Bleak's Spring QB Evaluations

Rosier was also the "least talented" QB on the rooster last year. Martell is considerably more talented than Rosier. All the talent in the world doesnt mean anything if a HC doesn't trust the QBs decision making. Rosier, for all his faults, rarely threw INTs. William's has the most arm talent, but every report I've read here says he is throwing the most INTs. There is almost no chance that Diaz trusts Perry's judgment after watching him make an *** out of himself the last two offseasons. Martell's overall HS numbers show 113 TDs with just 9 INTs. Perry had 64 TDs with 13 INTs. William's 68 TDs to 18 INTs. Martell also has highest completion percentage of the three. As he gets more reps, coaches are going to realize they can trust him most with the ball. I'm still betting on Martell as the open day starter.
Rosier threw 14INT's in 2017 & threw 8INT's in 2018 off only 7 starts last year.

He had three 3INT games in his career as a starter (Va Tech 2017, Wisco 17 & Wisco 18), threw 2INT's (one a pick 6) vs LSU, 2INT's vs BC & an INT vs UVA.

In fact in 2017 he threw an INT in all but 5 games he started out of 13 on the whole season & was even worse last year with less starts.

Advertisement
200 yds w 4 TDs and no INT's against your biggest rival is terrible? Every one of his TD throws that game was legit. Yes, his completion percentage was horrible, but that was due to a combination of drops (there were a few that game) and the fact that Brian Burns was basically treating our OL like a turnstile.

He wasn't awesome, but he was far from terrible. If he gives us 200 and 4 TD's with no Int's every game this season, I don't think we'd put up a loss til we got to Clemson.

2 of those TDs came because the defense gave him the ball within 10 yard of the endzone. How many drives did he put together?

We wouldn't have been down 20 to begin with if he didnt suck for 55 minutes of the game. Same with rosier against FSU 2 years ago, people want to say OMG he led us to victory! Yet forget he put us in that hole to begin with

2 of those TDs came because the defense gave him the ball within 10 yard of the endzone. How many drives did he put together?

We wouldn't have been down 20 to begin with if he didnt suck for 55 minutes of the game. Same with rosier against FSU 2 years ago, people want to say OMG he led us to victory! Yet forget he put us in that hole to begin with
He let DJ Matthew's return a punt 75 yards?

He repeatedly called the plays where the
RB ran right into a pile of FSU defenders?

He made Cager and Wiggins drop multiple passes ?

He was the one who couldn't block Brian Burns ?

The entire team played like **** the first half. They all were responsible for the getting in the hole.

Doesn't matter where he got the ball, you still gotta make the throws.

One of Mannys first calls after being hired was to Perry. I think they trust him enough and they want him here.

He takes care of the ball well enough. His problem is with sacks.

I think you almost always want one of the QBs who started the previous year for depth and experience. Every qb has pros and cons. Perry is not a different qb from the guy who melted down at UVA. I thought he was mentally tough after the FSU game, but upon further consideration I feel FSU imploded more than Perry turned into Dan Marino. Perry, as you said, takes too many sacks. Williams is slower footed than the other two, he has more arm talent but doesn't seem to he processing the field quickly enough. I just don't think the game is going to slow down enough for him. Martell played absolutely elite competition in HS, so game speed isn't a problem. He's inaccurate so far, but HS stats say he should be the most accurate. That leads me to believe the inaccuracy has more to do with getting comfortable rather than lack of ability.

Rosier threw 14INT's in 2017 & threw 8INT's in 2018 off only 7 starts last year.

He had three 3INT games in his career as a starter (Va Tech 2017, Wisco 17 & Wisco 18), threw 2INT's (one a pick 6) vs LSU, 2INT's vs BC & an INT vs UVA.

In fact in 2017 he threw an INT in all but 5 games he started out of 13 on the whole season & was even worse last year with less starts.

The stats are misleading. I don't really care about 2018 stats since it was obvious Rick was done as a playcaller. In 2017, Rosier threw 5 picks in the last two games (Clemson and Wisconsin). I think a lot of it had to do with him losing key players: Herndon and Richards were both lost before the game. Homer had also put a lot of mileage on his body since Rick didnt sub much for him all season, and couldn't carry the offense anymore either. Herndon was the #2 receiver on the team and a huge security blanket. Rosier isnt talented enough to work around those losses and he started forcing throws as he tried to carry the team against top tier defenses. Those 5 ints in the ACC championship and bowl game skew the truth, which is he didnt throw a lot of costly turnovers most of the season. His REGULAR season performance was 25 TDs 9 INTs. That's respectable and will win you a lot of games (10, to be exact).

Advertisement
i doubt any team on our schedule would be confident and ready to play with what they have if they had to play us next week.

The offense still getting adjusted to the new system so i don’t think putting a win total on our 3 QBs is fair at this point. All 3 are more talented than any QB group we’ve had to compete against each other in decades.

I think if Kaaya was here he would be in the lead.

