Blue Chip Ratio

I don’t think it’s one ams the same at all.

As between a 3* kid and a 4* kid, I say take the better one based on your (hopefully good) evals. Do not just tale the higher rated one.

if you evaluate well, eventually you’ll win more and have higher rated kids as options. Your recruits will also get ratings bumps because sites will see you as good at evaluating. Evals drove winning and winning drives the blue chip ration. It’s the tail, not the dog.
Yea, but I’m not saying pick the 4 star over the the 3 star because of the ratings. You have to pick the right kids. If you pick Greg Rousseau and Tutu Atwell when you have a chance over Gemon Eaford and Marquez Ezzard, then obviously your team will be better. Like I said, blue chip ratio is an appetizer convo not the main course.

Advertisement
Top 5
Saban
Dabo
Jimbo
Day
Fitzgerald
Chryst
Lincoln
Gundy
Mack
Mullen
All of those are better coaches than Kirby. Kirby sucks because he has VASTLY underperformed my man, but go ahead and keep on slurping a loser who has made coaching decisions to lose his team the game in BIG GAMES. Maybe you think beating the **** out of sorry SEC east teams and making it to an SEC title game with 80% blue chip ratio for about 5 years is a good accomplishment. That is actually the definition of doing less with more. But maybe you're just dumb and can't understand it.

You make it seem like UGA was some kind of dormant team under CMR and you make it sound like they had no talent and Kirby lifted them out of the doledrums. Who's the fuggin moron who doesn't watch any college football now. I bet when Kirby took over he had a top 10 roster. Think about when he took UGA to the title game and **** down his leg. Who were the running backs on that team? Who were the dbacks and DL on that team. Who recruited those players? Lets see if you're smart enough to have the answer

And he is a corch because with amazing players, a real coach would have closed out 1 of the games that mattered, but hey lets crown someone because they went to the title game and got smashed up, lets crown him because he got close. What a loser.
How many conference titles did CMR win at UGA? How many appearances?? With a generational talent at QB and RB and WR. Thing is, nobody is duplicating what Saban has at Bama. That’s UGAs new standard. It’s a unreasonable one.

As for your top 5 u got 2 coaches who took over top programs. UGA was never that under CMR. Lol u point out he had CMR players then praise day and Lincoln for literally taking over top tier programs..neither have titles and each in weaker conferences. Ppl always thought uga could be much more given the talent in GA....again calling any coach with a 55-14 record, a natty appearance, a title in the toughest conference a top 10 finish every year including this one with no QB..it’s silly

I’m not a huge fan of worrying about being 50% or higher because the teams that win championships are like 70% or higher the past few years. As for a smaller roster improving your ratio that’s true but I don’t think that happens. What coach is intentionally staying under 85 because they want a higher blue chip ratio? That doesn’t happen.
Really what I think it’s good for is it’s the best objective way to compare your roster to others.
Don’t disagree. i wasn’t saying a coach would intentionally do that, i was just noting that the ratio isn’t sufficiently punitive of under-filled rosters. Because that’s been one of our big deficiencies recently. So people might be a bit deceived by our rating, or otherwise put it may be too high relative to the empty seats.

Don’t disagree. i wasn’t saying a coach would intentionally do that, i was just noting that the ratio isn’t sufficiently punitive of under-filled rosters. Because that’s been one of our big deficiencies recently. So people might be a bit deceived by our rating, or otherwise put it may be too high relative to the empty seats.
That might have been true last year but this season with almost everybody coming back we have 89 scholarships right now. So our raw number of blue chips is 46 probably the highest it’s been in a while.

Advertisement
I'm not gonna go into all the details on this board, nor am I by any means a conspiracy theorist. There are tremendous, tremendous inconsistencies/issues surrounding the death. Including the amount of heroin found in his bloodstream, the landing spot of the shotgun shell, and the highly questionable ability of Cobain to pull the trigger while it was in his mouth (he was like 5'6). His shoes were on when he died, so he couldn't have pulled it with his feet.

He also was on record multiple times before he died saying Courtney Love was trying to kill him. And that ***** is about 50x more evil than Skylar White and Cersei Lannister combined.

Oh good lord, how ridiculous.

Kurt Cobain had lifelong health issues and physical pain, long before he ever met Courtney Love. Kurt was depressed for much of his life, as evidenced in his journals and writing, long before he met Courtney Love. Kurt used a wide variety of drugs in his lifetime, and was addicted to heroin before he ever dated Courtney Love. Kurt attempted suicide multiple times in his life before succeeding. Kurt left a suicide note in his own handwriting, addressed to his childhood imaginary friend.

