Tyrek Cole
8. Tim Irvin
9. Jordan Cronkrite
10. Kendrell McFadden

Good list but I have Cole over McFadden by a good distance. McFadden may end up being a good safety (never seen him play there) but he got beat very often at corner.

I'd also have Scarlett or Fenton somewhere in there.

I have T McFadden over Cole for his ability to play safety too and size. I do think Cole is the better pure cover corner.

Fenton would be just right outside of my top 10. Very good, great senior season might land him in mine.

Scarlett I explained. His drop off from sophomore to junior year. Great senior season lands him back in. He's just right outside of my top 10 too.

I only revamped the top 10. Guys I would put higher on that whole list would be Fenton, D. Davis, Durante, Peete, Clarington, L. Brown, Arnette.

Would move up Sands, Picket-white and emonee spence pending on their camps and senior season.

One last thing I noticed. Bluestein forgot to put DeAndre Baker on his list.

I do like T. McFadden, Cole, Fenton, Causey, D. Davis and especially Arnette a lot. But Baker should be on the list, McGee is and he is very raw. Unless I missed it, Baker isn't on the list at all?

Shaq Wilson and Khalil Lewis should be higher too.

Last edited:
The recruiting databases' obsession with physical traits and triangle numbers is gonna burn them again. 247sports has Jaquan as the #21 player in Florida...TWENTY ONE. Jaquan is a no-brainer 5* and that much has been evident since his 1st year of HS, maybe even before that, smh. How can these recruiting sites not have a pulse on the biggest recruiting hotbed in the world? So sick of these pathetic jock-sniffing journalists that claim to be scouts and evaluators just because they ogle some kids in shorts at a camp/combine.

Advertisement
Back