Bleak's Spring QB Evaluations

I don't get why you think Martel will be the starter. It's just wishful thinking. None of the QBs have done enough for anyone to make such a statement. I do think all 3 will improve by Fall camp. Hopefully, someone will separate and emerge.as the starter.

I said why I think he’ll be the starter...our OL is gonna be average at best and he has the best feet/mobility by far

Advertisement
What "it" did you see in Nkosi last year? and the "it" you see in Martell Ohio State definitely didnt see..... I dont like or Trust Nkosi one bit to be the leader of my team... just being honest... he hasnt shown me much on or off the field. I am Team Jarren

Kosi showed the it factor vs FSU.

Do u have contact with Day? Did he tell u Martell don't have the it factor? Bc I seen it on QB1, at Ohio State, and this spring. The it factor is something u can't teach. Both Kosi and and Martell have supreme confidence in their game, maybe sometimes to a fault.

IMO Jarren is just a game manager at this stage in his career.

Whoever wins qb job just needs to be a game manager and limit the mistakes.sky is the limit for this team.time for it to grow up and take that step.it's taken its lumps time for it to start dishing it back.I have a guy feeling we are about see another cane take over the college football world 🌎again.

I said why I think he’ll be the starter...our OL is gonna be average at best and he has the best feet/mobility by far
That's not good enough unless those guys can't block anyone. Plus in that case you do a lot of 3 step drops so it doesn't matter whose the guy. Need someone who can make quick decisions and get the ball out quick.

I don't want a guy who is a one look first read and tuck n run. Give me a guy that can read the defense pre-snap and knows where to go with the ball.

Kosi showed the it factor vs FSU.

Do u have contact with Day? Did he tell u Martell don't have the it factor? Bc I seen it on QB1, at Ohio State, and this spring. The it factor is something u can't teach. Both Kosi and and Martell have supreme confidence in their game, maybe sometimes to a fault.

IMO Jarren is just a game manager at this stage in his career.
Man Rosier showed the it factor at FSU at a much higher level then NKosi did..and where did that get us? Making a half court shot at the buzzer doesnt mean you can shoot. I was more turned off by Nkosis performances then turned on...that means i aint *******

Advertisement
Man Rosier showed the it factor at FSU at a much higher level then NKosi did..and where did that get us? Making a half court shot at the buzzer doesnt mean you can shoot. I was more turned off by Nkosis performances then turned on...that means i aint *******

Yeah Kosi struggles but it seems like his struggles are bc the game moves too fast for him, not talent level.

One thing I did like about Malik is he had the confidence of an elite player. He didn't have the talent of an elite player though.

U really think come fall that if Jarren was told to go out there and win us the game he could do it? I don't see it in him. Looks more like a game manager to me. He won't go lose us the game but he won't go win it for us either.

So to summarize OP’s guy is JW. I enjoy this site if for nothing more than the entertainment. Many have valid posts with rational, cohesive thought, but most don’t. Look at what “we” have guys. You have NP who’s busy posting bullspit on IG which not only has nothing to do with football but is stupid s*!$& that shows he’s a clown. You have JW who’s been suspended, done nothing to take a wide open job from NP and MR last year, and still can’t grasp the feel for the field. Don’t know about everyone else but I want a fuggin dog, a gamer, who’s got the scrote, the desire, the will, and the fight to lead this football team beyond 15+ years of mediocrity. I got news for you, NP ain’t it. Maybe JW is but let’s stop looking at him as the second coming just waiting for his time. You’ve got two guys who went 10 of 17 with a pick combined against Savannah State and somehow someway they’re the answer. NP = continued unknown and most likely brainless mediocrity. JW, arm talent and all, =‘s how the fu*! have you not taken this job? Glad Tate had a good showing otherwise we’d be in a continued load of crap with uncertainty to come. May the best man win and may that result in us winning as wel than God bless it.

One of the QBs is going to have to step up big time over the summer and master this offense. Right now, they’re all floundering in mediocrity making a play here and there then looking like garbage. That’s to be expected at this stage though with a brand new system and also being asked to play under Center, which is something none of them have a clue how to do.

Someone needs to bury himself in the book over the summer and show himself as the leader organizing workouts with his teammates.

I think Tate makes a big time move by fall. May be enough for him to get the nod. May not be depending on what Perry does over the summer. Either way, Tate is going to get reps in every game.

Rosier was also the "least talented" QB on the rooster last year. Martell is considerably more talented than Rosier. All the talent in the world doesnt mean anything if a HC doesn't trust the QBs decision making. Rosier, for all his faults, rarely threw INTs. William's has the most arm talent, but every report I've read here says he is throwing the most INTs. There is almost no chance that Diaz trusts Perry's judgment after watching him make an *** out of himself the last two offseasons. Martell's overall HS numbers show 113 TDs with just 9 INTs. Perry had 64 TDs with 13 INTs. William's 68 TDs to 18 INTs. Martell also has highest completion percentage of the three. As he gets more reps, coaches are going to realize they can trust him most with the ball. I'm still betting on Martell as the open day starter.

