Bleak's Spring QB Evaluations

Advertisement
Jarren WIlliams- Is the most talented, accurate and polished passer but is still processing things out there, not seeing the field as quick as I would like. Nees playtime to get better.

Tate Martell- looks like a gamer but does not have the arm talent to win big games by himself, the least talented of all the QB's. Offense must be catered to his strengths to have any shot to win with this guy.

Nkosi Perry- Has poise in the pocket but is inaccurate, also cannot throw on the run.

If we had to play a game next week we wouldn't win more then 8 games with any of these guys. I'd still roll with Jarren Williams and take my lumps while he learns and bring in Tate for special packages. Hopefully all these guys improve over the summer.

Is there a QB alive that can win a game by themself? I think they all need some sort of assistance to win rather it be scheme/great receivers/run game etc. I think the expectation is that they all need and will improve between now and 8/24. I think Tate gets the nod as our OL needs a QB with wheels unfortunately. I think all 3 have potential though.

Advertisement
You sound silly. If we won 10 games with Rosier, then we can certainly win 8 games or more. Jarren, Tate, and N’Kosi are leagues above Rosier.

Advertisement
Jarren WIlliams- Is the most talented, accurate and polished passer but is still processing things out there, not seeing the field as quick as I would like. Nees playtime to get better.

Tate Martell- looks like a gamer but does not have the arm talent to win big games by himself, the least talented of all the QB's. Offense must be catered to his strengths to have any shot to win with this guy.

Nkosi Perry- Has poise in the pocket but is inaccurate, also cannot throw on the run.

If we had to play a game next week we wouldn't win more then 8 games with any of these guys. I'd still roll with Jarren Williams and take my lumps while he learns and bring in Tate for special packages. Hopefully all these guys improve over the summer.
We're not playing next week.

One of the main problems with this board is objectivity getting labeled trolling.

Anyone who thought we weren't going to be that good last year got blasted.
Bingo! We have a winner. As I posted last week, Guys that have played the position at the highest level tend to have a similar opinion as the OP. But what would they know, we have self proclaimed experts here with more knowledge!

Advertisement
“If we had to play a game next week.”

That is an ignorant statement considering we are installing a completely new offense and only had 15 team practices. If you think or offense is gonna look like it did Saturday all season, I’ve got some ocean front property in Kansas I wanna sell you.

Advertisement
Is there a QB alive that can win a game by themself? I think they all need some sort of assistance to win rather it be scheme/great receivers/run game etc. I think the expectation is that they all need and will improve between now and 8/24. I think Tate gets the nod as our OL needs a QB with wheels unfortunately. I think all 3 have potential though.
I don't get why you think Martel will be the starter. It's just wishful thinking. None of the QBs have done enough for anyone to make such a statement. I do think all 3 will improve by Fall camp. Hopefully, someone will separate and emerge.as the starter.

Whoever the QB is in the fall will be a significant improvement over what we had at the position last year!

8 wins is a joke!

Yikes. I don't know about that, man. First of all, N'Kosi did in fact start for us a few times last year and he led the pack yesterday. I'm glad to see Tate was nipping at his heels, but neither one has surpassed what we saw last year.

I say that bc I think the other two have the "it" factor.
What "it" did you see in Nkosi last year? and the "it" you see in Martell Ohio State definitely didnt see..... I dont like or Trust Nkosi one bit to be the leader of my team... just being honest... he hasnt shown me much on or off the field. I am Team Jarren

“If we had to play a game next week.”

That is an ignorant statement considering we are installing a completely new offense and only had 15 team practices. If you think or offense is gonna look like it did Saturday all season, I’ve got some ocean front property in Kansas I wanna sell you.

Completing a simple slant pattern has nothing to do with learning a new offense... and our offense has looked like Saturday the last 8 years... I am hoping for the best

Advertisement
Back