But, yeah, "the landing spot of the shotgun shell". And Courtney was a "*****". Let's forget the fact that Kurt co-wrote Courtney's best music and pretend that Courtney killed Kurt to gain control over that massive 3-album Nirvana library and publishing rights. Yeah.

It's amazing that wack-jobs can ignore the well-known and plentiful examples of people who suffer from lifelong pain, depression, and drug use...and refuse to believe that a person suffering from such might consider suicide...and then pin all of their theories on a few pieces of physical evidence that do not fit into a neat storyline.

Insanity.

How many conference titles did CMR win at UGA? How many appearances?? With a generational talent at QB and RB and WR. Thing is, nobody is duplicating what Saban has at Bama. That’s UGAs new standard. It’s a unreasonable one.

As for your top 5 u got 2 coaches who took over top programs. UGA was never that under CMR. Lol u point out he had CMR players then praise day and Lincoln for literally taking over top tier programs..neither have titles and each in weaker conferences. Ppl always thought uga could be much more given the talent in GA....again calling any coach with a 55-14 record, a natty appearance, a title in the toughest conference a top 10 finish every year including this one with no QB..it’s silly
CMR won 2 titles, was at the 5 yard line when time ran out about to beat Bama for a third and a chance to play for a natty. He also had to deal with Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer led Florida teams. Do you watch any other football or know anything about football the last 25 years? Doesn't appear so with your quetsions.

Riley has actually taken OK higher than what they were under stoops, i'll give you Day

You giving a guy in year 6 the benefit of the doubt that he had a great team without a QB silly isn't it? Whose job is it to find the QB? Whose job is it to hire the offensive staff? And actually whose decisions led UGA to be without a competent QB? I believe they had one only Kirby ****ed it up and the kid played in the title game for OSU.

The only hard games on their scheudle is Auburn/FL every year and both of them have been down for the last 5 years. Real tough to make the SEC title game when your scheduled to play, Vandy, UT, Mizzou, SCAR, kentucky, down FL, down Auburn and 1 more cross over game. Its not real hard to finish top 10 when you play that schedule, plus 4 cupcake *** non conference games like Murray State/Umass/enter **** school here and oh yea GA Tech.

CMR won 2 titles, was at the 5 yard line when time ran out about to beat Bama for a third and a chance to play for a natty. He also had to deal with Steve Spurrier and Urban Meyer led Florida teams. Do you watch any other football or know anything about football the last 25 years? Doesn't appear so with your quetsions.

Riley has actually taken OK higher than what they were under stoops, i'll give you Day

You giving a guy in year 6 the benefit of the doubt that he had a great team without a QB silly isn't it? Whose job is it to find the QB? Whose job is it to hire the offensive staff? And actually whose decisions led UGA to be without a competent QB? I believe they had one only Kirby ****ed it up and the kid played in the title game for OSU.

The only hard games on their scheudle is Auburn/FL every year and both of them have been down for the last 5 years. Real tough to make the SEC title game when your scheduled to play, Vandy, UT, Mizzou, SCAR, kentucky, down FL, down Auburn and 1 more cross over game. Its not real hard to finish top 10 when you play that schedule, plus 4 cupcake *** non conference games like Murray State/Umass/enter **** school here and oh yea GA Tech.

Kirby is the corch poster child.

Kurt Cobain had lifelong health issues and physical pain, long before he ever met Courtney Love. Kurt was depressed for much of his life, as evidenced in his journals and writing, long before he met Courtney Love. Kurt used a wide variety of drugs in his lifetime, and was addicted to heroin before he ever dated Courtney Love. Kurt attempted suicide multiple times in his life before succeeding. Kurt left a suicide note in his own handwriting, addressed to his childhood imaginary friend.

But, yeah, "the landing spot of the shotgun shell". And Courtney was a "*****". Let's forget the fact that Kurt co-wrote Courtney's best music and pretend that Courtney killed Kurt to gain control over that massive 3-album Nirvana library and publishing rights. Yeah.

It's amazing that wack-jobs can ignore the well-known and plentiful examples of people who suffer from lifelong pain, depression, and drug use...and refuse to believe that a person suffering from such might consider suicide...and then pin all of their theories on a few pieces of physical evidence that do not fit into a neat storyline.

