Bleeding out

My take is slightly different. Yes the end is inevitable and it seems bizarre to keep Manny at the helm another day out of ceremony or whatever. But I actually saw some guys play like they gave a sh*t yesterday. Actually show some toughness, pride, and love for the game. Of course it was still overall horribly undisciplined football for the most part but it was nice seeing guys actually seem to care at times. There's enough here to work with for the right staff. Why not get that process started now?
JFC, man!!!

These kids aren’t playing for Manny. Ya’ll need to separate that. Just like in the military, some officers get fragged. These guys are fighting for each other.

Advertisement
The problem is much bigger than Manny.

What's the point of firing him, to just have Blake James & Jenn Strawnley hire another HC.

We've been down 15+ years now? I actually don't mind UM & the BOT taking an extra month or two to get the situation in the Athletic Department right first.

Comparing the LSU situation to Miami is Apples vs Oranges. LSU actually has a competent Athletic Department and admin that is aligned. All they have to do is switch the HC, we have much bigger systemic problems.
I’ve ripped the administration a lot more than manny.

Advertisement
We wait and see but I see waiting till season end to make decisions at UM. I do believe Louisiana kids want to stay in State and are different than local Miami kids...so LSU recruiting won't take as big a recruiting hit as UM. Unfortunately we could lose some really good players but at least we have the portal that is now available to help. I keep telling folks it's like UM has been cursed since 05 Peach Bowl. I'll be there again next week to cheer them on as I do every home game.

JFC, man!!!

These kids aren’t playing for Manny. Ya’ll need to separate that. Just like in the military, some officers get fragged. These guys are fighting for each other.
I'm not saying they are I'm saying I actually saw some kids play like they cared and actually enjoyed playing football yesterday. Maybe in spite of Manny?
JFC, man!!!

Advertisement
We wait and see but I see waiting till season end to make decisions at UM. I do believe Louisiana kids want to stay in State and are different than local Miami kids...so LSU recruiting won't take as big a recruiting hit as UM. Unfortunately we could lose some really good players but at least we have the portal that is now available to help. I keep telling folks it's like UM has been cursed since 05 Peach Bowl. I'll be there again next week to cheer them on as I do every home game.
We lose way more by sitting and letting the situation fester further.

LSU firing their coach who got them a Natty should bring UM’s apathy and lack of commitment issue back to the forefront.
He would’ve been fired by Miami much sooner. That does not conflict with your premise.

The most horrific thing about this is this:

We could have fired Manny before Virginia and taken a real shot in a year when there would have been no expectations. I could even have seen the new coach bump getting us to the ACC title game.

From there, the next HC has a real platform for the squad and to recruit.

Makes too much sense doesn't it?

Advertisement
I said this in another thread but i imagine it will get more attention in yours.

I quite frankly don’t understand how the Miami fans allow Blake and Frenk to walk around that stadium unmolested. You see what Tenn fans did to Kiffin? They put the eggs and water bottles to his a$$. Now i dont advocate for violence but you would think a verbal assault worthy of the news would take place. UM fans can chant F Biden but those two clowns get to walk around showing teeth while the fans spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a day of pain.
I was asking myself the same thing in Atlanta at the Friday night canes pre party. Beta Blake showed up and fans were literally running up to him for pictures. I noticed him walking out to leave and was close enough nearby to air my complaints at him. The looks I received from other canes nearby said it all - they were beyond confused why one person was telling Blake to get the f outta here!

As for UM and f Biden chants…. Unfortunately haven’t heard that in our stadium yet. In fact, I was told by stadium security if I don’t quit yelling and throwing f bombs at manny… I’m tossed. This is what it has come to.

We have become a literal joke. All joy is taken out of saturdays…

Coaches themselves know when its over. That’s why they have buy out clauses. Jumbo bolted at the right time, Saban did it. Coach O knew. In the best interest of Miami FOOTBALL its time to move on. Diaz looks like he needs serious help, counciling and bed rest. Why keep in there and torture the guy the fans the alum and former players. The U is becoming the n.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back