Bleeding out

Cribby

All-American
Premium
This is where we are.

1. The players know manny is fired.

2. The staff knows they’re fired.

3. The fans knows also know they’re fired.

So my question is why are they just letting this bleed out? It’s just more proof how the simplest things bust their ***. No matter how simple or obvious the decision they’ll ***** it up.

The program is out of control , it’s full of toxicity and drama. We pretty much have a substitute teacher in a class full of kids who are checked out and over it. Coaches are walking out of meetings, players are going awol and the staff isn’t exactly hitting the road hard with recruiting. They’re more concerned with their next gig.

This brings me to my question…..why not not end this? Let the players at least have an answer to the obvious, That way they can cut lose and play without that bs hovering over their heads. There’s still something to play for, and the coastal is still there to be had. Will we likely win it? Nah, but stranger things have happened. Especially when dealing with younger guys playing for something.

It also allows the search to start and coaches / agents can start reaching out. More jobs are coming open and soon, why wait to add Miami to the list?

I posted a thread after the loss to Uva “. I posted that because there was no better time for the change, You had a bye week to make the adjustment and still be able to prepare for Uva. But in typical Miami fashion they made the wrong decision.

Hopefully somebody grows some balls and finally puts a bullet in this situation , rather than continuing to sit by and watching it bleed out in front of the country. I mean is there any leadership to be found in this program? On second thought don't answer that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Naked Gun Panic GIF

Advertisement
I am going to the game this weekend (because my wife said I spend the money on season tickets, my a$$ better go) so I will admit to that but don’t make the mistake that I won’t be in the vicinity of the Golden Hurricanes area and not make my voice heard

Advertisement
This is where we are.

1. The players know manny is fired.

2. The staff knows they’re fired.

3. The fans knows also know they’re fired.

So my question is why are they just letting this bleed out? It’s just more proof how the simplest things bust their ***. No matter how simple or obvious the decision they’ll ***** it up.

The program is out of control , it’s full of toxicity and drama. We pretty much have a substitute teacher in a class full of kids who are checked out and over it. Coaches are walking out of meetings, players are going awol and the staff isn’t exactly hitting the road hard with recruiting. They’re more concerned with their next gig.

This brings me to my question…..why not not end this? Let the players at least have an answer to the obvious, That way they can cut lose and play without that bs hovering over their heads. There’s still something to play for, and the coastal is still there to be had. Will we likely win it? Nah, but stranger things have happened. Especially when dealing with younger guys playing for something.

It also allows the search to start and coaches / agents can start reaching out. More jobs are coming open and soon, why wait to add Miami to the list?

I posted a thread after the loss to Uva “. I posted that because there was no better time for the change, You had a bye week to make the adjustment and still be able to prepare for Uva. But in typical Miami fashion they made the wrong decision.

Hopefully somebody grows some balls and finally puts a bullet in this situation , rather than continuing to sit by and watching it bleed out in front of the country. I mean is there any leadership to be found in this program? On second thought don't answer that.
We only lost by 3.

My take is slightly different. Yes the end is inevitable and it seems bizarre to keep Manny at the helm another day out of ceremony or whatever. But I actually saw some guys play like they gave a sh*t yesterday. Actually show some toughness, pride, and love for the game. Of course it was still overall horribly undisciplined football for the most part but it was nice seeing guys actually seem to care at times. There's enough here to work with for the right staff. Why not get that process started now?

Advertisement
The boosters built that team. Now that money is tight you can see how well they recruit.

They haven't run out of oil money. Orgeron has been an elite recruiter at all his previous stops. Sure they buy recruits, but so does every other team in the conference so it's not as if he had a leg up on the competition.

The problem is much bigger than Manny.

What's the point of firing him, to just have Blake James & Jenn Strawnley hire another HC.

We've been down 15+ years now? I actually don't mind UM & the BOT taking an extra month or two to get the situation in the Athletic Department right first.

Comparing the LSU situation to Miami is Apples vs Oranges. LSU actually has a competent Athletic Department and admin that is aligned. All they have to do is switch the HC, we have much bigger systemic problems.

Advertisement
Back