Blue Chip Ratio

What you're saying isn't unfair, but you're also admitting it's under 2% of the population. And people in Seattle are just not like that, by and large. I moved there from NYC, which has it's own reputation, and where punk rock was born. And even though I lived and mostly hung out around the East Village, you sure weren't seeing guys in studded leather jackets on the regular. Nor was I hanging out with wise guys. It's mostly a city full of suit and tie types and stupid amounts of money.

I think you're speaking to outside perception over reality. The reality in Seattle is much closer to the Seattle freeze. People are distant, aloof and generally not affable or outgoing. And, in my experience, the guys there are mostly little boys who have no idea how to act like men, dress themselves, behave around women, bust balls or handle confrontation. It's funny you mention grunge, because the poster child for the genre, Kurt Cobain, was exactly the type of person I'm talking about. He was a soft, small, feeble person, by all accounts. And it's a big reason Courtney Love had him murdered.

I'm in Portland now, and that has a similar reputation (at present), and couldn't be further from reality. Yeah, people can be grungy and tattooed, but are mostly nice, wholesome, friendly, intelligent people. And let's be fair, people who riot are the biggest pussies on earth. They take advantage of the relative anonymity in crowds to express themselves violently because they can't stand on their own two feet otherwise.
👆a **** ton to unpack here.

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

Advertisement
Im too lazy so will ask:

What top 10 team from last season had the lowest blue chip ratio?

What team that finished outside the top 10 had the highest?
Cincinnati is the lowest of the top 10 teams. Not sure exactly where they are tho. LSU at 63% finishing I ranked is probably the worst of the top teams.

How the **** has Washington recruited so well? I lived in Seattle and the surrounding area for five years and am still in the PNW. Nobody gives a rat's *** about college football up here.

Yes, Washington alums go to games. But besides Saturdays they really don't care about the team.

Also, Seattle is full of limp-wristed pussies.
Where you at in the PNW? My fiancé and I are looking to move to that area once she’s done with NP school in a couple of years. It’s just gorgeous out there.

Cincinnati is the lowest of the top 10 teams. Not sure exactly where they are tho. LSU at 63% finishing I ranked is probably the worst of the top teams.
a very rudimentary analysis that passes the initial scratch and sniff test (I think most would agree?): Cincy did "more with less" and LSU did "less with more".

Curious, where does Coastal Carolina come. in with your review?

I keep beating the drum Joe Moglia's story has been underreported for years now... trick for the Chanticleers is to build upon foundation he set.... if he were 30 years younger, I'm convinced he would be a serious challenger to what Saban has done...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not feeling good about this upcoming class (2022) to help with our ratio. I know it's super early in recruiting but man it just feels dry as **** for us on the trail. There isn't any momentum or excitement.

How the **** has Washington recruited so well? I lived in Seattle and the surrounding area for five years and am still in the PNW. Nobody gives a rat's *** about college football up here.

Yes, Washington alums go to games. But besides Saturdays they really don't care about the team.

Also, Seattle is full of limp-wristed pussies.

UW has long had very strong recruiting ties with SoCal even long preceding the Don James era when they dominated the PAC10/12. That's not news.

As for CFB game attendance even with their daily showers and pro sports teams, UW's game attendance puts ours to shame

a very rudimentary analysis that passes the initial scratch and sniff test (I think most would agree?): Cincy did "more with less" and LSU did "less with more".

Curious, where does Coastal Carolina come. in with your review?

I keep beating the drum Joe Moglia's story has been underreported for years now... trick for the Chanticleers is to build upon foundation he set.... if he were 30 years younger, I'm convinced he would be a serious challenger to what Saban has done...
I don’t have a full database so idk where they are.

Advertisement
They are in the offs just about every year
1 time in 7 years is not "just about every year," actually it's more of an outlier than the norm.

Kirby is a puzzie who coaches not to lose and If he didn't have the best rooster money can buy he'd be a 4 loss a year coach. What big game he has won outside of Oklahoma in his lone playoff year? He had Bama on the ropes twice, once in a title game and once in the SEC title game, and both times snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. He's a corch with a very special roster.

Kirby is the definition of doing less with more. He's had the same rooster as Bama/OSU and a better rooster than LSU/Clemson, and while all of those teams have had multiple playoff appearances and 3/4 have a title to their name, Kirby still has his lone playoff appearance. stacked rooster, 1 playoff appearance

1 time in 7 years is not "just about every year," actually it's more of an outlier than the norm.

Kirby is a puzzie who coaches not to lose and If he didn't have the best rooster money can buy he'd be a 4 loss a year coach. What big game he has won outside of Oklahoma in his lone playoff year? He had Bama on the ropes twice, once in a title game and once in the SEC title game, and both times snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. He's a corch with a very special roster.

Kirby is the definition of doing less with more. He's had the same rooster as Bama/OSU and a better rooster than LSU/Clemson, and while all of those teams have had multiple playoff appearances and 3/4 have a title to their name, Kirby still has his lone playoff appearance. stacked rooster, 1 playoff appearance
Alabama..Bama..roll tide

Advertisement
Point being what?
Point being Bama ain’t going nowhere and If OSU, Clemson etc were in the SEC West with Ole Saint Nick they’d struggle to get in the CFB playoffs at the rate they do given the comp. it’s Bama, UGA, LSU coming out that conference..there a reason the CFP is the Bama invitationals

Point being Bama ain’t going nowhere and If OSU, Clemson etc were in the SEC West with Ole Saint Nick they’d struggle to get in the CFB playoffs at the rate they do given the comp. it’s Bama, UGA, LSU coming out that conference..there a reason the CFP is the Bama invitationals
Georgia is in the east, a down east at that. yet they still manage to lose games they shouldn't and **** away leads in big games against bama. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

Like i said, Clemson & LSU both have worse rosters and even if they had the same rosters they have actually beaten bama and won titles. Not to mention making multiple playoffs.

You're not doing yourself any favors in trying to prove that Kirby is something more than a corch with a great roster

Advertisement
Georgia is in the east, a down east at that. yet they still manage to lose games they shouldn't and **** away leads in big games against bama. Not sure the point you're trying to make.

Like i said, Clemson & LSU both have worse rosters and even if they had the same rosters they have actually beaten bama and won titles. Not to mention making multiple playoffs.

You're not doing yourself any favors in trying to prove that Kirby is something more than a corch with a great roster
And who built those rosters?? Majority of the job is recruiting and getting guys..with a straight face calling Kirby smart a “corch” is just the classic nonsense I come to expect on a cis message board..dude is 55-14..u sound silly

And who built those rosters?? Majority of the job is recruiting and getting guys..with a straight face calling Kirby smart a “corch” is just the classic nonsense I come to expect on a cis message board..dude is 55-14..u sound silly
I sound silly? He has one of the top 3 best rosters money can buy and he only has 1 SEC title with CMRs players. Do you think he is really some sort of "ace" recruiter or good coach? Or do they just spend to try and compete? If they had Jimbo, UGA would have 2 titles by now. If they had anyone but Kirby they probably win one of the games they choked away.

I see how you gloss over the fact that his coaching decisions have led to him blowing leads in games that mattered (remember the justin fields fake punt?). How about his elite roster management that has let his teams suck offensively? What about his decisions to hire Jim Cheney and james Coley as OCs. Isn't that the definition of a corch? How many more examples do you need?

Go worship at the feet of Kirby who has won......NOTHING with a STACKED roster and maybe the 2nd to 3rd easiest division in the game. Keep capping for a dude who hasn't won anything relevant with a roster that is top 3 in college the last 5 years.

Advertisement
Back