Advertisement
Always willing to tell the truth Bleak.....u about to get bombarded tho
Is it the truth though? Yes and no. Yes bleak's breakdown of each qb is accurate at the moment but I expect each of the 3 to continue to mature and develop under Enos. They are all still young so they have plenty of time to develop. The most important thing here is that Kosi and Jarren are getting real coaching for the first time in college so I expect they will continue to improve. With Martell, he had good coaching at Taint but Enos runs a completely different type of system and Tate has had to adjust to that. A year from now all three of these QB's will be vastly improved from where they were yesterday. Who's going to win the QB competition you ask? Beats my balls but I will say that whoever wins it will be more than capable.

Rosier was also the "least talented" QB on the rooster when we won 10 games. Martell is considerably more talented than Rosier. All the talent in the world doesnt mean anything if a HC doesn't trust the QBs decision making. Rosier, for all his faults, rarely threw INTs. William's has the most arm talent, but every report I've read here says he is throwing the most INTs. There is almost no chance that Diaz trusts Perry's judgment after watching him make an *** out of himself the last two offseasons. Martell's overall HS numbers show 113 TDs with just 9 INTs. Perry had 64 TDs with 13 INTs. William's 68 TDs to 18 INTs. Martell also has highest completion percentage of the three. As he gets more reps, coaches are going to realize they can trust him most with the ball. I'm still betting on Martell as the open day starter.
One of Mannys first calls after being hired was to Perry. I think they trust him enough and they want him here.

He takes care of the ball well enough. His problem is with sacks.

Jarren WIlliams- Is the most talented, accurate and polished passer but is still processing things out there, not seeing the field as quick as I would like. Nees playtime to get better.

Tate Martell- looks like a gamer but does not have the arm talent to win big games by himself, the least talented of all the QB's. Offense must be catered to his strengths to have any shot to win with this guy.

Nkosi Perry- Has poise in the pocket but is inaccurate, also cannot throw on the run.

If we had to play a game next week we wouldn't win more then 8 games with any of these guys. I'd still roll with Jarren Williams and take my lumps while he learns and bring in Tate for special packages. Hopefully all these guys improve over the summer.
Only 8 games?!? and lose to the likes of who besides UF? a new regime GT? Duke, who lost their QB and skill position talent? UVA coached by Howdy Duty? VT that has to play both ways bc they have 15 payers currently on the team? FSWho??? Lulu, C'mon man.

Advertisement
Jarren WIlliams- Is the most talented, accurate and polished passer but is still processing things out there, not seeing the field as quick as I would like. Nees playtime to get better.

Tate Martell- looks like a gamer but does not have the arm talent to win big games by himself, the least talented of all the QB's. Offense must be catered to his strengths to have any shot to win with this guy.

Nkosi Perry- Has poise in the pocket but is inaccurate, also cannot throw on the run.

If we had to play a game next week we wouldn't win more then 8 games with any of these guys. I'd still roll with Jarren Williams and take my lumps while he learns and bring in Tate for special packages. Hopefully all these guys improve over the summer.
Spot frikin on. This is exactly how I see it playing out.

Only 8 games?!? and lose to the likes of who besides UF? a new regime GT? Duke, who lost their QB and skill position talent? UVA coached by Howdy Duty? VT that has to play both ways bc they have 15 payers currently on the team? FSWho??? Lulu, C'mon man.

Every year people say this exact thing before the season.

Every fcking year.

Every year people say this exact thing before the season.

Every fcking year.
I get it, but we actually have a "modern" offensive scheme with a real OC and QB coach...that has to count for another 2-3 more wins compared to last season...or nah?!?

Advertisement
Anyone who gives credit to Perry for FSU is a moron, guy was TERRIBLE outside of 1 amazing throw to Thomas which shouldnt have even been thrown to be honest and another throw to an open Brevin. He was TERRIBLE that game
Outside that throw, I have no idea why anyone can honestly think he's the answer at QB. Yes he has a cannon arm, but he's really erratic. He is not a great scrambler and his off field speaks for itself. It's between Jarren and Tate.

I get it, but we actually have a "modern" offensive scheme with a real OC and QB coach...that has to count for another 2-3 more wins compared to last season...or nah?!?

What’s modern about the offense we saw on Saturday. Qbs under center and fullbacks?

Anyone who gives credit to Perry for FSU is a moron, guy was TERRIBLE outside of 1 amazing throw to Thomas which shouldnt have even been thrown to be honest and another throw to an open Brevin. He was TERRIBLE that game
200 yds w 4 TDs and no INT's against your biggest rival is terrible? Every one of his TD throws that game was legit. Yes, his completion percentage was horrible, but that was due to a combination of drops (there were a few that game) and the fact that Brian Burns was basically treating our OL like a turnstile.

He wasn't awesome, but he was far from terrible. If he gives us 200 and 4 TD's with no Int's every game this season, I don't think we'd put up a loss til we got to Clemson.

Advertisement
Back