Insanity.

Speaking to me as if I don't know all of these things.

Also, I don't "refuse to believe" anything. You're the one refusing to believe (or even understand) the litany of suspicious circumstances around his death. And his outright saying she was trying to kill him.

It was also well acknowledged that Kurt was much happier after Frances was born.

Wise up genius, and try showing a little respect to someone who just so happens to be more informed than you are.

You sound especially uninformed with your sarcastic comment about Nirvana's "massive 3-album library and publishing rights."

They put out five albums you unapologetic dumbass.

Advertisement
I don’t have a link but I know I’ve seen the numbers because it’s been brought up here before. In terms of draftees, the percentage rankings correlate with the star rankings.

@Empirical Cane Don't have hard data either but my understanding is ranking correlates to NFL success increasingly well since the ranking sites started in the early 2000's.

Speaking to me as if I don't know all of these things.

Also, I don't "refuse to believe" anything. You're the one refusing to believe (or even understand) the litany of suspicious circumstances around his death. And his outright saying she was trying to kill him.

It was also well acknowledged that Kurt was much happier after Frances was born.

Wise up genius, and try showing a little respect to someone who just so happens to be more informed than you are.

You sound especially uninformed with your sarcastic comment about Nirvana's "massive 3-album library and publishing rights."

They put out five albums you unapologetic dumbass.

Once again, you expose your ***-clown nature.

"Suspicious circumstances". There are none. Sadly, Kurt was in lifelong pain, depressed, and addicted to drugs. Lots of people with those kinds of problems accuse others of trying to control or harm them. Those are the least suspicious circumstances ever invented.

It's especially amusing how you try to establish that you are "more informed" than other people by claiming that Nirvana put out five albums. My point was very simple, at the time that Kurt killed himself, Nirvana had released 3 studio albums. The "motive" that Courtney had to "murder" Kurt for his future income is ridiculously small compared to what she would have stood to gain if Kurt had lived. That's the point. Not the number of total albums that Nirvana released after Kurt's death. Just pointing out the idiotic "motive" for Courtney to "murder" Kurt at the time of Kurt's suicide.

Yeah, you're sooooo concerned with "suspicious circumstances" because a shell casing wasn't where you expected it to be. There is no "litany" of "suspicious circumstances", just a bunch of nothingness whipped up into a froth by conspiracy theorists such as yourself.

Occam's Razor, motherfvcker. No matter how much you hate Courtney Love.

That might have been true last year but this season with almost everybody coming back we have 89 scholarships right now. So our raw number of blue chips is 46 probably the highest it’s been in a while.
Agreed - covid rules changed everything. Most schools probably have more than we do still, however.

Advertisement

He had a QB. The transfer from USC. Just didn’t get cleared for whatever rzn. In a shortened szn he UGA went 8-2 with a bowl win. Lots of those games with no names at QB while the awaited QB1.

As for OU, bob stoops won 10 conference titles and a natty at OU. What u seem to think is a “corch” is again silly. If you actually think what Riley has done at OU is comparable to Stoops your sadly mistaken. He hasn’t taken OU to a new level at all He’s kept the ship steady. From a coach who was 190-48. Which is to be commended but definitely not something to fall out of chair over. When u reach that success rate the only thing missing is post szn and chips. Stoops was 9-9 in bowls and it was a sense of “can this guy take us over the top”..Riley will have the same issues

now we blaming a 5 star QB who ran from comp and couldn’t wait his turn to another elite program on the HC 🤦🏾‍♂️. Whose program didn’t skip a beat without him..did Justin win a natty at OSU..exactly..nope😂

so all in all, your points aren’t valid. The names u used in comparison are very laughable. Hey maybe you don’t like the guy for whatever rzn. But you can’t deny what he’s done at UGA. A program he took over from CMR who was maybe annually a top 15 team but never got close to the pinnacle of success. They were never elite under CMR even with all the potential at that location and 💰 💰...With 2 nattys in its history ..last one in like 79. 0 BCS natty appearances..and by year 3 Kirby had them in the natty..but you call him a “corch”
😂

Advertisement
All that means to me is we can get in the 60’s in BCR I think if you’re in the mid to upper 60’s that’s enough talent to win a ship

These are raw numbers coming out of high school. They have no accountability of good/ bad coaching. A lot of our stars out of high school have had the latter .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back