Bleak Visons VIII- Happy Holidays Edition

Advertisement
Gonna call BS on the "won't let them transfer" cr@p. First of all, the NCAA rules allow a student athlete to transfer is he or she choses to do so, it only limits when they must sit out of competition. Second, your current school can not, let me repeat, can not prohibit you from going to shcool anywhere. It can refuse to waive the wait-out period so that you can transfer and play. There are some limits on scholarships but that would not stop a quality player from transfering if another school really wanted them. Now do I believe that the U would refuse to waive so kids could go to FSU, UF, or an ACC school? Sure, that is very common. But, if let's say Howard wanted to leave, he could go to Iowa or Or. State, sit a year and then be a starter..............

Unfortunately, the Kaaya experiment this year ended as a complete failure.

Am a Gus the Bus fan because I like them big running backs to compliment the speedsters and slashers.

Thanks Vern. Finally a good thread.

Last edited:
With Ryan Williams, we MIGHt have won the Louisville game. But the defense would have stayed the same

Gus will become the nations best FULLBACK and Kiy Hester is going to kill it at saety wherever he goes

How can an ad block a kids transfer? And blakes a bigger ***** than I thought if he is indeed doing this.

Advertisement
Gus not a given that hes leaving but I heard he's unhappy with his role.... If you put 2 & 2 together.... From New York in Miami...it just makes sense....but like I said Ad's do deny transfer requests all the time. Maybe his gets blocked

I don't think they can "block" transfers ... But they can "condition" them.

So, they can exclude certain schools from consideration.

It's a bogus rule, considering the kid has to sit the season out, anyway.

Gonna call BS on the "won't let them transfer" cr@p. First of all, the NCAA rules allow a student athlete to transfer is he or she choses to do so, it only limits when they must sit out of competition. Second, your current school can not, let me repeat, can not prohibit you from going to shcool anywhere. It can refuse to waive the wait-out period so that you can transfer and play. There are some limits on scholarships but that would not stop a quality player from transfering if another school really wanted them. Now do I believe that the U would refuse to waive so kids could go to FSU, UF, or an ACC school? Sure, that is very common. But, if let's say Howard wanted to leave, he could go to Iowa or Or. State, sit a year and then be a starter..............

Kids have to sit out a year regardless. If they aren't granted a release from the school, they have to sit out TWO years.

Advertisement
In regards to Gus Edwards, I think he's a lot better than we've seen. 90% of the time we see him he is in an obvious short yardage running situation. When he runs on a 50/50 down he runs a lot better. Golden has done his best to run Duke into the ground and Gus should have gotten a lot more carries. I feel this came to a head at the end of the SC and FSU games where you saw a Duke nearly get injured (SC) and cramp up (FSU).

I think going with Kaaya was the right choice. I know the team wanted Williams he was not available I think until after the Nebraska game. It was stupid of the staff to burn his redshirt over a couple of garbage snaps. He would make a great backup next year. I do think Williams should have gotten a shot over the hobbled-Stephen Morris last year.

Kids have to sit out a year regardless. If they aren't granted a release from the school, they have to sit out TWO years.

I thought it was that they had to sit out one year, but couldn't receive a scholarship so they had to pay their own way for that year If they weren't given a release

I thought it was that they had to sit out one year, but couldn't receive a scholarship so they had to pay their own way for that year If they weren't given a release

Yes.

If no release is given, the other school can't give a scholarship for the season they sit out ... So, the kid has to pay their own way.

If the release is given, the kid is on scholarship while sitting out.

But the original school can still "condition" where the kid can go.

Last edited:
This sickens me man. These kids won't even look back on their time here and remember it as a good one. Who knows if they will even be proud to be Canes.

Advertisement
Why cant donofrio resign? We know golden won't because he ain't cheating his self out of 5 million...

Unfortunately, the Kaaya experiment this year ended as a complete failure.

Am a Gus the Bus fan because I like them big running backs to compliment the speedsters and slashers.

Thanks Vern. Finally a good thread.

de14d7aea89b89b169b96c7e1251ff89995eb94742c71e37428b5e80ea3a4af8.jpg

Advertisement

Yes.

If no release is given, the other school can't give a scholarship for the season they sit out ... So, the kid has to pay their own way.

And people still wonder why kids will take illegal benefits. This is slave labor. Indentured Servants being brought to this country from China in the early 1800's had better employment contracts than NCAA athletes do today.

This sickens me man. These kids won't even look back on their time here and remember it as a good one. Who knows if they will even be proud to be Canes.

Remember my PM? We need to take action. I don't ******* know how but we need to do something.

Went and read Vern's previous post. If only a fraction of this is true, it'll take years to regain the trust of the HS coaches in S Fla and clean up the toxic mess this program has become. Sad days ahead. Happy freakin New Year.

Yes.

And people still wonder why kids will take illegal benefits. This is slave labor. Indentured Servants being brought to this country from China in the early 1800's had better employment contracts than NCAA athletes do today.

To be fair, the NCAA and the Schools have to have some sort of control with transfers. If not, it would be a **** show with kids leaving every year to play football else where. I have no problem with the current rules. This is why kids need to do their homework before signing an LOI with a school. If things are bad enough to where they want to transfer then they can play some where else in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back