Blue Chip Ratio

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
I was bored so I calculated what our blue chip ratio could be next season. Obviously guys can still transfer out and in but as it stands now we are looking at a 52% blue chip ratio when you round to the nearest %. Up from 49% last season. Was 51% Manny’s first season in 2019.
I used transfer ranking for transfers so Rambo=3 star and King=4 star. I didn’t include walk ons who got scholarships because I don’t have a full list of those guys.
52% would have us at 14th last season behind Washington and ahead of USC.

Advertisement
I was bored so I calculated what our blue chip ratio could be next season. Obviously guys can still transfer out and in but as it stands now we are looking at a 52% blue chip ratio when you round to the nearest %. Up from 49% last season. Was 51% Manny’s first season in 2019.
I used transfer ranking for transfers so Rambo=3 star and King=4 star. I didn’t include walk ons who got scholarships because I don’t have a full list of those guys.
Man the offseason has felt so long, I already forgot Rambo transferred here. Good stuff though. Let's kill it with another monster recruiting class and build this thing.
jeremiah johnson nod GIF

Matthew: (1) What's the average blue chip ratio for the top 5 teams? (2) What's the success rate (i.e. finished ranked in the top 5 teams) for those schools with the highest blue chip ratios?

Matthew: (1) What's the average blue chip ratio for the top 5 teams? (2) What's the success rate (i.e. finished ranked in the top 5 teams) for those schools with the highest blue chip ratios?
Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State are in a league of their own. All above 80% last season. Next is the 63-64 which was Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, and UF. Pretty different level of success in that group.

Advertisement
How the **** has Washington recruited so well? I lived in Seattle and the surrounding area for five years and am still in the PNW. Nobody gives a rat's *** about college football up here.

Yes, Washington alums go to games. But besides Saturdays they really don't care about the team.

Also, Seattle is full of limp-wristed pussies.

How the **** has Washington recruited so well? I lived in Seattle and the surrounding area for five years and am still in the PNW. Nobody gives a rat's *** about college football up here.

Yes, Washington alums go to games. But besides Saturdays they really don't care about the team.

I would say Seattle is more filled with over-caffeinated angst-ridden anarchist bros than limp wristed pussies

This is where gaytor Maths comes in to play. @TheOriginalCane can explain it and it only works to their benefit, but the remarkable thing is you get credit for everyone else’s 4 & 5 star transfers but no one else does.

Advertisement
I would say Seattle is more filled with over-caffeinated angst-ridden anarchist bros than limp wristed pussies

Microsoft, Amazon (and even Costco), and all the tech spinoffs, have transformed the city and surrounding region. Over-caffeinated, yes. Anarchists are a very small portion of the population. The media paints the wrong picture.

I agree with Cash that it's surprising Washington can compete for talent. College football, especially, is a social gathering not a religion.

Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State are in a league of their own. All above 80% last season. Next is the 63-64 which was Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson, and UF. Pretty different level of success in that group.

What was the class of 2021 BCR?

UW has an advantage that many schools don't have- it's a good academic school with a good football program in a major city. Chris Peterson was also incredibly underrated recruiter. UW went from being in the teens in blue chip ratio to above 50% in only a handful of years and he also developed that talent well. Maybe some fans here are too young to remember when Boise State was a giant-killer.

In terms of "what could have beens"- rumor is that Peterson was one of Miami's top candidates after Coker and even flew him to Miami for interviews, but he decided against moving out of the PNW (a big reason is that he had a sick kid and it would be tough on him). I wonder what Miami would have turned into if Peterson had decided to take the job and got hired instead of Shannon.

Advertisement
62% on the high school players

So that is a hair below the LSU, Clemson group. If we had gotten just one more of the local elite kids (Marshall, Lewis, Brooks), we would have been above them.

I'll take it for now. Means we have no excuse not to be in the ACCCG every year. And if we're in the ACCCG every year, we have no excuse not to get that incremental local elite kid to put us in position to compete for the BCS.

So that is a hair below the LSU, Clemson group. If we had gotten just one more of the local elite kids (Marshall, Lewis, Brooks), we would have been above them.

I'll take it for now. Means we have no excuse not to be in the ACCCG every year. And if we're in the ACCCG every year, we have no excuse not to get that incremental local elite kid to put us in position to compete for the BCS.
Well the difference is that was a great class for us. That’s LSUs average over the past 4 years. Need to stack classes

Advertisement
What good is a Blue Chip Ratio when you don't have a Blue Chip Coach to utilize them. GO CANES

Blue chip ratio is much of a predictor of success as literally anything else.

You simply do not win big without having one of the better ratios in the country. Good news. There's no rule that says you have to have a great team if you have a high blue chip ratio, but there absolutely is a rule that says you can't have a great team without a high blue chip ratio.

Advertisement
Back