What "it" did you see in Nkosi last year? and the "it" you see in Martell Ohio State definitely didnt see..... I dont like or Trust Nkosi one bit to be the leader of my team... just being honest... he hasnt shown me much on or off the field. I am Team Jarren

Oh, that's because Martell played great against Rutger's 2nd team. That's why he thinks Martell has that "it" factor. Personally, I don't know if any of the QBs have that "it" factor. We've only seen some tape on Martell in mop up duty at Ohio State. Perry ran an offense with zero development his first year at QB where he was constantly rotated with Rosier. And we've never seen Jarren Williams play in a game except when he was in against Savannah State in the 4th quarter.

Kosi showed the it factor vs FSU.

Do u have contact with Day? Did he tell u Martell don't have the it factor? Bc I seen it on QB1, at Ohio State, and this spring. The it factor is something u can't teach. Both Kosi and and Martell have supreme confidence in their game, maybe sometimes to a fault.

IMO Jarren is just a game manager at this stage in his career.

He's a RS Freshmen. The **** did you mean at this stage in his career?

Man Rosier showed the it factor at FSU at a much higher level then NKosi did..and where did that get us? Making a half court shot at the buzzer doesnt mean you can shoot. I was more turned off by Nkosis performances then turned on...that means i aint *******

Bleak ain't never lied.

We'll forget that against FSU last year we were down 27-7 at one point and had to rely on the defense getting back-to-back turnovers in FSU's red zone for us coming back in that game. Without those turnovers, we lose to Willie ******* Taggart.

Advertisement
Man Rosier showed the it factor at FSU at a much higher level then NKosi did..and where did that get us? Making a half court shot at the buzzer doesnt mean you can shoot. I was more turned off by Nkosis performances then turned on...that means i aint *******
He didn't show the "it" factor. He threw a pass to the wrong reciever and got lucky with the catch.

He's a RS Freshmen. The **** did you mean at this stage in his career?

We need someone to win us games. Not, not lose us games. We don't have the talent on the team yet like a Georgia to throw a game manager out there and be highly successful.

So what I meant by this stage in his career is, he's not ready to start for this Miami team.

We need someone to win us games. Not, not lose us games. We don't have the talent on the team yet like a Georgia to throw a game manager out there and be highly successful.

So what I meant by this stage in his career is, he's not ready to start for this Miami team.
But Tate and Jarren are? People say the most illogical stuff all the time.

But Tate and Jarren are? People say the most illogical stuff all the time.

U don't even know who the conversation is about. Glad to know u think what I said applies to Perry though lmao. Stay out of my conversations.

Advertisement
Beginning to think you’re an FSU troll also...

His troll is to d* ride somebody else’s negative or pessimistic post. He quotes ur than say “you’re always keeping it real yo but this board is going to jump on you for it best friend”
I think if Kaaya was here he would be in the lead.

0% chance that would be the case imo. I think Kaaya wouldve entered the portal after the last scrimmage. He never wanted to be in a real competition for the job and Dan Enos would’ve hurt his feelings every time he yelled at him for making a mistake.

Again. How do you know Williams is a game manager QB? How can you say "in this stage in his career", when the kid's a RS Freshman? You make it sound like Williams has peaked and he is what he is at this point when the kid basically has next to zero film at the collegiate level.

Advertisement
Again. How do you know Williams is a game manager QB? How can you say "in this stage in his career", when the kid's a RS Freshman? You make it sound like Williams has peaked and he is what he is at this point when the kid basically has next to zero film at the collegiate level.
I said at this point in his career and with u knowing he is only a RS Freshman u interpret that as meaning he has peaked? Okay.

Better than not knowing how to make your arguing points.
I don't even know why I gave u the time honestly. Everytime I'm debating someone you're always acting like a cheerleader liking everything they say. For instance the other day in Nole Tears when the people were clearly wrong about Briles calling plays, u were right there rooting on the losing side.

But I would rather know someone doesn't like me than have a fake friend. So here is what it is. I have zero respect followers. I have zero respect for haters. I don't f*ck with u. If u dont like what I have to say u can mute me. Either way, stay out of my notifications.

One of the QBs is going to have to step up big time over the summer and master this offense. Right now, they’re all floundering in mediocrity making a play here and there then looking like garbage. That’s to be expected at this stage though with a brand new system and also being asked to play under Center, which is something none of them have a clue how to do.

Someone needs to bury himself in the book over the summer and show himself as the leader organizing workouts with his teammates.
I've said this since last yr....Get your *** in the Film room and immerse yourself in as much Film and reading material as you can possibly stomach, and then some...Organized Workouts were Dorseys Forte...on..and off campus...(throwing patterns to Andre at Traz) etc....

Just looking at the number of key players out injured, i think offensively, we will be a different team come fall as compared to last Saturday ....

Having said that, the OL and ST worry me most.... the OL was a sieve especially with the "tag" sack rule.... can't imagine when the DL comes with ears pinned back, how the OL will hold up...

His troll is to d* ride somebody else’s negative or pessimistic post. He quotes ur than say “you’re always keeping it real yo but this board is going to jump on you for it best friend”

0% chance that would be the case imo. I think Kaaya wouldve entered the portal after the last scrimmage. He never wanted to be in a real competition for the job and Dan Enos would’ve hurt his feelings every time he yelled at him for making a mistake.
Nah Kaaya would win this QB competition.

Advertisement
Back