Blustein has Jaquan Johnson as No. 1 HS player in So. FL

The recruiting databases' obsession with physical traits and triangle numbers is gonna burn them again. 247sports has Jaquan as the #21 player in Florida...TWENTY ONE. Jaquan is a no-brainer 5* and that much has been evident since his 1st year of HS, maybe even before that, smh. How can these recruiting sites not have a pulse on the biggest recruiting hotbed in the world? So sick of these pathetic jock-sniffing journalists that claim to be scouts and evaluators just because they ogle some kids in shorts at a camp/combine.

After the camps, opening and the all star games. They won't miss it. Jaquan is can't miss. Been all-dade since the first year he stepped onto Killian. Seen him play live and his tapes, let me say.... Kid deserves 6 stars. His impact is so big to his team. Special player and great leader, always around the ball in every way whether offense or defense.

Guys I see possibly getting 5 stars from the list. Jaquan, Gibson, Burgess-Becker.

Maybe Phillips or Cronkrite or Scarlett could land a 5th star too.

Back to Jaquan though, rare a guy like him comes around. Dominated since day one. Should be the #1 priority in 2015. It's something about him that he draws other guys to him, they want to play with him because of his ability and for him as if he was a great coach. He rallies his team around him and very very vocal and he lets his play back it up.

Probably early to say but I see Ed Reed all over again in Jaquan, play style, attitude, and a true leader. Kid will be a leader day one at Coral Gables.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My only reservation about Jaquan last summer was that injury. That can be a career killer. The fact that he came back from it and played the way he did tells me everything I needed to know.

My only reservation about Jaquan last summer was that injury. That can be a career killer. The fact that he came back from it and played the way he did tells me everything I needed to know.

That did concern me too, but he came back strong. Kid is unreal.

To add one more thing. One of my favorites for 2015 is Damon Arnette. I think he really blows up after camps and the season. Love this kid.

Advertisement
D$, is 2015 as deep as 2014? Aside from the DL and OL or as Power3tBuckeye would say, the tr3enches.

Beast Beast Beast.......But Safety position would be already loaded...do we need him?

258.gif

LOL, just seeing who we are getting in and who we have. It might be a position of depth. We don't play a bandit or som'in lik that

Yup, that´s just how the pros approach recruiting.....

Gibson #3?

Larry done lost it.

Nobody knows South Florida recruiting like Larry !! Unlike the majority of us and analyst who watch highlights he actually goes to the games and watches these kids and the impact they have on games. He is as credible as anybody covering SF and I agree with his list. Gibson right now is very raw! He is a 5 star because of his potential and athleticism . He can either be a boom or bust. Jaquan Johnson deserves to be number 1 for the impact he has on games . Has that Tebow effect where he can motivate his entire team and put them on his back and will them to victory wether it be on offense or defense. Big time prospect and a must have for us this cycle!!

Goes to the games but doesn't know what he's looking at.

Referees go to alot of games. Maybe we should get their opinions too. Maybe they can become recruiting gurus.

D$ goes to a lot of the games, too, and he has no idea what he's talking about. :emothg:

Advertisement
The recruiting databases' obsession with physical traits and triangle numbers is gonna burn them again. 247sports has Jaquan as the #21 player in Florida...TWENTY ONE. Jaquan is a no-brainer 5* and that much has been evident since his 1st year of HS, maybe even before that, smh. How can these recruiting sites not have a pulse on the biggest recruiting hotbed in the world? So sick of these pathetic jock-sniffing journalists that claim to be scouts and evaluators just because they ogle some kids in shorts at a camp/combine.

After the camps, opening and the all star games. They won't miss it. Jaquan is can't miss. Been all-dade since the first year he stepped onto Killian. Seen him play live and his tapes, let me say.... Kid deserves 6 stars. His impact is so big to his team. Special player and great leader, always around the ball in every way whether offense or defense.

Guys I see possibly getting 5 stars from the list. Jaquan, Gibson, Burgess-Becker.

Maybe Phillips or Cronkrite or Scarlett could land a 5th star too.

Back to Jaquan though, rare a guy like him comes around. Dominated since day one. Should be the #1 priority in 2015. It's something about him that he draws other guys to him, they want to play with him because of his ability and for him as if he was a great coach. He rallies his team around him and very very vocal and he lets his play back it up.

Probably early to say but I see Ed Reed all over again in Jaquan, play style, attitude, and a true leader. Kid will be a leader day one at Coral Gables.

Don't disagree with anything you said, but I'd add that the reason Jaquan is going to get downplayed somewhat in the eyes of scouts and recruiting services is because of "scouting combine" bias.

I'll take the football player over the combine king every day, though, obviously.

Gibson #3?

Larry done lost it.

Nobody knows South Florida recruiting like Larry !! Unlike the majority of us and analyst who watch highlights he actually goes to the games and watches these kids and the impact they have on games. He is as credible as anybody covering SF and I agree with his list. Gibson right now is very raw! He is a 5 star because of his potential and athleticism . He can either be a boom or bust. Jaquan Johnson deserves to be number 1 for the impact he has on games . Has that Tebow effect where he can motivate his entire team and put them on his back and will them to victory wether it be on offense or defense. Big time prospect and a must have for us this cycle!!

Goes to the games but doesn't know what he's looking at.

Referees go to alot of games. Maybe we should get their opinions too. Maybe they can become recruiting gurus.

D$ goes to a lot of the games, too, and he has no idea what he's talking about. :emothg:

I stole all my notes from Yany.

Jaquan Johnson is the most important recruit in this class for various reasons. Elite athlete AND football player. Get him and the dominoes will start falling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back